Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

A tight game was turned by the missed double bounce by Joe Mc Mahon 40 yards out from his own goals. A free in would have left Cmore 2 up, instead Omagh scored the winning goal. Small margins. Fair play though. A team has to be fit to play with 13 men behind the ball then counter attack at pace. It might not be pleasing on the eye but it gets results and that's the way the modern game is.

The Bearded One

I can't for the life of me understand why Omagh did not play more direct ball into O'Neill and O'Donnell, there was so much space in front of them. The first decent ball that went in quickly resulted in the goal. I thought Mickey Slane had a great game for Carrickmore, Penrose was also very influential. For Omagh Tierney was excellent, Mullan and Justy defended like men possessed and Aaron Grugan went through a mountain of work.

It is what it is. Presumably.

The Beard

yesterday was a great finale to the season. tyrone championship is definitely the hardest to win. you only have to look at omaghs run to see how difficult it is to win. Carmen came out and played some great football but just came up short, omagh very determined and never say die attitude got them through. who would've imagined saying that before the game??

I think that tyrone going out early was a massive advantage to omagh when you see how important joey justin barry conan and ronan all were yesterday. hugely important to team and system and no way you could get that level on performance with just 1 or 2 weeks to prepare

BennyHarp

Fair play to Omagh, people questioned their will to win on occasions over the pst few years but they have battled through some tough games this year. I personally think that now they have negoiated the battlefield that is the Tyrone Championship that they could give Ulster a decent rattle as they have plenty of players with intercounty experience and plenty of lads who have competed at Ulster level at underage. Maybe playing Cross next may just be too much too soon though....
That was never a square ball!!

TF15

Carmen now have lost their last 4 county finals, tough on their players and support. 5 different winners in the last 5 years also, Tyrone championship could well be the most competitive in Ireland.

blewuporstuffed

great to see a huge crowd there yesterday, tyrone county final day has alwasy been one of my afvourite sporting events of the year.
Without a doubt one of the hardest to win in any county
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Carmenalways

Absolutely gutted. This one is especially hard to take. But knowing us I'm sure we will be back. Congrats to omagh and I wish them all the best in ulster. 26 years is a long time but 10 is an absolute eternity. Felt we deserved at the very least a draw. I guess Sean hurson hasn't enough relations in carrickmore although to be fair thought he done a good enough job. However,someone forgot to tell bert that this was a championship final and not a fking basketball game. One as bad as the other....the result,we lose a player. Couldnt help himself,and let's hope it's a while before he shows his face round pairc colmcille. Finally, never kickt a ball.....it was the exact same when carmen were taking frees....get over it >:(

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Carmenalways on September 29, 2014, 02:12:37 PM
Absolutely gutted. This one is especially hard to take. But knowing us I'm sure we will be back. Congrats to omagh and I wish them all the best in ulster. 26 years is a long time but 10 is an absolute eternity. Felt we deserved at the very least a draw. I guess Sean hurson hasn't enough relations in carrickmore although to be fair thought he done a good enough job. However,someone forgot to tell bert that this was a championship final and not a fking basketball game. One as bad as the other....the result,we lose a player. Couldnt help himself,and let's hope it's a while before he shows his face round pairc colmcille. Finally, never kickt a ball.....it was the exact same when carmen were taking frees....get over it >:(
Surely you cant have any complaints about the sending off?
could have been a  straight red.
Not much in it as regards force, but he still struck him
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mikhailov

Well said Carmenalways - a bit of real honesty in your post however it was a sending off - stupid yes but a fair sending off in my opinion. I eagerly await your fellow clubman wee roddy for his analysis of this game.... :) :)

WT4E

Bert has helped Carmen out in the championship in the past so don't think you should be having a go at him!

Carmenalways

On what occasion are you on about WT4E? None spring to mind,but I'm sure you will fill us all in....and I stand to be corrected.

WT4E

Prob won't stick out in carrickmore minds but in 05 the year Carmen went on to win - Bert ruled out a perfectly good goal at the end of the Kildress v carrickmore championship game in edendork which would have had youse put out of the championship - but that's history now just saying I don't think you can blame Bert for yesterday. Carrickmore played very well but just had bad luck at the end - these things somethimes go for you and sometimes go against you!

Dell

Oh FFS! Blaming a ref or a linesman! The sending off could have been a straight red. He struck it was not the most aggressive hit but very foolish. Think back to the Augher game before blaming referees! Well done to Omagh in the past the point from Penrose would have won the game but they didn't give up. Clarke, Mullen, Tierney and McMahons were excellent. The Tyrone championship continues to throw up amazing twists and turns.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

gardrumchum

let me get this straight. you complain about the long wait, you complain about the result, you complain about the sending off and the linesman, and you then tell another poster to get over it. I like a lot of posters have a high opinion of the Carrickmore people and their club and the way they go about their business. They will most certainly regroup and knuckle down next year and be thereabouts again. you are doing them an injustice by the way you are reacting on here.

gardrumchum

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 29, 2014, 03:29:31 PM

Well said Carmenalways - a bit of real honesty in your post however it was a sending off - stupid yes but a fair sending off in my opinion. I eagerly await your fellow clubman wee roddy for his analysis of this game.... :) :)

To be fair to wee Roddy he called it right. His main argument was that Carrickmore were much better than people were giving them credit for. He was absolutely right about that and was vindicated by the way his team played.