Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 08, 2013, 10:25:00 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on October 08, 2013, 03:45:18 PM
Quote from: GerryFromDerry on October 08, 2013, 02:51:56 PM
Looking forward to the Tyrone final on Sunday as we will be playing the winners the following Sunday in Ulster. I presume if it finishes a draw extra time will be played.

Looks like Clonoe are warm favourites, but surely Carrickmore will be hungry for this one, not having won it since 2005.

When was the last time a team won 3 in a row Tyrone senior C'ships?

It will have to be ET if its level at the end of normal time due to the Ulster Club being the next week. 

It was the same scenario in 2008 when Clonoe beat Dromore AET and had to play St Eunan's a week later.  In 2011 Dromore had to play Ballinderry a week after winning the county title, when they beat Clonoe in the final. 

I think Clonoe will win next week but it will be a mighty battle with Carmen who are a championship team but regardless of who wins its ludicrous the Tyrone CCC have put the winner in that position and its a massive advantage for Ballinderry.

The fixtures in Tyrone this year have been a complete mess.

People can criticise the county board for not having the leagues finished and I also believe its bizarre to hold up the reserve league and championship due to county football but I think they're in a difficult position when comes to the senior championship.

The clubs voted not to play games back in may and personally I'm not sure it's the right call. I think 2 rounds should be played earlier in the year and it would cut back on the rush now. The fixtures this year also weren't helped by the extended run in the national league and through the backdoor.

A better fixture list needs to be put in place though. The reserve championship and league should continue throughout the summer and be finished much earlier. Better communication also needs to be given allowing managers and players to know where they stand. The leagues could be started a few weeks earlier and one or 2 double rounds played to ensure the season finishes earlier.

I can criticise them for not playing the club championship over one wekend instead of two, so they could take as much money from the public as possible, to the deteriment of the clubs at a time when they knew they were fixed for time to play off the championship. Until you understand that playing a championship game in May/June is to the deteriment of 98% percent of the players and 100 % of the clubs you will never get it!!!! It means 50% (thats the numbers of clubs out of championship football early doors) of the clubs will loose their young players to the states etc and how that impacts negitively on player and club development

giveherlong

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 09, 2013, 11:01:23 AM
Looking forward to the Tyrone final on Sunday as we will be playing the winners the following Sunday in Ulster. I presume if it finishes a draw extra time will be played.

Looks like Clonoe are warm favourites, but surely Carrickmore will be hungry for this one, not having won it since 2005.

It will have to be ET if its level at the end of normal time due to the Ulster Club being the next week. 

It was the same scenario in 2008 when Clonoe beat Dromore AET and had to play St Eunan's a week later.  In 2011 Dromore had to play Ballinderry a week after winning the county title, when they beat Clonoe in the final. 

I think Clonoe will win next week but it will be a mighty battle with Carmen who are a championship team but regardless of who wins its ludicrous the Tyrone CCC have put the winner in that position and its a massive advantage for Ballinderry.

People can criticise the county board for not having the leagues finished and I also believe its bizarre to hold up the reserve league and championship due to county football but I think they're in a difficult position when comes to the senior championship.

The clubs voted not to play games back in may and personally I'm not sure it's the right call. I think 2 rounds should be played earlier in the year and it would cut back on the rush now. The fixtures this year also weren't helped by the extended run in the national league and through the backdoor.

A better fixture list needs to be put in place though. The reserve championship and league should continue throughout the summer and be finished much earlier. Better communication also needs to be given allowing managers and players to know where they stand. The leagues could be started a few weeks earlier and one or 2 double rounds played to ensure the season finishes earlier.

I can criticise them for not playing the club championship over one wekend instead of two, so they could take as much money from the public as possible, to the deteriment of the clubs at a time when they knew they were fixed for time to play off the championship. Until you understand that playing a championship game in May/June is to the deteriment of 98% percent of the players and 100 % of the clubs you will never get it!!!! It means 50% (thats the numbers of clubs out of championship football early doors) of the clubs will loose their young players to the states etc and how that impacts negitively on player and club development
+1
Excellent post sums things up from club perspective very well

Any word if tg4 is showing the Tyrone final?

trileacman

Yeah but if Tyrone are playing Championship into late August what can they do? And it's also held up if the minors are going on until September. I don't see the obvious solution here, maybe people could offer ideas rather than bitching all the time.

We either play some of the championship early in the year, play club championship between Tyrone matches, play championship without the county lads, refuse to field in county championship? Not one of them would be ideal and to be honest the pitfalls with one is as large as the next.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

blewuporstuffed

But this simply isnt true

guys that want to go to america will go to america, regardless of championship or not.
If fact a number of clubs would actually have had players this year that went and played in america for the summer and came back for the championshp as it was played so late!
I would like to see the figures backing up this mass exodus everyone speaks of.
Also why hold up the championship for the benefit 0.01% of players in the county that would piss off to the states if they are beaten.
IMO its a ridiculous argument for not playing the championship early
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: trileacman on October 09, 2013, 11:28:24 AM

Yeah but if Tyrone are playing Championship into late August what can they do? And it's also held up if the minors are going on until September. I don't see the obvious solution here, maybe people could offer ideas rather than bitching all the time.

We either play some of the championship early in the year, play club championship between Tyrone matches, play championship without the county lads, refuse to field in county championship? Not one of them would be ideal and to be honest the pitfalls with one is as large as the next.

