Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barelegs

Carrickmore 3-4 Dromore 3-4 according to the county board website

bigfrank

Friend texted me this morning saying that it was fixed for a draw..could be the case! With tyrone playin in croker next sunday will there be club games on?? maybe starred games on fri or sat evening?

EC Unique

Heard myself that there was a fix on the cards but did not think either club would be childish enough to go through with it! ::)

matchfit

Where did carmen get the minor team outta?

Nally Stand

Quote from: EC Unique on April 22, 2012, 08:40:55 PM
Heard myself that there was a fix on the cards but did not think either club would be childish enough to go through with it! ::)

What some would call childish, others would call not allowing themselves to be used. If the money was to go to charity as was supposed to be the case, there would have been no complaints.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

bigtogs

Quote from: Hospital Road on April 22, 2012, 09:17:17 PM
saddened but not surprised by by carrickmore and dromore throwing rattles out their prams. county board should look into both clubs bringing the game into disrepute.

for what reason?? if you dont mind me asking?

rrhf

MCO

Totally bemused with the Carrickmore-Dromore situation.
Whether the money went to charity or indeed to the Garvaghy Project, of what concern is it to either club. Their penatly from last years league final was that the game would be played at a neutral venue with the forfeit of any gate funds to be expected as is the normal case in such a scenario.

Why would either club want to take such an extreme course of action as fixing the game and in turn slightly damage the integrity of the ACL which in recent years has developed into a highly competitive competition. I suppose one could argue that their involvement in the competition is null and void based on their ban from the knock out stages but why play any games in that case and regardless of the knockout stages would Dromore not wish to beat Carrickmore and vice versa in 2012?

Extremely dissapointed with this development and trust that a complaint of greater substance existed that led to such a pact.

Nally Stand

The county board said the gate money was to go to charity. Both clubs were happy with this. The decision to use the money for the garvaghy project is simply using the clubs for self-serving opportunism.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

bigtogs

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 22, 2012, 10:17:54 PM
The county board said the gate money was to go to charity. Both clubs were happy with this. The decision to use the money for the garvaghy project is simply using the clubs for self-serving opportunism.

Surely a club can play who they want in any game.............as long as they are registered..

loughshore lad

Quote from: hardstation on April 22, 2012, 10:32:46 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 22, 2012, 10:17:54 PM
Have to agree with this. A cuntish move by county board. They said it was going to charity and then creamed it off for themselves. Fair play to Carmen & Dromore for this. County board - hang your heads, you shameful shower of hoors.

+ 1

Carmen Stateside

So garvaghy project is a charity now? Fair play to both teams!

MR99

Fair play to both clubs, county board got what they deserve with their greed.  It was a great opportunity to turn bad into good by giving the gate to charity like the Cormac Trust or the Paul McGirr fund, great reaction by both clubs and their supporters.

And MCO, I think the integrity of the ACL was gone in the original decision in stopping these 2 teams win it, it will be a shallow trophy for any other team this year.  I can picture both teams throwing league games coming closer to the champinship too, once they have enough points to stay safe.

EC Unique

Quote from: MR99 on April 22, 2012, 10:51:28 PM
Fair play to both clubs, county board got what they deserve with their greed.  It was a great opportunity to turn bad into good by giving the gate to charity like the Cormac Trust or the Paul McGirr fund, great reaction by both clubs and their supporters.

And MCO, I think the integrity of the ACL was gone in the original decision in stopping these 2 teams win it, it will be a shallow trophy for any other team this year.  I can picture both teams throwing league games coming closer to the champinship too, once they have enough points to stay safe.

Throwing games against each other is not so bad but throwing games against other teams would be bad Craic as it would effect the survival of other teams.

By the way, you would think the garvaghy project was some sort of evil scheme for the county board members to line their pockets, it is for the benefit of all of us in the county. Some people are so small minded.

blewuporstuffed

whats the story with next weeks fixtures?
no games at all ?or fri/sat night ?or mid week next week ?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either