Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

You never know-they may get all their supporters into the main part of the stand and make some noise. This may then spur on the men from the county town to deliver a performance that many observers think is beyond them

rrhf

i dont think it works like that with Clonoe though

winghalfback

Quote from: everymanaman on August 18, 2012, 01:08:06 PM
You never know-they may get all their supporters into the main part of the stand and make some noise. This may then spur on the men from the county town to deliver a performance that many observers think is beyond them
Are you wise, Clonoe won't care who is watching the match or where they are standing. This is the plumb tie of the round it wont be a shock whoever wins, although I do feel that the team with the more aggressive style will win this tie as both teams would be evenly match in a lot of sectors, previous games have been close in the league but this will count for nothing in the championship. I am tipping Clonoe because if they get in front by 4 or 5 points they will hold onto the lead and have the steel in their guts to see it out, tradition tell us this. Omagh on the other hand wont like it to physical even with all their big men and when the going gets tough they will fold, like previous years. I think the other games will result in easy wins for a much fancied Dromore team Errigal and maybe Derrylaughan might just edge what could be a brilliant game between them and Edendork.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: everymanaman on August 18, 2012, 09:50:15 AM
Omagh win the first battle with Clonoe-the troops are being rallied.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/omaghstendas

Darn that. Maybe we should do without even turning up tomorrow.

Was told by an Omagh man few days ago that Omagh would do very well in ulster and all Ireland series if they could get out of Tyrone.

Now they're wearing white it seems it's all over. Cross must be trembling
First on the field and last to leave

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: scout on August 18, 2012, 11:15:34 AM
Quote from: matchfit on August 18, 2012, 03:57:03 AM
Afterwards. Another greedy derry mercenary.

i think maybe a bit much is expected when these weaker teams employ some of these managers, some team just dont have the players, simple as that!

I agree with you in a way but I think your just taking a chance to have a cheap dig at the Tones. Kildress found it tough to find a manager this year as the majority seems to be in it for the pounds these days. However I do think they did foolishly employ someone with little experience and it back fired. Obviously we are one of the weaker teams of the division but if IMO if Horse Devlin had of stayed with us this year we would be if not out of relegation danger , very nearly out of it and possibly in the next round of the championship. You may question why I believe this but its because of the style of management. The games I am convinced we would of picked up points in are:
Derrylaughan
Trillick
Killyclogher
Weakend Carmen
Donaghmore
Possibly Edendork
Possibly Ardboe
Obviously its hindsight but I think it could have been a successful enough season with relegation avoided.

PS He should have been let go after the Greencastle performance!
Rant Over!

Puckoon

Quote from: rrhf on August 18, 2012, 11:21:40 AM
Regarding that Omagh statement on facebook. I would question its wisdom, Clonoe will beat Omagh I think anyway, but if there are people close to the core who are thinking winning a toss of a coin is winning any part of this fight, I would worry on where their focus is.

In turn I'd question yours. It's hardly more than a tongue in cheek observation, no doubt written by someone far removed from the mindset of the management and players.

Club Facebook page post does not equate to preparation and focus of senior squad.

everymanaman

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on August 18, 2012, 05:39:14 PM
Quote from: everymanaman on August 18, 2012, 09:50:15 AM
Omagh win the first battle with Clonoe-the troops are being rallied.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/omaghstendas

Darn that. Maybe we should do without even turning up tomorrow.

Was told by an Omagh man few days ago that Omagh would do very well in ulster and all Ireland series if they could get out of Tyrone.

Now they're wearing white it seems it's all over. Cross must be trembling

One wit has suggested that although they have the white jerseys they also include the virtual yellow streak up the back

rrhf

Quote from: Puckoon on August 18, 2012, 06:13:48 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 18, 2012, 11:21:40 AM
Regarding that Omagh statement on facebook. I would question its wisdom, Clonoe will beat Omagh I think anyway, but if there are people close to the core who are thinking winning a toss of a coin is winning any part of this fight, I would worry on where their focus is.

In turn I'd question yours. It's hardly more than a tongue in cheek observation, no doubt written by someone far removed from the mindset of the management and players.

Club Facebook page post does not equate to preparation and focus of senior squad.
Very true however we are talking about a club who just 2 years ago celebrated a drawn game v Carmen as a win and were subsequently  taken to the cleaners in the replay.  You are right though it's probably not official. 

EC Unique

Handy enough win for Errigal last night. Pulled away well in the second half. Anybody know what happened the moortown lad who was injured at half time?

Radda bout yeee

Sounds like it was some game in dumoyle from the team talk updates. Omagh might regret not taking the opportunity to dispose of clonoe this time out. Mcalliskey must have been good - wonder he's not in the Tyrone set up yet?

Hashtag

Conal Grugan was the star of today I thought. Had a massive game. Joe McMahon missed a free at the end to win it. Omagh have some panel of players even without Ronan O'Neill. Very enjoyable game. McAiskey had great first half but Omagh got well on top of him in second.  He mostly kicked from frees thereafter.

Dell

Forgot about O'Neill being missing. Grugan was v.impressive as was Barry tierney, Clarke terrible.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

The Beard

Only winner from today's game was the bookies in clonoe......few of there players lost abit on today's result from what I hear :)

scout

Quote from: EC Unique on August 19, 2012, 02:06:42 PM
Handy enough win for Errigal last night. Pulled away well in the second half. Anybody know what happened the moortown lad who was injured at half time?

yh pulled away as expected in the final third, still dont think there up there with the top teams though.he got concussed reportedly, had to spend the night over in hospital i heard
no real hammerings in any of the senior games, which was a good thing. well dromore could still..

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 19, 2012, 04:58:34 PM
Sounds like it was some game in dumoyle from the team talk updates. Omagh might regret not taking the opportunity to dispose of clonoe this time out. Mcalliskey must have been good - wonder he's not in the Tyrone set up yet?

Hope to god they've missed their chance. Really should've taken one of those three chances at the end to bury us. Second half with 14 men against the breeze, even if it was only light was an uphill task. Not sure what happened for the sending off but the first yellow big O picked up was foolish.

On another point it was some compliment to our players that a man of Justin McMahon ability came on with obvious instructions to spoil our play instead of trying to influence the game himself.
First on the field and last to leave