Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhandfan

Now that Moy have got back on winning ways again (for the first time since mid-May!!!), it is probably as good a time as any to make my return to the Board!!!   Following our draw with league leaders Clonoe last weekend, we had a very comfortable win against Gortin today.  Philly Jordan scored both our goals and, together with Ryan Mellon, helped us dominate midfield.  The return of our county players has already seen an upturn in our fortunes over the past fortnight.  We are not going to make it into the top four in Division 1B but at least we are beginning to climb up the table again following a dire couple of months in which we struggled to win a game.

Clonoe's defeat today at home to Clan na Gael was a big surprise.  Both teams apparently were very understrength.  I also heard that four players were sent off in injury time at the end of the match following a free-for-all. 

oneillcup2007

Ok then - prediction time again:  The next couple of weekends will be fascinating for all you club football fans.
WJD quarter finals.
Coalisland V Killyclogher: Coalisland. (Coalisland  have been the team of the championship so far and Killyclogher should be way too slow for them here.)
Dromore V Kildress: Dromore. (Dromore - make no bones about it feel in 2007 they are ready to rightify what they deem the injustices of last year.  Love them or hate them they are consistent and they are back).
Errigal Ciaran V Donaghmore: Errigal Ciaran  (as per form donaghmore might beat errigal but they'll not beat the ref - a close game but Errigal will just have that guile and craft)
Cookstown V Edendork: (Cookstown have really improved and whilst you feel they are currently situated at 6th out of the last 8 they have the talent to be a formidable dark horse.  They should handle Edendork but need a kind draw... Are they not the Kind draw themselves though?)
semifinal draw: Dromore V Coalisland; Errigal Ciaran V Cookstown.
Final Coalisland V Errigal Ciaran. 
Tyrone Champions: Errigal Ciaran

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 19, 2007, 10:57:28 PM
Good win for Strabane,seemed to have picked up the pace again after slumping in the championship.  Now pushing for the league again and reserves in the championship final.  Do you think they can catch the leading pack?  Who performed well for you today?

Sorry DD12, didn't actually make the game myself, but it would indeed appear to have been a good win. Would be hopeful that the lads can hold it together enough to trouble the top two, and we still have Urney at home.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on August 19, 2007, 08:02:54 PM
EC Well done today, good performance by your seniors who could have won by a lot more than 7 - To start the debate again about refereeing ( not taking away from your win or anything ) but I thought the ref gave you everything that was going.

I was happy enough to come out with no injuies or sending offs. Good performance by our lads, they look in good shape for the championship match next weekend. I thought the ref did OK, He was taking no shit from either side. Its funny how two different sides can judge a ref's performance.

orangeman

FOSB - John Devlin from Pomeroy -

EC - Did you think the ref. was kind to Ardboe ?

How do you think the game will go against Donaghmore ?

loughshore lad

I thought the ref was poor yesterday as well - there were a number of situations where he didnt appear to know what he was doing or who to award the free to.
Orangeman - did the players feel the ref was leniant on Errigal?
Errigal deserved the victory, our lads kicked a number of scorable chances including 2 clear cut goal chances that you need to take when taking on the like of Errigal. 
Having saw all the O'Neill cup contenders lately I think Errigal will win it.

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on August 20, 2007, 10:14:01 AM
FOSB - John Devlin from Pomeroy -

EC - Did you think the ref. was kind to Ardboe ?

How do you think the game will go against Donaghmore ?

I don't think he was kind to Ardboe but after some of the refereeing performances I have seen this last few seasons he is one of the better ones (would not be too hard!)

I think that if we play to our full potential we should beat Donaghmore but it will not be easy. It is never easy at this stage and Donaghmore will be up for the challange. Im looking foward to see what team we will start. Not sure about PTG, Start or come on?

orangeman

I think that the general feeling was that he was giving a lot of protection to Errigal and seemed to have in the front of his head that Errigal were playing in the c'ship in a weeks time and he blew fouls at the first opportunity most if which went in Errigal's favour. I do agree that Errigal deserved their win - we had 4 clearcut goal chances and converted 1 of them. If you want to beat Errigal you need to be taking most scoring opportunities and have a neutral ref. It looked very much like someone form Errigal had a word in his ear about the c'ship next week and he seemed to give them a lot of protection.

