Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyronehead

My point is Tyrone championship is so competitive and hardest to win once it is won it has proven very difficult at Ulster level , with Dromore having been so dominant in recent years I feel they will go far in Ulster.Derry club titles are easier won and as a result quality sides like the Loup and Ballinderry sides of the early 2000s have done well in Ulster.But yes Derry titles are easiest in Ulster to win.Derry has a very small senior football playing population and actually over achieves but facts is Derry Co titles are easy to win comparred to other counties.

eddie d

Quote from: tyronehead on October 26, 2011, 05:22:52 PM
My point is Tyrone championship is so competitive and hardest to win once it is won it has proven very difficult at Ulster level , with Dromore having been so dominant in recent years I feel they will go far in Ulster.Derry club titles are easier won and as a result quality sides like the Loup and Ballinderry sides of the early 2000s have done well in Ulster.But yes Derry titles are easiest in Ulster to win.Derry has a very small senior football playing population and actually over achieves but facts is Derry Co titles are easy to win comparred to other counties.

but its not the easiest, 6 different teams have won it in the last 8 years,with most of them reaching the ulster final, 

bderryman

Quote from: eddie d on October 26, 2011, 05:40:03 PM

but its not the easiest, 6 different teams have won it in the last 8 years,with most of them reaching the ulster final,
that man hasnt a clue what hes on about.tyrone club football is very poor,take in the size aff the rwo parishs playing on sunday,we have 280 homes,wats in dromore,around 600!!

The Bog Savage

Quote from: tyronehead on October 26, 2011, 02:56:22 PM
Onto Sunday I think Dromore will win by 4 or more.Ballinderry are a limited side , full back Mc guckin is wide open to be taken apart and a good man marking job on Gilligan will sort him , up close and personal.
Derry is such an easy championship to win really as there is only about 3 or 4 teams if in Tyrone would be Division1.
Ballinderry yes got an All ireland but really overall the standard they are playing week in week out is pretty dismal so Dromore to go on and hopefully get an Ulster.
What a foolish man!
Having watched football in both counties over the past 30 years one team i would not underestimate is the derry champions regardless of who they are !
In tyrone i think we have managed two ulster tittles in all the years of the competition by errigal.
Dromore are capable of winning but would need to be bringing thier total A game as B derry have excellent players in every dept.
Prediction Bderry by 1

everymanaman

Quote from: bderryman on October 26, 2011, 06:11:02 PM

that man hasnt a clue what hes on about.tyrone club football is very poor,take in the size aff the rwo parishs playing on sunday,we have 280 homes,wats in dromore,around 600!!
A lot of things get lost in the translation and many's a juxtaposition confuses a man. Just like your good self- a Ballinderry man who lists Tyrone as his county. ;D

Watch the Break

Are you serious Tyronehead - it's a well known fact that Derry club football is far superior to that in Tyrone.  Despite that Dromore should go close this weekend.  McIvor will have his homework done on Ballinderry.

bderryman

Quote from: Watch the Break on October 26, 2011, 07:45:23 PM

Are you serious Tyronehead - it's a well known fact that Derry club football is far superior to that in Tyrone.  Despite that Dromore should go close this weekend.  McIvor will have his homework done on Ballinderry.
paul is a gent,hard week for him,but cant see him plotting our down fall,bloods thicker and all that

The Bog Savage

Quote from: everymanaman on October 26, 2011, 07:40:11 PM
Quote from: bderryman on October 26, 2011, 06:11:02 PM

A lot of things get lost in the translation and many's a juxtaposition confuses a man. Just like your good self- a Ballinderry man who lists Tyrone as his county. ;D
Sorry def not a Balinderry man Born and Bred in Tyrone my friend .

winghalfback

Quote from: Up The Middle on October 26, 2011, 04:51:25 PM
Onto Sunday I think Dromore will win by 4 or more.Ballinderry are a limited side , full back Mc guckin is wide open to be taken apart and a good man marking job on Gilligan will sort him , up close and personal.Derry is such an easy championship to win really as there is only about 3 or 4 teams if in Tyrone would be Division1.
Ballinderry yes got an All ireland but really overall the standard they are playing week in week out is pretty dismal so Dromore to go on and hopefully get an Ulster.

