WT4E

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 07, 2014, 11:50:45 AM
Quote from: the_daddy on August 07, 2014, 10:22:11 AM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 07, 2014, 09:29:27 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 06, 2014, 10:18:57 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on August 06, 2014, 08:24:17 PM
Quote from: God14 on August 06, 2014, 08:13:09 PM
Let's cut to the chase;
Ryan Porter must be absolutely nailed on for a role with Tyrone next year?

No chance.  He would have his own opinion which would not be welcome under the current regime.

is the horse still there? does anyone know who does Tyrone's strength and conditioning sessions?? Talking to 2 club managers this week saying their county panelist's are not as fit as there std club players!!

Willy Moore of UUJ I believe was in charge of Tyrone's Strength & Conditioning this past number of years.  This was discussed a few pages ago.  He's one of the top S&C coaches academics in Ulster and indeed Ireland.

Fixed that for you.

OK, he is one of the top S&C coaches and ACADEMICS in Ulster and indeed Ireland.

He was on a lucozade sport ad too!!!!

nrico2006

Quote from: smort on August 07, 2014, 12:13:16 PM
What is Peter Donnelly's role with Cavan? He seems to get a lot of credit for developing their youth teams and players that have had quite a lot of recent success, but surely these players were coming through before he arrived in Cavan. How long has he been there? Is he the reason for their minor and u21 success? Im not trying to doubt the man or question his coaching ability, I'm just unaware of what he does.

Always wondered the same?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

Do you really believe that either Monaghan or Armagh beat us this year due to a S&C issue?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Christmas Lights

Quote from: the_daddy on August 07, 2014, 02:20:54 PM
Let's cut to the chase;

No chance.  He would have his own opinion which would not be welcome under the current regime.

is the horse still there? does anyone know who does Tyrone's strength and conditioning sessions?? Talking to 2 club managers this week saying their county panelist's are not as fit as there std club players!!

Willy Moore of UUJ I believe was in charge of Tyrone's Strength & Conditioning this past number of years.  This was discussed a few pages ago.  He's one of the top S&C coaches academics in Ulster and indeed Ireland.

Fixed that for you.

OK, he is one of the top S&C coaches and ACADEMICS in Ulster and indeed Ireland.

That's your opinion, I crossed coaches out for a reason. Compare the conditioning the 2 teams that beat us this year - Monaghan (Ryan Porter) and Armagh (Julie Davis) to Tyrone's. Both were quite a bit ahead of us. He might know what he's talking about but one of two things happened - either the S&C work wasn't up to scratch for Inter County level or the players didn't follow the programme. Either way there's a problem.

Your trying to tell me that Julie Davis is better than Willy Moore  :o
She has a pussy problem at the minute by the looks of things so her eye might not be fully on the ball with regards S&C

hugh the root

Peace and happiness to all subscribers to this thread. I now announce my resignation ; the show is over with Nudie Mc Connell getting a post with Tyrone. The next thing we'll be hearing is that wee bollix Jimmy A Nail from the CCC will be the minor manager!adios my friends and foe!

blewuporstuffed

QuoteArmagh certainly were better conditioned than Tyrone in 2014.

What are you basing this on?

The fact that Armagh beat Tyrone?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 07, 2014, 02:27:13 PM
Do you really believe that either Monaghan or Armagh beat us this year due to a S&C issue?

If anyone who is a serious follower couldn't see that many of players couldn't break the tackle, well we could conclude they aren't really a serious observer. We were well behind in regards of power, and have been fro a while. We have a few players who have developed power, but many aren't as developed as they need to be. Either it is Moores knowledge or the players application.. The players I personally know are committed, so there is only one other conclusion.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: the_daddy on August 07, 2014, 03:15:19 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 07, 2014, 02:46:00 PM
Let's cut to the chase;

Fixed that for you.

That's your opinion, I crossed coaches out for a reason. Compare the conditioning the 2 teams that beat us this year - Monaghan (Ryan Porter) and Armagh (Julie Davis) to Tyrone's. Both were quite a bit ahead of us. He might know what he's talking about but one of two things happened - either the S&C work wasn't up to scratch for Inter County level or the players didn't follow the programme. Either way there's a problem.

She has a pussy problem at the minute by the looks of things so her eye might not be fully on the ball with regards S&C

A bit of casual sexism, as about as classy as you could expect from one of the Lights brothers.

Just because you're a fan of Willie Moore doesn't mean everybody else has to be, people can make their own judgments. Julie Davis' credentials speak for themselves. Kildare were were lauded for their conditioning (if nothing else) last few years and Armagh certainly were better conditioned than Tyrone in 2014.

Just for the record, I have never said I'm a fan of Willy Moore or not.  Someone asked who the Tyrone S&C coach is and Ive rightly stated that Willy Moore has been or at least heavily involved in that area of Tyrone training this past number of years.  I know nothing of Julie Davis' and therefore haven't questioned her credentials unlike yourself who seems to have a vendetta against Willy Moore whose profile and credentials also speak for themselves.

Also, on what grounds can you conclude that Armagh where better conditioned than Tyrone this year?  Are you basing this simply because they beat Tyrone? 

EDIT.....didn't see the above posts where this was already asked.

Tabloid Tim

Can someone post up the upcoming fixtures over the next few weeks?

Thanks

Tim

The Beard

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 07, 2014, 04:13:02 PM
Quote from: the_daddy on August 07, 2014, 03:15:19 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 07, 2014, 02:46:00 PM
Let's cut to the chase;

Fixed that for you.

A bit of casual sexism, as about as classy as you could expect from one of the Lights brothers.

Just because you're a fan of Willie Moore doesn't mean everybody else has to be, people can make their own judgments. Julie Davis' credentials speak for themselves. Kildare were were lauded for their conditioning (if nothing else) last few years and Armagh certainly were better conditioned than Tyrone in 2014.

Just for the record, I have never said I'm a fan of Willy Moore or not.  Someone asked who the Tyrone S&C coach is and Ive rightly stated that Willy Moore has been or at least heavily involved in that area of Tyrone training this past number of years.  I know nothing of Julie Davis' and therefore haven't questioned her credentials unlike yourself who seems to have a vendetta against Willy Moore whose profile and credentials also speak for themselves.

Also, on what grounds can you conclude that Armagh where better conditioned than Tyrone this year?  Are you basing this simply because they beat Tyrone? 

EDIT.....didn't see the above posts where this was already asked.

Its widely accepted among the players that willy moore's sessions are poor. Not doubting his knowledge but his sessions are mainly prehab, slow paced and only have a handful of exercises in them. You know its poor when the likes of mattie donnelly and few others are doing their own proper hard session after. Not sure mickey or feargal instructed to these type of session but really quite poor.

WT4E

Probably excellent for Rugby but not so good for GAA if you hear me!  ;)

In hiding

WT4E

Quote from: In hiding on August 07, 2014, 06:05:09 PM
Quote from: drici on August 07, 2014, 12:23:41 PM

There is no way those four favourites will all win !!!

There definitely is - I'd say about 7 times out of every 10!  ;)

matchfit21

Carmen by 5
Clonoe by 3
Moy by 2
Omagh by 10+

hugh the root

Quote from: matchfit21 on August 07, 2014, 07:06:20 PM
Carmen by 5
Clonoe by 3
Moy by 2
Omagh by 10+
carrickmore won't get it that handy eglish could turn omagh over ardboe will just about beat moy and clonoe will take dromore maybe after a replay!sinn e!