Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomtask

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 10, 2011, 12:24:12 AM
Quote from: ONeill on September 10, 2011, 12:18:44 AM
All the same, if Ardboe did play a bit on the side of codology, isn't it great to see a team match Dromore who are the kings of skulduggery and the dark arts.
There's at least a couple of clubs who are definitely worse - Dromore's reputation comes from on the field (off the field they're OK) but even then there's quite a few clubs in Tyrone who would be easily enough up on Dromore's level.

Who would that be then  ???

clarshack

delighted with our win tonight considering we were 1-1 to 0-0 down after only a few minutes. can't believe the augher management kept cassidy in full forward for as long as they did. we missed a couple of goal chances early in the 2nd half that would have killed augher off but we let them back in it. augher though dropped the heads when their no.11 was sent off and they never scored after it. from where i was sitting in the stand the debated point looked a good point to me, but sure the game was up at that stage  ;D

thought the ardboe v dromore game was just an impossible game to referee. i thought cathal o'hagan tried his best in difficult circumstances.

gethimaf

All the same, if Ardboe did play a bit on the side of codology, isn't it great to see a team match Dromore who are the kings of skulduggery and the dark arts.
There's at least a couple of clubs who are definitely worse - Dromore's reputation comes from on the field (off the field they're OK) but even then there's quite a few clubs in Tyrone who would be easily enough up on Dromore's level that way if not even worse.
[/b]

Who would that be? I personally think Dromore are the worst, there not a hard physical team like carrickmore, more a sly dirty team. Players like ricey, fabian oneill etc. In saying that ardboe are no saints either. If i was pushed to say who was second to dromore maybe kildress.

clarshack

did anyone else see ricey grab big john mcconville twice by the throat in full view of the linesman? fair play to him for being able to reach up that high but in all seriousness there's men lined in the championship for sweet fcuk all compared to that  ???

Aaron Boone

Fantastic to see great discussion around an intriguing Q-F.

Yes Collie McCullagh is proof of class is permanent, I can't forget his contribution in the demolition of the Dubs in 2008 AIQF.

The Kildare-Tyrone NFL2 game this year in Dungannon showed a 2nd modern (and floodlit) venue was needed in the east of Tyrone.  Dungannon GFC and the county board in general weren't ready for the main pitch being out of action. Healy Park is top-notch GAA ground but it's an unfair 40-odd miles from Moortown/Ardboe for a replay? 

Aaron Boone

I don't agree with that observation.

randomtask

Quote from: gethimaf on September 10, 2011, 12:59:45 AM
There's at least a couple of clubs who are definitely worse - Dromore's reputation comes from on the field (off the field they're OK) but even then there's quite a few clubs in Tyrone who would be easily enough up on Dromore's level that way if not even worse.
[/b]

Who would that be? I personally think Dromore are the worst, there not a hard physical team like carrickmore, more a sly dirty team. Players like ricey, fabian oneill etc. In saying that ardboe are no saints either. If i was pushed to say who was second to dromore maybe kildress.

can open, worms everywhere

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: randomtask on September 10, 2011, 02:38:42 AM
Quote from: gethimaf on September 10, 2011, 12:59:45 AM
[/b]

can open, worms everywhere

lets all act offended in case he might be on about our clubs
First on the field and last to leave

Club Rossa

Ardboe are getting stick for cynical fouling and that's fair enough but people must realise that they have been hearing from everyone since the 09 final that they should have stopped Dromore from working their way up the field for the penalty in that final.
So while it's not easy on the eye,it's understandable that they were doing that.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 10, 2011, 10:34:43 AM
Ardboe are getting stick for cynical fouling and that's fair enough but people must realise that they have been hearing from everyone since the 09 final that they should have stopped Dromore from working their way up the field for the penalty in that final.
So while it's not easy on the eye,it's understandable that they were doing that.

good point Rossa. Sometimes you cant win
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Rocky Mc Guigan

Easy to blame the referee but there's not much he can do when two teams are intent on playing as little football as possible. This is a sad indictment of club championship football in Tyrone and there will be very little football played in the remainder of the senior cship. A pure slugfest with the team coming out on top as the one who invariably get away with the most

Rocky Mc Guigan

Looks like it's not just the Omagh players who are under pressure to perform tomorrow night. According to their facebook page the supporters have to bring 3 friends along with them. ;D

time_for_a_swift_half

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on September 10, 2011, 11:37:23 AM
Easy to blame the referee but there's not much he can do when two teams are intent on playing as little football as possible. This is a sad indictment of club championship football in Tyrone and there will be very little football played in the remainder of the senior cship. A pure slugfest with the team coming out on top as the one who invariably get away with the most

Think that's a bit harsh. Both teams played football in the first half and a majority of the second half. I admit, at times, it wasn't of the highest standard but there was no negativity until the game approached injury time.
Lick Them!

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on September 10, 2011, 11:37:23 AM

if you keep your expectations low you cant be disappointed!!! Your clearly a glass half full sortta man
First on the field and last to leave

Shadylimp

On watching last nights game, what is it about referees that when they send a player off, they always try their best to even it up by sending an opposing player off as soon as they can? O'hagan sent mcguigan off last night for the slightest of tugs on a jersey yet let mccullough stay on field after taking out the ardboe defender with a knee high challenge. Then when remembering he was already booked, ohagan put his book back in the pocket. Poor decision by the ref but ardboe once again only have themselves to blame. They lost control of themselves at the end.
'Oh honey I didn't get drunk. I just went into a strange fantasy world'