Ballinderry would be safer not turnin up, why dont we just award the Ulster title too Dromore now. No word of Muldoon or Wilkinson, nor your own full back who was ripped to shreds by a 17 year old last Sunday :o

Not many men would have handled that 17 year old last Sunday. Ps as a clonoe man saying this mc carron is probably the best full back in tyrone club football!

bustsummoves

Quote from: winghalfback on October 27, 2011, 12:39:59 AM
Quote from: Up The Middle on October 26, 2011, 04:51:25 PM
Onto Sunday I think Dromore will win by 4 or more.Ballinderry are a limited side , full back Mc guckin is wide open to be taken apart and a good man marking job on Gilligan will sort him , up close and personal.Derry is such an easy championship to win really as there is only about 3 or 4 teams if in Tyrone would be Division1.

Ballinderry would be safer not turnin up, why dont we just award the Ulster title too Dromore now. No word of Muldoon or Wilkinson, nor your own full back who was ripped to shreds by a 17 year old last Sunday :o

Not many men would have handled that 17 year old last Sunday. Ps as a clonoe man saying this mc carron is probably the best full back in tyrone club football!

people saying here that Dromore is going to beat ballinderry easy would need to catch themselfs on. Ballinderrry are one of the great teams and still are. Going to be a massive game, Dromore themselfs are no longer the virgin boys of Ulster and if they belive they are good enough they can beat ballinderry but maybe by a point or 2. Both sets of teams have quality players and shouls make for a great game.

McCarron had a fantasic championship seen all his games. Fast , comanding , very composed on the ball. I agree the best full back in Tyrone. Him and Ricey run that bacline

LeoMc

Onto Sunday I think Dromore will win by 4 or more.Ballinderry are a limited side , full back Mc guckin is wide open to be taken apart and a good man marking job on Gilligan will sort him , up close and personal.
Derry is such an easy championship to win really as there is only about 3 or 4 teams if in Tyrone would be Division1.

Is this the beta version of Snippets?

tyronehead

Ardboe men all strangely bluffed by their bosses in Derry and always first to rally round them , I'd wouldn't  be surprised that they are supporting  Ballinderry against their fellow county men !!
I'd also wonder how much money is paid to managers from that area , they all seem to be on the gravy train there ??!!!!!!!
Someone could work it out and add up the money being spent on experts from that area , from colleges to clubs etcc , go on someone do the sums ....
Manager A gets x a week
Manager B gets 2X ...

The Bog Savage

Quote from: tyronehead on October 27, 2011, 07:36:28 PM
Ardboe men all strangely bluffed by their bosses in Derry and always first to rally round them , I'd wouldn't  be surprised that they are supporting  Ballinderry against their fellow county men !!
I'd also wonder how much money is paid to managers from that area , they all seem to be on the gravy train there ??!!!!!!!
Someone could work it out and add up the money being spent on experts from that area , from colleges to clubs etcc , go on someone do the sums ....
Manager A gets x a week
Manager B gets 2X ...

Go to bed son , schooltime comes early.

EC Unique

I would expect Ballinderry's Ulster Championship' experience and superior footballing ability will carry them over the line on Sunday. Takes an extra bit or class to win the Ulster Championship.

Man Marker

Quote from: EC Unique on October 28, 2011, 10:02:34 PM
I would expect Ballinderry's Ulster Championship' experience and superior footballing ability will carry them over the line on Sunday. Takes an extra bit or class to win the Ulster Championship.

the sarcasm, only you had a Glencull man called Peter Canavan, you wouldn't have won it either, simple as, put him in the Dromore side or Carrickmore side that played you at that time and they would have won it.