Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

I don't think there will be anything to worry about when the league starts. Mayo and Dublin winning on Sunday will sort that out

LeoMc

Quote from: blackball on April 01, 2014, 09:41:56 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on March 31, 2014, 10:20:36 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on March 10, 2014, 02:51:47 PM
Quote from: hugh the root on March 10, 2014, 09:24:00 AM
Can anyone confirm if this is Tyrone's biggest hammering since 1973? If Tyrone were honest about it this 15 point drubbing would have happened last Sunday only for the brilliance of Morgan in goal.tyrone are going backwards and that's the harsh reality!

Ach now Kyle, keep it on the County thread. ;)

I'm glad you value my opinion so much Kyle. ;)

I am still not convinced he is the real deal but I really do hope he can prove himself.

He definitely carried on where he left off, next week should be made for him too. Hopefully it will give him some confidence going into the championship.
If he can build on these performances we may yet see the potential eventually manifest itself and he will eventually have the impact Donnelly and Harte have had in the last few years.

Oh and for reference  if you want/need my opinion on any other players check out the County thread, for opinions on club players and games check out the club thread.

What impact has Harte ever had on the county team? all he ever does is run the ball into tackles and get it took off him.

I thought he had a good year in 2011 when he had more of a free role. He followed that with a poor 2012 when more was expected of him. He has started to show signs of coming back into form the past couple of games since he has been shifted from CHB and the focus has been.

Donnelly also reveled in the freedom afforded him last year but seems better able to adapt to the expectation.

Club Rossa

Some great games in prospect in minor championship,pick of them would be Coalisland v Moortown and Ardboe v Clonoe.
Coalisland have been badly hit by injuries to key men,if they can get a couple of them back they will be very hard to beat.
Ardboe and Clonoe played out a great game a few weeks ago,little or nothing between them.

EC Unique

Quote from: Club Rossa on April 02, 2014, 11:17:27 AM
Some great games in prospect in minor championship,pick of them would be Coalisland v Moortown and Ardboe v Clonoe.
Coalisland have been badly hit by injuries to key men,if they can get a couple of them back they will be very hard to beat.
Ardboe and Clonoe played out a great game a few weeks ago,little or nothing between them.

I see we have Greencastle.

Are they a good team Ziggy?

Hereiam

U must be in the management setup EC askin questions like that.

clarshack

Quote from: Club Rossa on April 02, 2014, 11:17:27 AM

what's carrickmore minors like this year?

i have no recollection of us ever having played carrickmore at youth level...

Carmen Stateside

Ah ye would be safer giving your u-16 a run out that evening. Carrickmore very poor :)
They had big win against Cappagh last game.

hugh the root

I would like the full support of all genuine Tyrone GAA people on the following thread.I am sick listening all week to the Gaa hierarchy saying that they done the deal with SKY to cater for the diaspora.The simple fact is that it was done for the biggest drug known to man;money or LSD  which proves my point about its addictiveness.We have been listening to all the scandal about Cathal Mc Carron in recent days and it would be the decent thing if the GAA were to act immediately for this lads immediate homecoming.he is in a very dark and dangerous place at the minute and we are supposed to be caring for our diaspora what better way to finish the season of lent and to take help this lad back to normality.We are all sinners and as mothers and fathers we would cry out for help if this visited our own families.please start a campaign in Tyrone immediately and we have no greater spiritual leader than Mickey Harte to guide us along.

cockahoop

Obviously Tyrone will want to support there own but i think this should also be the concern of GPA who continusously tell us about how they want to look after players welfare,i feel really sorry for this lad and his family and its pretty clear he is in a really bad place inside his own mind,i find it very tatseless how some find this situation all very amusing and taking great delight in someone elses misfortune.

Carmen Stateside

I'm led to believe the GPA has stepped in and the lad is receiving all the help he can get.  Hopefully he recovers from this.

cockahoop

hugh the root

Still doesn't stop the GAA family in Tyrone giving Cathal all the support we can both spiritually and whatever else it takes to take him out of the hell he is in.Good to see the GPA take the lead and hopefully HQ will provide whatever financial assistance it takes. Should a collection be taken up at Omagh on Sunday we would see how the real good people would respond.

Under Lights

Quote from: hugh the root on April 03, 2014, 03:10:58 PM
Still doesn't stop the GAA family in Tyrone giving Cathal all the support we can both spiritually and whatever else it takes to take him out of the hell he is in.Good to see the GPA take the lead and hopefully HQ will provide whatever financial assistance it takes. Should a collection be taken up at Omagh on Sunday we would see how the real good people would respond.

Dunno about that. He has had help in the past, which has been well published. There is many of young man and woman in the county that are going through the same issues if not worse. Where's their collection?

winghalfback

Quote from: hugh the root on April 03, 2014, 03:10:58 PM
Are you serious. A collection to pay off his gambling debts. I'm 6+ months behind on my mortgage due to a long period of no work and have a family of 5 kids all under 12, I and my family are facing the prospect of loosing our home will you d a collection for us too and the many like us?
Nope didn't think so.
I feel for the lad he is in a sad position in his life right now obviously but i feel for his family too. The last thing he needs is money he has to sort these problems out himself.

hugh the root

I am not advocating a collection I am just saying I would go to any lengths  to get the fellas head right again.Just quoting an example of what I would do.We could all start with praying for him and his family instead of seeing the bad side of this.