Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Finbarr done his cruciate against Clonoe in the league. He is a massive lose. Paul Daly and Peadar McMahon have emigrated which is a shame but every club has that problem. Mickey Gallagher is still playing well. He is only 27 or so. He was an unused substitute against Moy. Monroe coming back is a massive boost. He can play anywhere from corner back to corner forward. He would have played alot of the league at 6 in Gormleys absence.

Wee Roddy

When you look at some of the great club teams in Derry 3 in a row is something else in the present day. Well done to all.

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 08, 2013, 03:17:07 PM
No one has won back to back in Tyrone since 2005. Its a crazy championship

That is what makes it so good and it is healthy that no team dominates.

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 08, 2013, 04:00:38 PM
When you look at some of the great club teams in Derry 3 in a row is something else in the present day. Well done to all.

Derry club football does not seem to be near as good as it was 10-20 years ago.

bigtogs

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 08, 2013, 02:38:15 PM
Perhaps Clonoe may walk it but a team that gets to a county final deserves some respect. I would go as far as to say that its the most dangerous forward line I have seen coming out of Carrickmore. There is frightening pace it it. There was an impressive list of subs who came on last week, add Gaby who had a knock and a returning Johnny Monroe and Paul Hughes and its a strong strong squad

Every single person in Clonoe respects Carrickmore i can rest you assure off that and rightly so...i can also tell you if Carmen where playing anyone else on sunday with oz going for his 7th medal we would be cheering for that too happen as he is a legend of the club game in this county and beyond!!

wheres he takin er from

Perhaps Clonoe may walk it but a team that gets to a county final deserves some respect. I would go as far as to say that its the most dangerous forward line I have seen coming out of Carrickmore. There is frightening pace it it. There was an impressive list of subs who came on last week, add Gaby who had a knock and a returning Johnny Monroe and Paul Hughes and its a strong strong squad

Greatest of respect for Carrickmore as a club generally and as a team this year after the way they beat us in league only a couple of months ago.

Gonna be a hum-dinger. We can't control what others say. A lot of people questioned if we could match Omagh and then errigal. Carrickmore a much finer club and team than either of those.

Either way, would the winner have to surrender the O'neill cup one week later if they lost to that other Tyrone team waiting for them in ulster club??? :D
First on the field and last to leave

EC Unique

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on October 08, 2013, 08:47:37 PM

Greatest of respect for Carrickmore as a club generally and as a team this year after the way they beat us in league only a couple of months ago.

Gonna be a hum-dinger. We can't control what others say. A lot of people questioned if we could match Omagh and then errigal. Carrickmore a much finer club and team than either of those.

Either way, would the winner have to surrender the O'neill cup one week later if they lost to that other Tyrone team waiting for them in ulster club??? :D

Finer club and team! How so?

giveherlong

Quote from: GerryFromDerry on October 08, 2013, 03:58:42 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 08, 2013, 03:16:15 PM
The last time was Carrickmore 77-79. They had a chance to emulate it but lost in a replay in 2006 to Errigal Ciaran. In my opinion that team never recovered from it. It was a massive disappointment as most of them had their medals but had grown up hearing about the 3 in a row teams.
When was the last time it was done in Derry?

Ballinderry '11/'12/'13
Bellaghy  '98/'99/'00
Ballinderry '80/'81/'82

Bellaghy also done in the 60s, not sure which years

Was Damian Cassidy part of the 3 in a row Bellaghy team?

winghalfback

Quote from: EC Unique on October 08, 2013, 09:33:52 PM

Think thats quite simple History dictates that they are.
Think sunday will be a great days football maybe not the purest football but maybe more a war of attrition point in it either way at the end.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: loughshore lad on October 08, 2013, 03:45:18 PM
Quote from: GerryFromDerry on October 08, 2013, 02:51:56 PM
Looking forward to the Tyrone final on Sunday as we will be playing the winners the following Sunday in Ulster. I presume if it finishes a draw extra time will be played.

Looks like Clonoe are warm favourites, but surely Carrickmore will be hungry for this one, not having won it since 2005.

When was the last time a team won 3 in a row Tyrone senior C'ships?

It will have to be ET if its level at the end of normal time due to the Ulster Club being the next week. 

It was the same scenario in 2008 when Clonoe beat Dromore AET and had to play St Eunan's a week later.  In 2011 Dromore had to play Ballinderry a week after winning the county title, when they beat Clonoe in the final. 

I think Clonoe will win next week but it will be a mighty battle with Carmen who are a championship team but regardless of who wins its ludicrous the Tyrone CCC have put the winner in that position and its a massive advantage for Ballinderry.

The fixtures in Tyrone this year have been a complete mess.

People can criticise the county board for not having the leagues finished and I also believe its bizarre to hold up the reserve league and championship due to county football but I think they're in a difficult position when comes to the senior championship.

The clubs voted not to play games back in may and personally I'm not sure it's the right call. I think 2 rounds should be played earlier in the year and it would cut back on the rush now. The fixtures this year also weren't helped by the extended run in the national league and through the backdoor.

A better fixture list needs to be put in place though. The reserve championship and league should continue throughout the summer and be finished much earlier. Better communication also needs to be given allowing managers and players to know where they stand. The leagues could be started a few weeks earlier and one or 2 double rounds played to ensure the season finishes earlier.

clarshack

see sludden has the rahillys carmen gig. thought he was ok last night, though a few urney supporters had turned on him towards the end.

matchfit21

Question for the lads from coalisland and greencastle, with u21 final the next day what are the chances of your clubs fulfulling reserve championship fixtures on Saturday?

EC Unique

Quote from: winghalfback on October 08, 2013, 10:02:59 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 08, 2013, 09:33:52 PM

Think thats quite simple History dictates that they are.
Think sunday will be a great days football maybe not the purest football but maybe more a war of attrition point in it either way at the end.

So how many Ulster Club titles has this great Carrickmore club won.

rrhf

It's county final week and we are stilling talking about errigal. I think Carmen will target clonoes full back line, and will see opportunities to score goals. I also think that clonoe have a different level of preparation behind them and will stretch away during the second half. Clonoe by 6

Wee Roddy

Was Collie Doris sent of this year already? I hope he wasn't because I would hate to see a player miss a final on a double yellow rule especially if he wasn't the aggressor as I believe was the case on Sunday night.

everymanaman

Some relegation and promotion clashes in the league this weekend. Will it be an early season of goodwill with teams being benevolent with points?