Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: orangeman on February 26, 2014, 09:03:31 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. But for the lads in Teamtalk mag, GAA coverage in Tyrone would be a lot poorer and we should be eternally grateful and appreciative for all that they do.

Ok, there'll be the odd wee slip up. But in the vast, vast majority of cases, the coverage is excellent.

I don't think that anyone is disputing the coverage from Teamtalkmag. I posted my personal view about it, can't say that it is something that I have heard discussed much around the club. But I was accurate to say there was no mention of either the of the two games until I posted on this forum about it, then later that evening it appeared on teamtalk. Storm in a tea cup

Norf Tyrone

Yeah- However there appeared to be a bit of expectancy that you expected the report up almost at the final whistle! It's not the perfect service, but it's invaluable here in Tyrone.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 26, 2014, 11:41:01 AM
Yeah- However there appeared to be a bit of expectancy that you expected the report up almost at the final whistle! It's not the perfect service, but it's invaluable here in Tyrone.

You are welcome to quote where I expected a report up after the final whistle. I didn't expect a report up at all, and infact what they have provided more than met my expectations,  so well done, but what I did expect was an acknowledgement of a leading senior club in Tyrone making an Ulster U21 final, which seemed to appear after I made reference to it hear on this forum. But as I say its only my view, and I am sure they are not in business to keep me happy. And perhaps their report just took time for them to do as already pointed out and nothing to do with my post on here at all. Either way, its sorted!

matchfit21

Its becoming very annoying clonoe constantly complaining and crying about this or that. The players arent given enough credit by county management,  the fixtures are piled up as a way of stopping their progress, the media don't celebrate their success enough. Always the victims lads, seriously give it a rest. You lot dominated tyrone club football last year and deservedly won all round ye. Yous are doing a hell of a lot better than most clubs and I think the rest of the county is getting tired of complaints and whinging.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: matchfit21 on February 26, 2014, 11:33:57 PM
Its becoming very annoying clonoe constantly complaining and crying about this or that. The players arent given enough credit by county management,  the fixtures are piled up as a way of stopping their progress, the media don't celebrate their success enough. Always the victims lads, seriously give it a rest. You lot dominated tyrone club football last year and deservedly won all round ye. Yous are doing a hell of a lot better than most clubs and I think the rest of the county is getting tired of complaints and whinging.

Personally I think KYMI was a bit petty with his complaint about u21 thing. Winning gives it's own plaudits, no need to be begging for media attention.

Teamtalkmag are a great advertisement for Tyrone football and long may that continue.

But on a general note, that we had an unbelievably successful year shouldn't mean we aren't allowed to comment about ridiculous fixture scheduling or things like that. It's not a problem when anyone else has a gripe.
First on the field and last to leave

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 26, 2014, 11:49:34 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 26, 2014, 11:41:01 AM

You are welcome to quote where I expected a report up after the final whistle. I didn't expect a report up at all, and infact what they have provided more than met my expectations,  so well done, but what I did expect was an acknowledgement of a leading senior club in Tyrone making an Ulster U21 final, which seemed to appear after I made reference to it hear on this forum. But as I say its only my view, and I am sure they are not in business to keep me happy. And perhaps their report just took time for them to do as already pointed out and nothing to do with my post on here at all. Either way, its sorted!

I didn't say you actually said you 'expected' a report. I said, it 'appeared' that way. There's a difference.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Wee Roddy

No one has retained the Tyrone Championship since 2005. Its hard to get the hunger for a second year to retain it with the level of commitment required, add into the mix the tough draw.....hold on siege mentality will do the trick...yawn yawn. I don't think it will work. Clonoe have the players to do it and this sort of tactic only leads to indiscipline in my opinion. Almost every Tyrone team in the last 20 years that has won the Tyrone title has had a backlog of fixtures with Ulsters, leagues to finish, playoffs, league semis and finals. Success will dictate this. Its a problem with the Tyrone CCC but their hands are tied by the senior management. Its not solely a witch hunt against Clonoe.

bogball88

Anyone know any confirmed dates for the July club holidays?? ???

