Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bustsummoves

Snippets you are really taking the piss now. Name the players from Omagh that are better than the players playing for the likes of Dromore , Clonoe , Carmen. Omagh havent won a senior champ since when??? Reason being is they are just not good enough. Dromore, clonoe and carmen are all latest winners and have more fight and craft than omagh will ever have.
FACT

Club Rossa

Can remember Carmen losing to Cargin,St Galls and Mayobridge,hardly unknown teams.

Radda bout yeee

I think people are taking snippets up wrong here and I can see where he's coming from! I think.
For a Tyrone club to do well in an ulster club may take a different type of team and all he's doing is putting his case forward for Omagh. Their dominance of Youth football over the last 5/6 years should now be reflecting at senior if they are not suffering townitis (see cookstown for symptoms). From what I saw in Pomeroy on Saturday Omagh look like a nice footballing side as opposed to the other sides I have saw! Carmen, Clonoe, Dromore!

Club Rossa

It's hard to say how Omagh would fare in Ulster.They have done well at minor and u21 in the last couple of years,but the likes of Ballinderry,Cross,Cavan Gaels,St Galls and Burren will be challenging,all serious teams.And they do have to win the Tyrone cship first!!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 27, 2011, 05:16:57 PM
It's hard to say how Omagh would fare in Ulster.They have done well at minor and u21 in the last couple of years,but the likes of Ballinderry,Cross,Cavan Gaels,St Galls and Burren will be challenging,all serious teams.And they do have to win the Tyrone cship first!!

Fair comment!

downatthemidda

your a muppet snippets.no disrespect to the barrys,but if you think they are one of the top 4 teams in tyrone,u havnt a clue. also,it has been 23 years since omagh had balls,and i dont expect them to grow any soon. remember "done" carmen at pomeroy in last years semi???? talk of omagh in the ulster club is laughable,dromore will beat omagh. the only way omagh will win anything at senior level will be in a committee room,they are experts at appeals. nice boys win fk all,as u will find out.

Club Rossa

I think Carmen have proved plenty on the field over the last few years.They were favourites for the cship this year as they were top of the league and only lost 1 game.They were also in the county final last year so it's not unreasonable to suggest they would be amongst the frontrunners.
Errigal aside,Tyrone clubs have struggled in Ulster with only 3 other teams making an Ulster final.How can you rubbish Carmen's record in Ulster yet tip Omagh for big things when Omagh have only ever won 1 game in the Ulster club series?

There weren't too many good Tyrone men around Omagh in 1998 when your club sent a good luck fax to St. Johns before we played them in the first round of the Ulster club.

snippets

Who says Im an Omagh girl, Im a fan of what they are doing up there, but am happy as long as a good football team wins the O Neill Cup.  I withdraw some of the quips if Ive went over the top.   
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

aChairde

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 28, 2011, 09:23:37 AM
I think Carmen have proved plenty on the field over the last few years.They were favourites for the cship this year as they were top of the league and only lost 1 game.They were also in the county final last year so it's not unreasonable to suggest they would be amongst the frontrunners.
Errigal aside,Tyrone clubs have struggled in Ulster with only 3 other teams making an Ulster final.How can you rubbish Carmen's record in Ulster yet tip Omagh for big things when Omagh have only ever won 1 game in the Ulster club series?

There weren't too many good Tyrone men around Omagh in 1998 when your club sent a good luck fax to St. Johns before we played them in the first round of the Ulster club.

Agree strongly Rossa and to add - how does a club doing well in the Ulster series benefit the County team in any way? St Galls and Ballinderry have both been very strong in the Ulster club competition and that has not led to success for either Antrim or Derry!

bustsummoves

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 27, 2011, 05:05:04 PM
I think people are taking snippets up wrong here and I can see where he's coming from! I think.
For a Tyrone club to do well in an ulster club may take a different type of team and all he's doing is putting his case forward for Omagh. Their dominance of Youth football over the last 5/6 years should now be reflecting at senior if they are not suffering townitis (see cookstown for symptoms). From what I saw in Pomeroy on Saturday Omagh look like a nice footballing side as opposed to the other sides I have saw! Carmen, Clonoe, Dromore!

