Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtogs

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 11, 2014, 10:39:00 AM
The intensity of the tackling from both sides was the thing that stood out for me, ferocious at times.
Proper championship football, and a very enjoyable contest.

if Dromore keep at that level off intensity they wont be beaten in my opinion cant see omagh living with that heavy tackling... but if you give them room they would destroy you...

Wee Roddy

Would the perception be that its a 2 horse race then?

hugh the root

Carrickmore is tops for any game?Everything is run with military precision and their stewards are all ex players who can mix and get on with all spectators. there is not one bit of call for that heavy presence of county board wannabes. there was a wee boy scullion there and the way he was dressed would lead you to believe his role was to shoot down helicopters that might come in to disrupt the game . roisin Jordan was there to tease the crowds with her swagger and shane dorrity was obviously there representing the ulster council as that was the way he was kitted out. I never seen the man who plundered the loot !One of the best games in years and the crowds at Carrickmore last night were treated with great respect ! I hope most of the 6000 plus spectators purchased a half time draw ticket

bigtogs

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 11, 2014, 10:52:25 AM
Would the perception be that its a 2 horse race then?

Will reserve judgement to after the weekend to we see what way Carrickmore and Ardboe shape..... only an eejit would rule Carrickmore out of winning a championship when in all honesty they are in the semi final...

blackball

I agree with the root, Carrickmore is a great spot for championship games. Playing surface,facilities and stewards top notch. A set of decent lights on their main field would be the icing on the cake.

smort

Probably could do with new changing rooms too, very small for a championship panel to tog out in. Great place for a game however with the three stands.

smort

blackball

No cups handed out after the first round!

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: smort on August 11, 2014, 11:53:54 AM
Quote from: I LUV TYRONE on August 11, 2014, 11:51:29 AM

Egg on face. Knew it would come back to haunt them.

If you KNEW what would happen, would you mind PM me this weeks euromillions numbers mystic meg?

Not being greedy but I've a holiday coming up and wouldnt want to share the winnings with everyone on this forum
First on the field and last to leave

Pat The Root

And how many championships have youse won

GerryFromDerry

But sure they only had one week to prepare..... oh wait, they had 10 :)
Up the Shamrocks!

Tabloid Tim

As far as I see it there is no egg on the face, I have seen teams do these 'selfies' after winning league games against rivals. I don't think Clonoe were boasting as if they had won the competition but just having a bit of craic after winning a tough match. I'm sure many went for a night out and took drink off the back of a first round championship win- doesn't mean that they are saying that they have the competition won, this is just another extension to this.

Pat The Root

If the truth be told it went their heads and they thought they couldn't be beat , started talking about ulster clubs and some o hem went in the rip. thought Cassidy could have brought tem down to earth a bit. Like its not that we are short of cover or anything but he played a man in the full back line that hardly trained since the 1st round. So what's the point f paying all these trainers and stenth and conditioning people.
Big disappointment but a bit if a rest will do these boys no harm.

hugh the root

Quote from: Pat The Root on August 11, 2014, 12:47:43 PM
If the truth be told it went their heads and they thought they couldn't be beat , started talking about ulster clubs and some o hem went in the rip. thought Cassidy could have brought tem down to earth a bit. Like its not that we are short of cover or anything but he played a man in the full back line that hardly trained since the 1st round. So what's the point f paying all these trainers and stenth and conditioning people.
Big disappointment but a bit if a rest will do these boys no harm.
Clonoe are no bad team and will be about for many years due to cassidys involvement.They were gracious in defeat as were their supporters. I am sure they will now go on to support their neighbours Ardboe!