Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scout

looking at the relegation situatuon there, provided moorotwn win against killyclogher, they would fancy the moy, without sean cavanagh, than a derrylaughan side who are flying atm. plus i think they beat the moy with sean cavanagh playing, so they'd really fancy their chances i would think.

KIDDO 4

Urney 2.6 Pomeroy 2.5 intermediate championship first round in Newtownstewert , Ref M Mc Carron Fintona.

Aaron Boone

Great buzz for the weekend football, although I'd still like to delay it a bit by being in Croker this Sunday.

KIDDO 4

Tyrone division3  tonight, Castlederg 1.10, Dungannon 4.13 , and Dregish 1.12, Drumragh 2.13

gethimaf

Quote from: new devil on August 25, 2011, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 25, 2011, 08:03:04 AM
I am sure Kyle Coney is glad to know he has a bum chum in Tommy McGuigan ::)
I wouldnt say that rant is that well informed or accurate. To start at the beginning, who is Keith O'Hara, now who would want to mark him???
How well does Brian Meenan know Jerome McElroy exactly?
Is Dean O'Neill young?
Is Colm McGurk marking Enda McGinley?

:D :D Thought the same Roddy...And ffs man use some paragraphs  :D

To be fair I only read the Coalisland bit, and hes the only man to have the american situation bang on.
Predictions

Dromore vs Moy- Dromore by 4 or 5, abit too proffessional to be overturned by a Sean Cavanghless Moy.
Killyclogher vs Coalisland- I dont make prediction on the blues.
Errigal vs Carmen- Errigal, dont know why its just a hunch.
Omagh vs Donaghmore- Heart says Donaghmore, head says Omagh, so Omagh by 2-3
Ardboe vs greencastle - Greencastle, Ardboe have to be the most overated team this year, i know ill get barrated for it but its what i think will happen.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: gethimaf on August 25, 2011, 11:48:35 PM
I wouldnt say that rant is that well informed or accurate. To start at the beginning, who is Keith O'Hara, now who would want to mark him???
Is Dean O'Neill young?

To be fair I only read the Coalisland bit, and hes the only man to have the american situation bang on.
Predictions

Dromore vs Moy- Dromore by 4 or 5, abit too proffessional to be overturned by a Sean Cavanghless Moy.
Ardboe vs greencastle - Greencastle, Ardboe have to be the most overated team this year, i know ill get barrated for it but its what i think will happen.
I don't know what this is but it sounds awful.  ;D

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: barelegs on August 24, 2011, 11:14:19 PM
Couple of interesting scenario's developing now in both league tables.

Bottom of Division 1.

Derrylaughan- 9
Moy- 9
Moortown- 4
Cookstown-4

Should the table finish like this the tie breakers to decide who is automatically relegated and who enters the relegations playoffs as laid out in the CCCs regulations at the start of the year are as follows.

Quote20. In the event of teams finishing level on points Rule 6.22 (5) (c) of T. O. 2010 will apply.

Rule 6.22 (5) (c) in the GAA's Official Guide states
Qualification for the Concluding Stages, or for Promotion or Relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the
order specified:
(i) Where two Teams only are involved - the outcome of the meeting of the two Teams in the previous game in the Competition;

(ii) Scoring Difference (subtracting the total Scores Against from total Scores For);

(iii) Highest Total Score For;

(iv) A Play-Off.

Exceptions to (c):
(1) In relation to means (ii) and (iii) above, if the accumulated scores of a team, so involved, are affected by a disqualification, loss of game on a proven objection, retirement or walk over, the tie shall be decided by a Play-Off.
(2) Regulations (i), (ii) and (iii) shall not apply to under 16 or younger age grade competitions.

If that were the case Moortown hold the head to head over Cookstown and Cookstown would be automatically down.

Derrylaughan and the Moy drew their league game and at the minute Derrylaughan have a superior points difference. Moy would meet Moortown in the relegation playoff.

In Division 2 were Edendork and the Rock may well end up tied at the top Edendork won their league game and would be automatically promoted should they win the last game.

Is the rules above applicabale to Tyrone football. I thought if two teams were level to determine if they do or do not go into a play off they play off e.g. if 5th and 6th in div two were tied, the head to head is not the determining factor, they meet in another play off.

However if two teams are level in the play off zone e.g. 2nd and 3rd that the head to head does come into play then.

Anyone else?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

barelegs

That might have been the case but if you take a look at the link below on the county board website you can see the CCCs regulations for 2011.

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/county-board/downloads-resources/

The relevent document CCC Adult Competition Regulations 2011

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/CCC-Adult-Regs-2011.pdf

Point 20 deals with teams finishing level on points.

Official Guide 2011- Part One is the document referred to in Point 20.

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Official_Guide_2011_Part_1.pdf

The GAA's Official Guide Page 77 deals with law 6.22.

If the CCC start changing their own rules and regulations that they'd laid down at the start of the season then there could be a few clubs not very happy at all.

Club Rossa

Gethimaf,who exactly are Ardboe overrated by?
Certainly not by the bookies and certainly not by people in Ardboe who are quite pessimistic about our cship hopes.

gethimaf

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on August 26, 2011, 08:12:42 AM
Quote from: gethimaf on August 25, 2011, 11:48:35 PM
Is Dean O'Neill young?

Predictions

I don't know what this is but it sounds awful.  ;D
It was supposed to be berated. tr.v. be·rat·ed, be·rat·ing, be·rates. To rebuke or scold angrily and at length. See Synonyms at scold. [be- + rate.] berate [bɪˈreɪt] ... Better? I'll make sure to place definitions of all words i spell wrong next time.

gethimaf

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 26, 2011, 10:37:33 AM
Gethimaf,who exactly are Ardboe overrated by?
Certainly not by the bookies and certainly not by people in Ardboe who are quite pessimistic about our cship hopes.
I know an Ardboe player who seems to think they're the greatest team in tyrone since 1998.

bustsummoves

Lets get the ball rollong for tonight.

2 senior championship games

Dromore v Moy   /   Killyclogher v Island

Whos gona win? lets hear ALL your views

EC Unique

Easy. Dromore and Coalisland will be in the hat for next round.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: EC Unique on August 26, 2011, 01:50:28 PM
Easy. Dromore and Coalisland will be in the hat for next round.

I second that
First on the field and last to leave

firestarter

ne1 ne idea when the reserve championship will kick off?