Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Quote from: longballin on October 16, 2014, 01:09:46 PM
sorry for mxing the AIG Dublin top with a Man Utd one. Makes sense now, a Rock mentor on the line wearing a Dublin jersey  ::)

Please be more vigilant in the future before you come spouting on here.
Thanks. 

HealyHellRaiser

The crazy season starts once more. Strabane looking a new manager in Irish news today. Any other teams new men coming in? Is there many managers/coaches with in the county at he minute looking to work outside their own club? I see Augher will be on the outlook aswell.

BennyHarp

sorry for mxing the AIG Dublin top with a Man Utd one. Makes sense now, a Rock mentor on the line wearing a Dublin jersey  ::)

Yes, but would you have gotten on your high horse and commented on here about it, had you realised it was a Dublin top though?
That was never a square ball!!

WT4E

Quote from: ONeill on October 16, 2014, 12:32:17 AM
Well done The Rock - best team in the Junior division all year.

Best Junior Team in Tyrone nearly every year!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on October 16, 2014, 02:09:49 PM
The crazy season starts once more. Strabane looking a new manager in Irish news today. Any other teams new men coming in? Is there many managers/coaches with in the county at he minute looking to work outside their own club? I see Augher will be on the outlook aswell.

In fairness, Strabane's manager Palor McNulty stepped down. He was there ~4 years and has taken them from Intermediate to senior. I am not sure if he has plans to keep managing or not.

A very good manager who has a track record of taking teams up. A gentleman too.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

LeoMc

Quote from: winghalfback on October 15, 2014, 04:54:47 PM
Quote from: smort on October 15, 2014, 04:48:48 PM
I wouldn't worry about what anyone from outside your club has to say Roddy. I doubt the person in question has any idea what your youth situation is like. Maybe you aren't winning underage titles but that isn't the be all and end all of youth development.

I don't ever remember Carrickmore winning many youth titles down the years when I was playing but they always produced the senior teams that's all that matters Roddy son
Was it 88 and 89 they lost 2 minor finals in a row? Them lads went on to be Carmens golden generation, 3 or 4 senior titles when Errigal and Canavan were in their pomp. Compare their fortunes with the 2 teams that beat them in those finals Catersons Derg and Bàrr / Kilpatricks Clarkes.

longballin

Would it be normal practice for a county senior manager to ask a player into the panel via another player?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: longballin on October 17, 2014, 01:48:39 PM
Would it be normal practice for a county senior manager to ask a player into the panel via another player?
go on, spit it out

what are you saying?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 16, 2014, 02:18:10 PM

Yes, but would you have gotten on your high horse and commented on here about it, had you realised it was a Dublin top though?

I might have. As long as they are not getting paid like them Man United boys it's okay  :P

Bo Man

Normal practice with that man. He speaks to four or five and they tell the rest. It can lead to all sorts of people turning up for the panel. Half of them dont know if they should be there or not.

LeoMc

I would say that if the player in question was a few years overage for u-21s it may be a way to gauge if he has the interest to put in the commitment for potentially no serious game time.

Wee Roddy

I think all of our 3 representative s have withdrawn their services. All unconfirmed off coarse. The 2 or 3 more who could make the step up aren't available due to studies and a winter break in Oz!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Bo Man on October 17, 2014, 06:30:10 PM

Normal practice with that man. He speaks to four or five and they tell the rest. It can lead to all sorts of people turning up for the panel. Half of them dont know if they should be there or not.

Go on.....

rrhf

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 18, 2014, 11:48:24 AM
I think all of our 3 representative s have withdrawn their services. All unconfirmed off coarse. The 2 or 3 more who could make the step up aren't available due to studies and a winter break in Oz!
If roddy you are announcin retirements here that being the case can we thank ulster greatest ever defender for everything he has given.

bigtogs

Div 2 For Cookstown they wont be missed from senior football.....what a shambles of a club..