Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Quote from: ONeill on October 27, 2013, 06:00:55 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on October 27, 2013, 05:20:22 PM
6 teams at the bottom of division 2 can still finish on 13 points with one relegation play off spot still to be decided on. What way does that work? Does it go on points difference?

It's a massive task for the Hill to get 2 points up in Urney.

Yeah its a tough game but Urney are guaranteed a play off spot at this stage so they have more or less nothing to play for so the Hill's chances are slightly better.

matchfit21

Quote from: matchfit21 on October 27, 2013, 05:52:22 PM
Donaghmore and trillick drew? Suspect result? Few last week too.

well donaghmore have a particularly long history of getting to this stage of the year and then going begging for points to stay up year on year.

matchfit21

Also does head to head or score difference count when it comes to final league positions?

clarshack

Quote from: matchfit21 on October 27, 2013, 06:38:31 PM
Also does head to head or score difference count when it comes to final league positions?

head to head then score difference if more than 2 teams on same points. this only applies if one of the teams hasnt benefitted from a walkover.

have their been any walkovers in div1 or 2?

blewuporstuffed

trillick didnt field against clonoe, but surely thats their own tough luck?
pathetic stuff if that game was fixed today.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

clarshack

maybe should have said 'involved in a walkover'? and not necessarily benefitting from one?

ONeill

Quote from: tyroneboi on October 27, 2013, 06:24:20 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 27, 2013, 06:00:55 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on October 27, 2013, 05:20:22 PM
6 teams at the bottom of division 2 can still finish on 13 points with one relegation play off spot still to be decided on. What way does that work? Does it go on points difference?

It's a massive task for the Hill to get 2 points up in Urney.

Yeah its a tough game but Urney are guaranteed a play off spot at this stage so they have more or less nothing to play for so the Hill's chances are slightly better.

Ah - didn't realise that. It's a mad division. Last week Kildress were flirting with relegation. If they beat Edendork they're in play-offs. That correct?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Quote from: matchfit21 on October 27, 2013, 06:28:14 PM
Quote from: matchfit21 on October 27, 2013, 05:52:22 PM
Donaghmore and trillick drew? Suspect result? Few last week too.

well donaghmore have a particularly long history of getting to this stage of the year and then going begging for points to stay up year on year.
both teams needed to win ye Mouth.  Fair play to trillick and donaghmore. Both scrapping honest and  hard for it, both teams far too good to go down. Shouldn't be where they are. Go take a gander at the last 2 years tables before ye make a Clift out of herself again. The moy is safe for another year so what's your problem? Tense game today between 2 decent teams ruined by a wrong sending off and a bad injury to a cub.

bigtogs

Quote from: winghalfback on October 27, 2013, 05:55:45 PM
Think it's fair to say Brian mc callian hadn't a great game today  in fact it was as bad a display by a referee I have ever seen.

As a Clonoe man i am very disapointed with Brian McCallion today he was not capable off refereeing that game, in two seasons we have had 2 players sent off to 2 yellow cards our discapline is up there with the best from what i seen today the lack off protection towards players was very poor, disappointed with that but what can you do

bigtogs

SkillfulBill

Results today in div 1 keeps most teams honest for last game of the season.  Regardless of the result between clonoe and coalisland. Coalisland will be all out to get to last 4 and Carrickmore ditto . Leaves Eglish and Trillick needing to put in massive performances to ensure survival. Cookstown will need to go all out v Augher who have an outside chance of ending in the playoffs. Potential dead rubbers are Dmore v Killyclougher and Errigal v Greencastle. Makes itvery Iinteresting. Who deserves it most?

rrhf

front of the mountain

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 27, 2013, 06:54:29 PM

If you were at the game or talking to anyone at the game you would know it wasnt a "fixed" game #slabber

Under Lights

Great to see the likes of Trillick, Donaghmore and Greencastle finally caught in the relegation playoffs. Been well known for years that they go begging for points off teams at the end of the season. Very pathetic. It's a wonder these bother training all year. I think very little of clubs like this.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: front of the mountain on October 28, 2013, 08:53:22 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 27, 2013, 06:54:29 PM

If you were at the game or talking to anyone at the game you would know it wasnt a "fixed" game #slabber

read the post again
it had been suggested on here that it was fixed.
I said that IF it was that was pathetic.
that doesnt just apply to this game, but to any that have points thrown or arranged at this stage of the year, which has been rife in recent years.
mind your manners
slabber
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either