Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

If you support  Man United, does that not mean you support Dublin as well?

rrhf

Mikhailov

Quote from: winghalfback on October 14, 2014, 11:43:38 AM
Quote from: The Bearded One on October 14, 2014, 10:05:21 AM
Quote from: winghalfback on October 14, 2014, 10:00:05 AM
Quote from: longballin on October 13, 2014, 04:43:31 PM
What's the story with the man on the line at Junior final for the Rock wearing a Man United top? down with that sort of thing!  :'(
Seen that thought it a strange one maybe its a lucky charm or something

Was it not a Dublin training top??

Went to this game on Sunday and was slightly disappointed at the standard but in fairness to both teams they are the best 2 in Div 3 and stakes were high and also due to the fact that is the 6th time they have played each other in 12 months. Few points regarding this game;
- both teams but certainly Rock had about 40 men or more inside the wire. Is the limit not 30 and this includes subs, water boys, medical staff, management, club official etc...
- half way through the 2nd half an ambulance suddenly arrived on the scene dropping deep from the corner forward position and then stopping at the Hill dugout - was there someone injured or ill..? The game wasn't even stopped until the driver decided that he needed to turn and near ended up in midfield....
- Coalisland is a fine venue for a game - tight surroundings which create a good atmosphere.
- Joe McKee is still a good player, always was but still good. What age is he....?
- Hill would have won if they has 15 for full game

winghalfback

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 15, 2014, 03:43:26 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on October 14, 2014, 11:43:38 AM
Quote from: The Bearded One on October 14, 2014, 10:05:21 AM
Quote from: winghalfback on October 14, 2014, 10:00:05 AM
Quote from: longballin on October 13, 2014, 04:43:31 PM
What's the story with the man on the line at Junior final for the Rock wearing a Man United top? down with that sort of thing!  :'(
Seen that thought it a strange one maybe its a lucky charm or something

Was it not a Dublin training top??

Went to this game on Sunday and was slightly disappointed at the standard but in fairness to both teams they are the best 2 in Div 3 and stakes were high and also due to the fact that is the 6th time they have played each other in 12 months. Few points regarding this game;
- both teams but certainly Rock had about 40 men or more inside the wire. Is the limit not 30 and this includes subs, water boys, medical staff, management, club official etc...
- half way through the 2nd half an ambulance suddenly arrived on the scene dropping deep from the corner forward position and then stopping at the Hill dugout - was there someone injured or ill..? The game wasn't even stopped until the driver decided that he needed to turn and near ended up in midfield....
- Coalisland is a fine venue for a game - tight surroundings which create a good atmosphere.
- Joe McKee is still a good player, always was but still good. What age is he....?
- Hill would have won if they has 15 for full game

Dead on Joe

Wee Roddy

I just had a conversation with a former Tyrone player who oblivious to where i was from. To say he made me angry is an understatement. He informed me that Carrickmore had no youth and were a done team. Is this the general perception? And no wind up pplease.

smort

I wouldn't worry about what anyone from outside your club has to say Roddy. I doubt the person in question has any idea what your youth situation is like. Maybe you aren't winning underage titles but that isn't the be all and end all of youth development.

winghalfback

Quote from: smort on October 15, 2014, 04:48:48 PM
I wouldn't worry about what anyone from outside your club has to say Roddy. I doubt the person in question has any idea what your youth situation is like. Maybe you aren't winning underage titles but that isn't the be all and end all of youth development.

I don't ever remember Carrickmore winning many youth titles down the years when I was playing but they always produced the senior teams that's all that matters Roddy son

twenty one yard free

Not from carrickmore but they're u-13 league winners,u-16's are in championship final and league semi and U-21's in championship final,I'd say youth going rightly in carmen

Onthe40

Was he at the county final? Gormley at 34 was Carmen's oldest player..then donnelly-penrose , are they 30/31? Aside from that they looked a young side to me and they ran an excellent omagh side to the pin of their collar...so I doubt if Carmen are done.

The Beard

Carrickmore are not a done team. Youth seems reasonable. Wont be pushing for any more county titles for a time I would guess though. Been a long time since any team had such an easy run in. Had a relatively easy run in the year before aswell. So although not done, would have them outside top 6 and will lose benny mclaughlin this year too. Going back to Australia

In hiding

Quote from: The Beard on October 15, 2014, 07:29:15 PM
Carrickmore are not a done team. Youth seems reasonable. Wont be pushing for any more county titles for a time I would guess though. Been a long time since any team had such an easy run in. Had a relatively easy run in the year before aswell. So although not done, would have them outside top 6 and will lose benny mclaughlin this year too. Going back to Australia
Not top 6 !!!
Maybe a little behind Dromore, clonoe and omagh but as good as the rest

rrhf

Id have embarrassed him and let him know roddy.  Easy to talk without thinking.  Happens to every club.

Boghopper

Just to qualify that the root of gripe was primarily with infractions which the Rock committed weren't punished, had they been who knows what the outcome of the game been. Tommy Bloomer elbowed a player in the face in Omagh and only received a yellow card and Martin McCreesh punched a player in the face when he was bending for the ball and wasn't even booked. The sending off was a turning point most referees would have booked our midfielder and McWilliams, the incident was not as serious as suggested. I do accept though our man left himself open to getting sent off and should have dropped when he was being harassed by Rock players. Anyway its over now anyway and it hardly matters now, best wishes to the Rock in Ulster. I've no doubt they'll easily progress to the final and perhaps beyond don't think Moneymore or Drumaness will trouble them too much I'd fancy the Cavan or Monaghan Champions to reach the final.

ONeill

Well done The Rock - best team in the Junior division all year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

longballin

sorry for mxing the AIG Dublin top with a Man Utd one. Makes sense now, a Rock mentor on the line wearing a Dublin jersey  ::)