Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 07, 2012, 07:40:40 PM
Congrats to Errigal but where do the celebrations take place?  Tiffys, Kellys Inn?  Where is there local like for these things?
Kellys Inn are the sponsor so they would get the first rattle, Tiffy would be too busy with the St Galls lads.

LeoMc

Thought the 2 McGinleys were immense today, though some of Wards kick outs were making Endas job easier, 2 or 3 straight to him standing in space gave Errigal a platform at midfield in the second half.
Montague, Sludden and McCusker were well marshalled whilst McRory and Canavan got a lot more space at the other end. Daisy was unlucky for the goal chance, Fabian O'Neill took one for the team there.

Over the Bar

QuoteDelighted errigal won. Not an errigal fan but thankfully the horribleness dromore bring to our game wasn't rewarded. Mccarron and o'neill acting like thugs and the usual 'in your face' mentality thankfully went against them. The fact that last years county champions wouldn't even stay on the pitch for presentation shows the character of the men your dealing with.

The Dromore players stayed on the pitch during the presentation and the Errigal team and players gave them a round of applause.

QuoteI predict the winning scoreline, howsoever arrive at, as:

Errigal      13pts
Dromore  10pts

Not a bad effort.  Maybe I should take up GAA scorecast betting!!  ;D

LeoMc

Errigals first title without Peter?

Over the Bar

QuoteErrigals first title without Peter?

Peter Harte def played.

scout

well done to errigal on a much deserved win yesterday. but seeing they play in 2 weekends time, will this delay another round of league fixtures again? we'll finish in december if we're lucky maybe!

Tommo2

Quote from: scout on October 08, 2012, 08:33:00 AM
well done to errigal on a much deserved win yesterday. but seeing they play in 2 weekends time, will this delay another round of league fixtures again? we'll finish in december if we're lucky maybe!

I suspect that the league games will be played and Errigal will put out a reserve team. Remember Ronan McGuckin has a lot of relatives in Edendork!!

EC Unique

Quote from: midnightcaller on October 07, 2012, 06:40:58 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 07, 2012, 06:22:31 PM
I am a happy happy man. Errigal back where we belong. Now for a night of celebration and then an assault on the Ulster club.... ;D

It's going to be a long night.#TOWIE.

Congrats to Errigal!! Ran out convincing winners in the end up!

''Errigal back were we belong''. That is a bit disrespectful to other clubs. County Championships are hard to win. Nobody belongs at the top every year!

No offence meant. We in Errigal just thought it was a long 6 years.

Up The Middle

Congratulations to Errigal deserving winners, wouldnt have been too many tipping them at the start of the year (apart from EC Unique)

Dromore let themselves down a bagful near the end, Sean Oneill and Mcarron should know better, as for their management sure thats been going on from McGinns time.

Does make you wonder though about wee Peters management skills though, as he couldnt win a championship game with the same group. Errigal got back to what they do well this year and thats playing football, they had more of a cynical edge too them under Canavan and it didnt suit them.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

orangeman

Well done Errigal. Great win for them esepcially after Dromore being 5-2 down to go 7-5 up.

Errigal rallied at this stage to end up winning 13-8 which was a huge turnaround and ran away with it near the end.

The famed Dromore hunger was simply missing this year.

EC Unique

Wee Peter DID win a championship game.. Check the facts. He also won 2 league titles. A lot of what you see from the young Errigal team this year is a result of the hard work he put into the them. The team and the current management would be the first to admit it.

blackball

some tea and orange juice drank around ballygawley last night!!

parttimeexile

Quote from: blackball on October 08, 2012, 10:02:29 AM
some tea and orange juice drank around ballygawley last night!!
;D Them Errigal lads are known for the mad party nights alright...Decaf for all!

EC Unique

Quote from: EC Unique on September 23, 2012, 10:23:04 AM
Quote from: rrhf on September 11, 2012, 10:38:42 PM
Theres two championship potential teams left in the championship and sorry EC Errigal aint one of them.  Remember Peter is still retired.
Is big Oz back for the final?

Dromore's to loose now then?

Well?

Moortown Spuds

There's something likeable about Errigal and always has been. I mind in '93 going to the Athletic Grounds to cheer them on in what I think was an Ulster Final against Downpatrick?

Why are they likeable compared to the other big successul sides?