Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NDA

Club players want regular games, that is a game every weekend if possible. An odd weekend off for county football isn't an issue. I like playing on friday evenings and even saturday evenings at this time of the year as it means a saturday night out can happen.
But we have had 8 games since the start of the season and then 3 games are fixed within a few days of each other. Is there no one on CCC with any common sense that can plan ahead and formulate a plan before the season begins?
Tyrone county teams regularly get to Qfs and SFs of All Ireland, has to be a plan made which allows club games to be played as well as county teams being successful. If Tyrone reach All Ireland final (and I hope they do) what happens club football?

Norf Tyrone

Radda- There's round 4, and also a round 4 starred.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Radda bout yeee

Oh right - I was thinking it might be that.

Anyone know what the starred round 4 game is in intermediate?

blewuporstuffed

Starred Round 4     
Augher   v   Omagh
Errigal Ciaran   v   Killyclogher
Coalisland   v   An Charraig Mhor
Moy   v   Dromore
Donaghmore   v   Greencastle
Ardboe   v   Cookstown
Derrylaughan   v   Clonoe
Trillick   v   Eglish

Starred Round 4   
Edendork   v   Gortin
Pomeroy   v   Urney
Strabane   v   Clan na nGael
Galbally   v   Moortown
Kildress   v   Eskra
Dungannon   v   Derrytresk
Brackaville   v   Aghyaran
Rock   v   Stewartstown

Starred Round 4   Dregish   v   Drumquin
   Owen Roes   v   Castlederg
   Newtownstewart   v   Glenelly
   Fintona   v   Loughmacrory
   Tattyreagh   v   Errigal Ciaran III
   Drumragh   v   Beragh
   Bye   v   Aghaloo
   Killyman   v   Clogher
   Killeeshil   v   Brockagh
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Trap

I dont know how round 7 can be played next Friday night - I mean Urney travelling to Moortown (2 hrs i would say!), Aghyaran to Galbally, Clan na Gael to Edendork, even Killyclogher to Ardboe and Brackaville to Eskra are right spins!!!

Moortown Spuds

They won't be played if Tyrone win.

Up The Middle

Quote from: The Trap on July 31, 2013, 10:39:27 AM
I dont know how round 7 can be played next Friday night - I mean Urney travelling to Moortown (2 hrs i would say!), Aghyaran to Galbally, Clan na Gael to Edendork, even Killyclogher to Ardboe and Brackaville to Eskra are right spins!!!

Of course they can be played, because the county board dont give a flying f**k about club players or the fact that they have jobs and may struggle to get to games on a Friday evening.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 01, 2013, 07:54:59 AM
i dont think they will be played as fixed either way.
i cant see harte allowing the county players to take part in a double weekend of club fixtures if tyrone are building up to an allireland semi final.
if tyrone are beaten, i think they will probably play a round of league fixtures and then the championship.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 01, 2013, 11:58:28 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 01, 2013, 07:54:59 AM
i dont think they will be played as fixed either way.
i cant see harte allowing the county players to take part in a double weekend of club fixtures if tyrone are building up to an allireland semi final.if tyrone are beaten, i think they will probably play a round of league fixtures and then the championship.

Of course not and why would he?

blewuporstuffed

i'm not saying he should, but why publish a set of fixtures that have next to no chance of going ahead?

NDA

Mickey Harte would be right to object to a double round of fixtures and so would clubs. 2 games in 3 days will result in injuries. CCC have no idea about football and don't care about players at any level. If Tyrone beat Monaghan fixtures will be a disaster, surely CCC should have been proactive and planned for this at start of year. Absolute joke.

MCO

Comical outburst by Brolly this evening against Tyrone and Sean Cavanagh in particular. He lost it completely, out of touch totally with the sport he is meant to be an expert on  :o

clarshack

so where does this leave us in relation to next weekend?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: clarshack on August 03, 2013, 08:58:42 PM

I see tyronegaa website have the fri fixture down but sun fixture is still on.

MCO

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 04, 2013, 03:02:37 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 03, 2013, 08:58:42 PM

I see tyronegaa website have the fri fixture down but sun fixture is still on.
Common sense prevails ;)