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Wee Roddy on February 27, 2014, 09:24:53 AM
No one has retained the Tyrone Championship since 2005. Its hard to get the hunger for a second year to retain it with the level of commitment required, add into the mix the tough draw.....hold on siege mentality will do the trick...yawn yawn. I don't think it will work. Clonoe have the players to do it and this sort of tactic only leads to indiscipline in my opinion. Almost every Tyrone team in the last 20 years that has won the Tyrone title has had a backlog of fixtures with Ulsters, leagues to finish, playoffs, league semis and finals. Success will dictate this. Its a problem with the Tyrone CCC but their hands are tied by the senior management. Its not solely a witch hunt against Clonoe.
[/b]

Entirely agree with you, but we are well entitled to highlight that the CCC have impeded our chance to prepare properly for the Ulster club, its hardly a siege mentality when it is factually correct. I'm sure if Carrickmore were given the limited time we were given to prepare to play Ballinderry you would be cheesed off with the CCC. Dromore in 2011 highlighted that fact, I mind it well when paul Mc ivor was giving out about it, feck all to do with siege menatlity

smort

Quote from: bogball88 on February 27, 2014, 12:25:46 PM

We have been told that there are a provisional set of fixtures pencilled in for Friday 11th July. Then the  break is from 12th - 27th inclusive. Strange that there could be games the night before the 12th though. A few of our boys have already booked holidays for the beginning of the 12th week too.

Wee Roddy

KYMI  in 2005 Carrickmore played off the Tyrone championship in 4 weeks, then drew with St Galls the next week, lost to StGalls in the replay (they won the All Ireland that year), league semi final against Kildress next week, league semi replay the next week and league final against Errigal the next week. I remember hearing something about through injury and suspension there was only 8 players starting the league final that started the county final. Now that's a tough tity too. The reality is that the county board do not really care about the club and as you agree with its not really a problem that Clonoe have all to themselves.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Wee Roddy on February 27, 2014, 01:41:21 PM
KYMI  in 2005 Carrickmore played off the Tyrone championship in 4 weeks, then drew with St Galls the next week, lost to StGalls in the replay (they won the All Ireland that year), league semi final against Kildress next week, league semi replay the next week and league final against Errigal the next week. I remember hearing something about through injury and suspension there was only 8 players starting the league final that started the county final. Now that's a tough tity too. The reality is that the county board do not really care about the club and as you agree with its not really a problem that Clonoe have all to themselves.

Tyrone won the All Ireland in 2005, so there were extenuating circumstances, the same as us in 2008, but this year that was not the case, so do you agree that we had every right to highlight the fact that the CCC were not giving us a fair crack at the whip regards the Ulster championship this year as they were not the same extenuating circumstances as an All Ireland final to contend with, same as Fromore in 20011, and as I said before feck all to do with siege mentality

bogball88

Quote from: smort on February 27, 2014, 01:04:32 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on February 27, 2014, 12:25:46 PM

We have been told that there are a provisional set of fixtures pencilled in for Friday 11th July. Then the  break is from 12th - 27th inclusive. Strange that there could be games the night before the 12th though. A few of our boys have already booked holidays for the beginning of the 12th week too.

Bonfire night  ??? ???

EC Unique

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 27, 2014, 01:53:40 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on February 27, 2014, 01:41:21 PM

Tyrone won the All Ireland in 2005, so there were extenuating circumstances, the same as us in 2008, but this year that was not the case, so do you agree that we had every right to highlight the fact that the CCC were not giving us a fair crack at the whip regards the Ulster championship this year as they were not the same extenuating circumstances as an All Ireland final to contend with, same as Fromore in 20011, and as I said before feck all to do with siege mentality

Clonoe have every right to feel aggrieved about having 6 days to prepare for the Balinderry match. It is not good enough and only the county board/CCC to blame. The year before we were lucky enough to have the Cavan Champions in the first Ulster round and to be honest our reserves could have beaten them. Balinderry are a different kettle of fish. The county final needs to be 2 weeks minimum before the first Ulster game and this does not even allow for a draw.

rrhf

I agree clonoe are streets ahead of any other team that has won the title in 10 years. If they win Tyrone this year and the same fixture making occurred they would be some idiots not to highlight it.  We can't make progress towards an Ai club title until we get behind these representatives. In 2013 it wasn't an argument that affected the likes of  Moortown  errigal, Carmen and to be fair it's probably not gonna annoy them too much this year either.