The only reason why omagh looked so good on saturday was that, coaisland were very poor. Pale shadow of the team that won the champ last year. They were let play football with very loose defending in the defence. Dromore's defence is a differnt story though. Do Omagh have the forwards to really trouble them?

I dont think so!

And if Dromore play the football they are capable of they are twice the footballing side than Omagh, as we have found out twice

downatthemidda

so wat club do u represent snippets? or are u too embaressed to say? by the way, "done" carmen destroyed omagh in the league this year,at omagh. the game was done and dusted  after 20 minutes. i agree with you club rossa,achairde and bestsummoves. as for your "loughgiel b" comment,i think even u realise the tripe that u were talkin. wat has carmen done to you, apart from defeating omagh relentlessly this past 10 years.?

fairplay11

Snippet, Omagh are due to play an average Dromore team but his average Dromore team will have the steel to cut out Ronan O'Neill and Conan Grugan, something Coalisland didn't possess on Saturday. I do think Clonoe will win the championship hands down. Men like Shane O'Hagan will get better an McNulty is probably the best midfielder in the county. Brady and Burke could handle that Omagh forward line the same way Carrickmore did last year. Omagh Clonoe final and you can take that to the bank. Story is where to from here for Carmen and Ardboe? Frank McGuigan, John McConville are on their way out, along side Gavin Wylie and Ciaran Campbell. Frank had a great year and will probably bow out as a good footballer. Gavin Teague is quality and too is Matthew Brady. Shay McGuigan doesn't possess what Brian or Tommy had at their age so I predict an average division 1 team and mid table from here on in. Carmen should have beat Clonoe the 1st day only Caolan Daly retired injured. He is their main forward at present as Mark Donnellys Tyrone career probably destroyed his club year. Big Oz and Gaby McCallan will call it a day.Colm McGurk, Ciaran McAleer and Paul Daly have been street above the rest this year and if the retire I aslo except Carmen to be midtable as they don't have the men in the forward line. If Omagh win the championship I will eat my hat. ;)

winghalfback

Quote from: fairplay11 on September 28, 2011, 07:30:36 PM
Snippet, Omagh are due to play an average Dromore team but his average Dromore team will have the steel to cut out Ronan O'Neill and Conan Grugan, something Coalisland didn't possess on Saturday. I do think Clonoe will win the championship hands down. Men like Shane O'Hagan will get better an McNulty is probably the best midfielder in the county. Brady and Burke could handle that Omagh forward line the same way Carrickmore did last year. Omagh Clonoe final and you can take that to the bank. Story is where to from here for Carmen and Ardboe? Frank McGuigan, John McConville are on their way out, along side Gavin Wylie and Ciaran Campbell. Frank had a great year and will probably bow out as a good footballer. Gavin Teague is quality and too is Matthew Brady. Shay McGuigan doesn't possess what Brian or Tommy had at their age so I predict an average division 1 team and mid table from here on in. Carmen should have beat Clonoe the 1st day only Caolan Daly retired injured. He is their main forward at present as Mark Donnellys Tyrone career probably destroyed his club year. Big Oz and Gaby McCallan will call it a day.Colm McGurk, Ciaran McAleer and Paul Daly have been street above the rest this year and if the retire I aslo except Carmen to be midtable as they don't have the men in the forward line. If Omagh win the championship I will eat my hat. ;)

Thats some pile of predictions nostadamus hope your right on some of them

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: fairplay11 on September 28, 2011, 07:30:36 PM

Beavis has been our best forward this Year, whilst Big John is only returning from a year-long injury.

Ginger Wylie is a good friend of mine, but it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to tell you that his days are numbered. Gives the ball away as if he's an English Soccer Midfielder.

Ardboe's problem has always been that the number one priority in the Village is the Drink. Look at Horse, once Mickey Harte dropped him from Tyrone he gave up altogether (I personally blame him responsible for our Championship exit against Cookstown back in 2007).

We're gonna have to take at least 5 Years to rebuild.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Put A Name On Er

Any word on dates and venues for semi's??