Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loughshore lad

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 04, 2013, 10:33:20 AM
I could be wrong, but the chat after their championship defeat to Trillick was that they needed to bring in their young players from the past two minor winning teams as they didn't have the legs in the championship match. As I said I could be off the mark. Loughshore lad where are you ?
Yer man with the poodle alledgedly said that this needed to be done, and that Trillick ended up having 7 minors on against Ardboe in the sen championship from last years minor final against Ardboe , whilst Ardboe had only one.

Nows theres a bit of craic for you.

From what I recall the Ardboe team that started each championship game would not have contained any more than two players over 30. It is correct that of the Ardboe minor team that beat Trillick last year only Michael Cassidy played in this years senior championship while Trillick played a number over the two games. That's not to say that was the sole reason Ardboe lost, I don't know of anyone who said that. Michael Cassidy was MOM in the minor final last year and struggled in the senior championship this year, there are no guarantees that all, or any of these players, will step up - obviously we hope many do.

Tyrone Gaa

Cookstown are the most hateful C U Next Tuesday'S in the county. It's been goin on for years just now they are being recognised for it. They have a certain freelance journalist among their playing ranks that is at the centre of all arguements
Living the dream!!!

matchfit21

Quote from: the_daddy on November 04, 2013, 10:53:24 AM
Some wailing and gnashing of teeth here. It's refreshing that a town team have grew a set of balls and are prepared to get in the faces of their country brethren. I'm sure you'd all rather they lay down and be the yoyo team they've traditionally been. I can tell you if Omagh would man up and do they same they'd win the county championship next year.

refreshing? Yeah this is a great way to be renowned

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lUMwnIoxefQ

Under Lights

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 04, 2013, 12:02:12 PM
Cookstown are the most hateful C U Next Tuesday'S in the county. It's been goin on for years just now they are being recognised for it. They have a certain freelance journalist among their playing ranks that is at the centre of all arguements

Yeah he gets involved in a lot of things

EC Unique

Cookstown's behaviour against Errigal left a lot to be desired a couple of weeks ago. I would LOVE to get them in the first round of the Championship next year.

God14

Quote from: Under Lights on November 04, 2013, 12:13:14 PM

Jayo Quinn. Yeah he gets involved in a lot of things. People need named.

Under Lights, that's fine about naming people. However I believe if you are going to name people, you should name yourself first rather than hide behind an online pseudonym.

Under Lights

Quote from: God14 on November 04, 2013, 12:48:25 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on November 04, 2013, 12:13:14 PM

Yeah he gets involved in a lot of things.

Under Lights, that's fine about naming people. However I believe if you are going to name people, you should name yourself first rather than hide behind an online pseudonym.

Fair point well made. We will just call him the Freelance Journo then.

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 04, 2013, 01:04:22 PM
Quote from: Boghopper on November 03, 2013, 06:19:29 PM
Anyone when these play off games are fixed for and why there are two more weeks of Div 3 fixture?
Because there are 17 teams in Division 3, necessitating 17 rounds of games to be played (with each team getting a bye in one round) as opposed to 15 rounds in divisions 1 & 2.

Will the D2 relegation playoff take place this weekend? If so they will have to wait four weeks before meeting the D3 playoff winner.

What happened Fintona at the weekend v Owen Roes?- Too many men at the Country Jam?

bigtogs

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 04, 2013, 10:58:58 AM
Spitting in faces, grabbing balls and talking about mothers is now the definition of growing a set of balls?

Head butting as well. Seen enough off Cookstown over the years,when it comes too championship football governed by umpires linesmen and official's they cannot get away with the sneeky stuff, they have not got the stones for it away from the partisan arena they created in their home games.. Cannot wait to they come to the Rahilly field next year!! Last week in the reserve game they where not too bad too be honest they where not too "brave"... reserve semi final on sat there, neutral venue and a decent ref 15 minutes on the clock 3-5 to no score game over they barely would go for the ball and the Rahillys reserves this year are mainly a bunch off cubs!! they have not got the balls for championship football full stop!!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Under Lights on November 04, 2013, 01:38:36 PM
Anyone when these play off games are fixed for and why there are two more weeks of Div 3 fixture?
Because there are 17 teams in Division 3, necessitating 17 rounds of games to be played (with each team getting a bye in one round) as opposed to 15 rounds in divisions 1 & 2.

