Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Have to laugh at club players crying about no football for weeks on end then at the end of the season throwing games. Shocking.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 01, 2014, 10:26:32 AM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 01, 2014, 10:06:06 AM
Believe that Omagh are giving points to Strabane this weekend.

And so this craic begins

Any other games fixed?  Is reserve football essentially finished in Tyrone also?

It has begun long before now - did Omagh not allow Augher to beat them a few weeks ago......?

No,not at all, although they rested maybe 4-5 players that stared the champ final quite a few of their key men still played(ronan oneill, hugh gallagher, grugan, meyler etc) and it was a very competitive game
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: referee on October 01, 2014, 10:29:02 AM
Eglish giving fr rocks and Ardboe giving Augher the pts😉
where did you get this information ?  ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mikhailov

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 01, 2014, 12:54:14 PM

And so this craic begins

Any other games fixed?  Is reserve football essentially finished in Tyrone also?

It has begun long before now - did Omagh not allow Augher to beat them a few weeks ago......?

No,not at all, although they rested maybe 4-5 players that stared the champ final quite a few of their key men still played(ronan oneill, hugh gallagher, grugan, meyler etc) and it was a very competitive game

Do you think the posters on this board are stupid ..... ;) ;)

Omagh may have played the aforementioned men but they were not trying and basically played with avoiding injury as the main goal - and I heard that from a reliable source..Listen, I am not knocking Omagh or Augher here but this goes on every year and will NEVER cease until the county board try to stop it but there are too many influential people whose clubs may benefit from such activity therefore it will never happen. As has been suggested before, a championship draw system seeded on your previous years league placing would put an end to it. Several options are - top 8 get drawn against bottom 8. you could also go 1st plays 16th, 2nd plays 15th etc etc.....

Bensars

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 01, 2014, 01:59:47 PM

And so this craic begins

Omagh may have played the aforementioned men but they were not trying and basically played with avoiding injury as the main goal - and I heard that from a reliable source..Listen, I am not knocking Omagh or Augher here but this goes on every year and will NEVER cease until the county board try to stop it but there are too many influential people whose clubs may benefit from such activity therefore it will never happen. As has been suggested before, a championship draw system seeded on your previous years league placing would put an end to it. Several options are - top 8 get drawn against bottom 8. you could also go 1st plays 16th, 2nd plays 15th etc etc.....

1. Where do you place any new teams that gained promotion ?
2. Whats to stop teams who are safe continuing to throw a game to avoid another particular team in your scenario?
3. Is first dictated by league position or the playoff top 4 position ?
4. in your scenario there is no incentive for a  team in mid table position, they would play another mid table team.   E.g. Its not as if they will be drawn against one of the bottom 3 teams.

blewuporstuffed

the seeding thing is a good idea in principle, but im not sure it could actually work in reality.

Man Marker

No its easy. 16 team league to be played and completed before championship. Then in championship, top team plays bottom, second team plays second bottom team and so on. If that doesn't create a very competitive league for all teams I would be shocked. Its that simple.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Bensars on October 01, 2014, 02:13:14 PM

And so this craic begins

2. Whats to stop teams who are safe continuing to throw a game to avoid another particular team in your scenario?
4. in your scenario there is no incentive for a  team in mid table position, they would play another mid table team.   E.g. Its not as if they will be drawn against one of the bottom 3 teams.

Bensars, it is only an idea or 2 but I will answers your questions anyway as best I can;

1) New teams up go to slots 16,15  and if required 14 (they should be happy with that and playing a big gun). in reality they are not going to win it in first year up but their main goal is to secure status in div 1 for following year
2) If you were mid table and wanted to avoid the big guns then you need to finish in top half (normally) so why would you not try to get points rather than give them - if the big guns fill the top 6 then you need to finish 9 or above to avoid them
3) league position, therefore every team plays to the end rather than slack off when they secure top 4.
4) if we go with the proposed first idea of top 8 v bottom 8 then they would have a chance of getting 1 of the bottom 3 and certainly avoiding all the big guns - that is the whole idea of the top 8 v bottom 8 option...

These are only options for discussion and obviously need fine tuned before they would even be considered a realistic option. the only reason we are discussing this is because half of the teams in the ACL every year are secure after 11/12 games and go through the motions for the rest of the year. Some teams don't want into the top 4 as it prolongs the season but if it effected your championship draw then it is all to play for in every one of your 15 games.