IMO this shouldnt be the case.
the leagues shouldnt be held up because clubs are missing minor players for league games, they should continue on regardless.
I suppose it becomes an issue when it comes to championship, but there are 6 day rules and 13 day rules there for a reason, unless the championship fixture falls within that period, teh games should go ahead and the players allowed to play i n them.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

I think at least one round should be played early. If this results in some players from beaten teams leaving then so be it. Tyrone seniors and minors are more than likely to be playing in the latter stages of the Championship every year so at least one round needs to be played early to give the winners a chance in the Ulster club. We now have the situation where our senior winners have to travel to Celtic park 7 days after lifting the cup to play the Derry Champions. Not fair on them.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 09, 2013, 11:36:47 AM

guys that want to go to america will go to america, regardless of championship or not.
If fact a number of clubs would actually have had players this year that went and played in america for the summer and came back for the championshp as it was played so late!
Also why hold up the championship for the benefit 0.01% of players in the county that would piss off to the states if they are beaten.

The last time that we lost in the first round when it was played in May/June, 6 of our team left for the states within two weeks. Fact. The other two times we lost in the first round it was August with no one leaving. As a result we made the league semis, and then last year we won our 1st senior league title last year, and that has gave momentum and plyer develoipment to our young players for this year. Fact also

trileacman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 09, 2013, 11:40:12 AM
the leagues shouldnt be held up because clubs are missing minor players for league games, they should continue on regardless.
I suppose it becomes an issue when it comes to championship, but there are 6 day rules and 13 day rules there for a reason, unless the championship fixture falls within that period, teh games should go ahead and the players allowed to play i n them.

You're right but alot of the time that's club driven as well, "we won't field without the very best 15 we can get." The GAA calender is just a clusterfuck.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on October 09, 2013, 11:40:43 AM
I think at least one round should be played early. If this results in some players from beaten teams leaving then so be it. Tyrone seniors and minors are more than likely to be playing in the latter stages of the Championship every year so at least one round needs to be played early to give the winners a chance in the Ulster club. We now have the situation where our senior winners have to travel to Celtic park 7 days after lifting the cup to play the Derry Champions. Not fair on them.
i agree EC, and its not just unfair on the county champions, i feel to have such a disjointed and elongated club season is unfair on every club player.
every single players actual playing season is now at least 8 months long with teams involved in finals & promotion /relegation playoffs much longer again.
there will always be teams that have an extended season due to being sucessfull, but this shouldnt be the norm for every footballer in the county

at the minute its :

preseason jan-march
playing season april-november
off season (for some) december

repeat for your football career

trileacman

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 09, 2013, 11:47:23 AM

The last time that we lost in the first round when it was played in May/June, 6 of our team left for the states within two weeks. Fact. The other two times we lost in the first round it was August with no one leaving. As a result we made the league semis, and then last year we won our 1st senior league title last year, and that has gave momentum and plyer develoipment to our young players for this year. Fact also

Agreed with that too. Not an issue for the bigger clubs but it's very very difficult to hold a team together when you're out of the championship by June. Boys go on the drink, leave for the states, stop training, start rows, the ass just drops out of the team really. You're left with a small core of dedicated players but those 5-6 lads from who should be fighting for the last few places on the 1st team just f**k off.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: trileacman on October 09, 2013, 11:48:20 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 09, 2013, 11:40:12 AM

You're right but alot of the time that's club driven as well, "we won't field without the very best 15 we can get." The GAA calender is just a clusterfuck.
yes , and this is where clubs need to take some responsibility for this.
every club want their best 15 on the field, and sometimes this will include minor players, but unfortunately this isnt always the case if they are involved with the county squad, and for league games, clubs should be prepared to put up with this.
At the end of the day no club team isnt able to cope with missing a 17/18 year old, i mean what did they do the previous season when this player wasnt playing senior football yet?

when it comes to championship & promotion/relegation playoffs, then clubs are entitled to expect to have a full complement of their players.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 09, 2013, 11:49:56 AM
i agree EC, and its not just unfair on the county champions, i feel to have such a disjointed and elongated club season is unfair on every club player.
every single players actual playing season is now at least 8 months long with teams involved in finals & promotion /relegation playoffs much longer again.
there will always be teams that have an extended season due to being sucessfull, but this shouldnt be the norm for every footballer in the county

at the minute its :

preseason jan-march

Can I ask what is wrong with being involved with football for 9 months of the year. It is a hobby, and I love it.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 09, 2013, 11:47:23 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 09, 2013, 11:36:47 AM

I believe the like of coalisland had players that went to the states this year, they would have missed most of the league, yet were home for the championsip.
The same was the case for harry og conlon for edendork i think.
I mean, its down to players priorities, if your players dont prioritize the league over heading to the states, well then thats their choice, it shouldnt be up to the county board to delay the whole club season for everyone else , just to accommodate this minority of players.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 09, 2013, 11:55:40 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 09, 2013, 11:49:56 AM

at the minute its :

preseason jan-march

Can I ask what is wrong with being involved with football for 9 months of the year. It is a hobby, and I love it.
i agree to an extent, but its the fact that withing those 9 months you have  periods of up to 6/7 weeks of complete in-activity from games , but have no prior notice of this, leaving it impossible to fit in other things.
The level of commitment for even club footballers at every level now is so high, they deserve a fixture schedule that they can try and plan around rather than the ad hoc nature of it currently.

RandyDupree

This wouldn't have been the case if the county board wern't so concerned about the gates and played each round over the one weekend now would it!

Honestly, I get the impression that some on here dont even like the sport, they want the season over and done with as quick as possible. Also seems that it's the spectators that have this early championship ambition whereas the players are quite clearly in favour of a later championship.

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 09, 2013, 11:55:40 AM

This.