Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

You are like a breath of fresh air on here.

wheres he takin er from

Coaisland 0-12 1-07 Clonoe tonight. Score line probably does clonoe a bit of a favour. Poor display but fianna were very good :(
First on the field and last to leave

Norf Tyrone

Clann Na nGael bt Urney tonight which seals Killeeshil's relegation.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

EC Unique

Easy enough win for Errigal in Killyclogher tonight.  :)

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

matchfit

??? Why didn't edendork travel to dromore last nite? Instead chose to conceed the game? A senior club? Current minor county champions? Has diesel got that expensive?!

mick999

Quote from: matchfit on August 05, 2012, 10:09:09 AM
??? Why didn't edendork travel to dromore last nite? Instead chose to conceed the game? A senior club? Current minor county champions? Has diesel got that expensive?!
[/quote

stag night

clarshack

Quote from: mick999 on August 05, 2012, 05:20:55 PM
Quote from: matchfit on August 05, 2012, 10:09:09 AM
[/quote

stag night

killeeshil had 2 weddings and still fielded against gortin. took a very bad beating but at least they didnt take the cowards way out.

matchfit

Well said clarshack, proud club.

rrhf

I think we must look at the way things have been developing in Club football. The good relationship between county managers particulalry at youth levels in football is being tested by over ambitious training plans and not allowing lads to develop into senior footballers with their clubs.  We have too many unwritten rules about playing and that needs straightened out.  What was tried this year has been unsuccessful, and hopefully not too expensive because it did appear that county senior type considerations were being put into the minor squad. I think at County Senior level we must go back to lads who have been seasoned by the knocks and learning curve of less pressurised club football.  Picking our squads we need to move away from the type of generic in-house-game footballer otherwise we as a county will decline further.  So in short what happened this year didnt work, can we get the 18 year olds some football now.  I would pick the case of the Raymie Mulgrews and Peter Donnellys as examples of exceptional talents but were players who did not benefit from 3 or 4 years of in house games.  And theres many more like them.  At least the senior management have the starred game system in place.  This looks to have been abused all year elswhere.  It needs dealt with.   

winghalfun

Just looking at the amount of Div 2 Reserve games conceded this week. 4 out of 7 matches. Is this just a one off or is there a real problem for clubs fielding teams at this level?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: winghalfun on August 06, 2012, 12:39:50 PM
Just looking at the amount of Div 2 Reserve games conceded this week. 4 out of 7 matches. Is this just a one off or is there a real problem for clubs fielding teams at this level?

I would say its probably more to do with holiday season.  A lot of people away / still on holidays at the moment.  That coupled with injuries that are no doubt picked up at this time of the year puts a strain on the senior panels of clubs meaning they have to dip more into the reserve team / squad.

Also, emigration 8)

LeoMc

I thought Coalisland would have been a shorter price than that with their results so far.

EC Unique

Would have Coalisland and Dromore ahead of Carmen.

Club Rossa

Obviously Ladbrokes have yet to see us in action this year ;D