Will the D2 relegation playoff take place this weekend? If so they will have to wait four weeks before meeting the D3 playoff winner.

What happened Fintona at the weekend v Owen Roes?- Too many men at the Country Jam?

Nothing happened them. Best team won. Fintona needed a last minute goal to beat us last year as well, so that negates 'the fluke' factor.

We've been playing like this most of the year, but lacked a bit of luck here and there. I think that's 4 wins in our last 5 games now or something.

For Fintona they will be under pressure now to keep their home advantage in the play off as they still have Newtown to play, who are on form at the minute.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Under Lights

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 04, 2013, 02:59:32 PM

Nothing happened them. Best team won. Fintona needed a last minute goal to beat us last year as well, so that negates 'the fluke' factor.

We've been playing like this most of the year, but lacked a bit of luck here and there. I think that's 4 wins in our last 5 games now or something.

For Fintona they will be under pressure now to keep their home advantage in the play off as they still have Newtown to play, who are on form at the minute.

I think Fintona and Newtown play this weekend with the winner basically getting home advantage against the other in the playoff.

I wouldn't say that either Derrytresk or Rock would be unbeatable for the D3 team.

winghalfback

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on November 04, 2013, 11:32:16 AM
Cookstown have to do all this to survive. If this is what winning is about then it a no for me. The referee needs to man up in these occasions. Clonoe and Carmen played out a very sporting county final the 2 semi finals were the same, to be a top team you dont need this bullshit off the ball stuff. That jayo quinn man is an absoloute mouth piece aswell.

Couldn't agree more all mouth and nothing to back it up

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Under Lights on November 04, 2013, 03:02:18 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 04, 2013, 02:59:32 PM

I think Fintona and Newtown play this weekend with the winner basically getting home advantage against the other in the playoff.

I wouldn't say that either Derrytresk or Rock would be unbeatable for the D3 team.

I would. Div 3 generally have 2 above average sides that are i wouldnt say world class but strong enough to get out of the league then the rest of the sides all be on an even par bar a few at the bottom.
what gives the div 2 sides a strong advantage is every game even if your getting beat in div2 the games are at a much higher intensity and you learn to adapt to limited time on the ball.id take the div 2 side 99 times out of 100 in them play off games.plus div 2 side who they meet generally up there game 10% thinking f**k were bound to beat these boys.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

winghalfback

Quote from: bigtogs on November 04, 2013, 01:51:02 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 04, 2013, 10:58:58 AM
Spitting in faces, grabbing balls and talking about mothers is now the definition of growing a set of balls?

Head butting as well. Seen enough off Cookstown over the years,when it comes too championship football governed by umpires linesmen and official's they cannot get away with the sneeky stuff, they have not got the stones for it away from the partisan arena they created in their home games.. Cannot wait to they come to the Rahilly field next year!! Last week in the reserve game they where not too bad too be honest they where not too "brave"... reserve semi final on sat there, neutral venue and a decent ref 15 minutes on the clock 3-5 to no score game over they barely would go for the ball and the Rahillys reserves this year are mainly a bunch off cubs!! they have not got the balls for championship football full stop!!!

No stomach you reckon 

Cosmic Fool

Quote from: winghalfback on November 04, 2013, 03:27:12 PM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on November 04, 2013, 11:32:16 AM
Cookstown have to do all this to survive. If this is what winning is about then it a no for me. The referee needs to man up in these occasions. Clonoe and Carmen played out a very sporting county final the 2 semi finals were the same, to be a top team you dont need this bullshit off the ball stuff. That jayo quinn man is an absoloute mouth piece aswell.

Couldn't agree more all mouth and nothing to back it up

To be fair to fr rocks I hear there's a lot of their club men would like to see the back of him. He's mugsys sidekick and seems to live off this!