As regards Canavan he should most definitely start - he's a class act and would instill absolute fear into any defence !

What about Aygharan's win in Coalisland ? Any news from this one ? 

Who was refereeing the Clonoe v Clanns match ? What happened there ?

oneillcup2007

I dont think we will see any change in this philosophy until Errigal are county champions yet again.  I have been at many games over the past few years where Errigal victories were arguably aided and abetted by decisions taken at different stages of the match.  I dont blame the referees I would have issue over the amount of pressure put on them unfairly by the Errigal movers and shakers which again was possibly what orangeman you are referring to.  Last year they were eventually good value for the championship but Clonoe and Coalisland could arguable point to moments where they could have been treated a little kinder. I know personally how hurt Coalisland men were but in fairness I would like to ask was there a referee in Tyrone who would realistically  have sent off Canavan during the island match last year after all he has done for Tyrone football. The Errigal poster will argue for sure but I could point out many similar incidents over 10 years, only its cuptime and we should be concentrating on the games themselves and what way the bloody ball bounces.   

oneillcup2007

BTW before any whinging starts, Im a neutral observer who would love to see Coalisland win the cup with Errigal a close second. 

snappiered

Wonder is there going to be any league fixtures or re fixtures this weekend. Some wins for Clann Na Gael and Aghyaran yesterday. Dont think the Clanns had O Neill or Dooher either. Makes their victory all the more remarkable.

giveherlong

Thursday 23rd August @ Killeeshil
WJ Dolan Tyrone JFC Semi-final:
Beragh v Brackaville @ 7:15pm

Friday 24th August @ Killyclogher
WJ Dolan Tyrone SFC quarter-final:
Dromore v Kildress @ 7:15pm

Saturday 25th August @ Newtownstewart
WJ Dolan Tyrone Intermediate Reserve Knockout Final:
Strabane v Fintona @ 6:00pm. Extra-Time if necessary.

Saturday 25th August @ 5:30pm (Reserve) & 7:00pm (Senior)

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 1B & Reserve
Moy v Clann na nGael
Gortin v Trillick
Dungannon v Loughmacrory

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 2 & Reserve
Eskra v Eglish
Drumquin v Aghaloo

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 2 & Reserve
E R O'Neill's v Derrytresk *Senior game only.

Sunday 26th August @ Galbally
WJ Dolan Tyrone JFC semi-final:
Clogher v Rock @ 1:30pm
WJ Dolan Tyrone IFC semi-final:
Augher v Killyman @ 3:00pm

Sunday 26th August @ Edendork
Tyrone Herald MFL Grade One Final:
Coalisland v An Charraig Mhór @ 5:30pm
WJ Dolan Tyrone SFC quarter-final:
Errigal Ciarán v Donaghmore @ 7:00pm

EC Unique

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on August 20, 2007, 03:03:24 PM
BTW before any whinging starts, Im a neutral observer who would love to see Coalisland win the cup with Errigal a close second. 

Do you seriously think that there is a plan within referees to aid Errigal Ciaran to win the Championship every year and this is influinced by people within Errigal Ciaran? :D :D :D Are you wise? :-\ That is serious Paronia on your behalf ::)  Some days you get the rub of the green and some days you don't. It always levels out over a season.  The fact is that on most days Errigal are the better side and this means on most days they win. It is how the game works ;)

orangeman

No doubt that Errigal are a brilliant side - but you do get the rub of the whistle a lot of the time ?

oneillcup2007

Whatever EC unique Im tipping you to beat Donaghmore so dry your eyes for Chrissakes.   ;)