I actually think it is easy to run and organise if got the required support

The Bearded One

No team will want to complete a 15 game league programme without their county players if they think it will impact the championship draw.
It is what it is. Presumably.

The Bearded One

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 01, 2014, 04:12:36 PM
Quote from: Bensars on October 01, 2014, 02:13:14 PM

And so this craic begins

Bensars, it is only an idea or 2 but I will answers your questions anyway as best I can;

1) New teams up go to slots 16,15  and if required 14 (they should be happy with that and playing a big gun). in reality they are not going to win it in first year up but their main goal is to secure status in div 1 for following year2) If you were mid table and wanted to avoid the big guns then you need to finish in top half (normally) so why would you not try to get points rather than give them - if the big guns fill the top 6 then you need to finish 9 or above to avoid them
3) league position, therefore every team plays to the end rather than slack off when they secure top 4.
4) if we go with the proposed first idea of top 8 v bottom 8 then they would have a chance of getting 1 of the bottom 3 and certainly avoiding all the big guns - that is the whole idea of the top 8 v bottom 8 option...

These are only options for discussion and obviously need fine tuned before they would even be considered a realistic option. the only reason we are discussing this is because half of the teams in the ACL every year are secure after 11/12 games and go through the motions for the rest of the year. Some teams don't want into the top 4 as it prolongs the season but if it effected your championship draw then it is all to play for in every one of your 15 games.

I actually think it is easy to run and organise if got the required support

What about the teams that go down, do they automatically get spot 1 or 2 in that draw? Is this fair on the teams who were just pipped to promotion the previous year that remain in the division?

Man Marker

Quote from: The Bearded One on October 01, 2014, 04:14:02 PM
No team will want to complete a 15 game league programme without their county players if they think it will impact the championship draw.

That's for sure, and I am told very reliably that Harte intents to make sure that a repetition of a late May championship doesn't happen in 2015 as he and the players believe that it negatively impacted on their championship in terms of lost of players i.e Clarke, but importantly in lost prep time before and after the club championship and also relations between players from certain clubs regressed.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Man Marker on October 01, 2014, 04:21:34 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on October 01, 2014, 04:14:02 PM

That's for sure, and I am told very reliably that Harte intents to make sure that a repetition of a late May championship doesn't happen in 2015 as he and the players believe that it negatively impacted on their championship in terms of lost of players i.e Clarke, but importantly in lost prep time before and after the club championship and also relations between players from certain clubs regressed.

Lads, I made it clear that this needed careful thought and a bit of fine tuning but I think it is a goer if it gets support but this is where is will ultimately fall down. MH will not support it and in support of the Man marker comments I believe he is correct - don't be surprised if county players play a max of only 5 games this year - from end of the NFL they will be on Tyrone panel and nothing else, if they don't like it they can leave. This is what MH wants and is currently happening in all other top counties especially the so called big hitters like Donegal, Kerry, Mayo, Armagh, Kildare and a few others. The first round of the Dublin C'ship was played in the 2nd week of April this year to allow them to prepare for All Ireland and some big clubs fell at the first hurdle but this is what they had to do in order to keep Jim Gavin happy.

The Bearded One

The County Senior Manager and to a lesser extent the outgoing Minor Manager have total control of club football in my eyes. They decide when games can and more importantly cannot be played. Until this power is wrestled back then it will be same old story.

There also needs be a concerted effort from all counties to push for a more streamlined inter-county season.

Man Marker

Quote from: The Bearded One on October 01, 2014, 04:43:05 PM
The County Senior Manager and to a lesser extent the outgoing Minor Manager have total control of club football in my eyes. They decide when games can and more importantly cannot be played. Until this power is wrestled back then it will be same old story.

There also needs be a concerted effort from all counties to push for a more streamlined inter-county season.

To b fair Mickey didn't get his own the year. Individuals within the CB took their chance to get even with him as his position is not as strong as it has been to put clubs first or just to get even. The internal politics on this will be interesting, more than ever before

Max Payne

Quote from: referee on October 01, 2014, 10:29:02 AM
Eglish giving fr rocks and Ardboe giving Augher the pts😉

Eglish will not be giving points to Cookstown after their antics last year. They'll have to win on merit.