Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caraghtyrone

PLAYER WELFARE?

Hi Ive seen it a few articles on the board but its never been discussed at length and that is the subject of players welfare.

I have heard various rumours and stories about how the injured players are being looked after whilst out of work and having to cover mortgage repayments etc and just wondered what is really going on?  Surely the rumours cant be true that our wealthy county board havent the money to reimburse two of the countys finest players?  2 great role models for our children to aspire to, surely the county board wouldnt mess around over 6 or 7 thousand?

I'm seriously intirgued to know how the true gaelic followers amongst us would feel if this is indeed was true that the lads have been poorly treated?

tyroneboi

Go to www.harps.org where you will find a complete guide to the dates of all league and championship games. Also gives a full list of your club fixtures. im sure it will not work out like it has been set out due to Tyrone games etc but a good guide nonetheless.

ziggysego

Pictures of Greencastle's win over Killala of Mayo, in the All Ireland Junior Club's Semi-Final are now posted on our website.
Testing Accessibility

never kickt a ball

1. P McConnell,
2. D Carlin,
3. C McGinley,
4. M McGee,
5. D Harte,
6. C Gormley,
7. J McMahon,
8. G Cavlan,
9. S Cavanagh,
10. R Mulgrew,
11. O Mulligan
12. Cavanagh,
13. C McCullagh,
14. S O'Neill,
15. R Mellon.

So the above have made the last 36/37. Add the following who are named on the bench:

16. Philip Jordan
17. Enda McGinley
18. Michael Murphy
19. N Gormley
20. Jonathan Curran (cover for Pascal)
21. Paul Quinn
22. C Donnelly
23. P McGurk
24. Declan Treanor
25. Brian Dooher
26. Martin Penrose
27. Kelvin Hughes
28. Paul Rouse
29. Tommy McGuigan (3rd set of brothers?)
30. Peter Donnelly

The injured and suspended and rest:
31. Brian McGuigan
32. Kevin Hughes
33. Ryan McMenamin
34. Colly Holmes
35. Ciaran Gourley
36. Joe McMahon (for 4th set of brothers)
37. John Devine

38  D McCaul
39/40. McCarrons x 2
41. Daisy
42. Marlowe
43. Brendan Boggs

reddgnhand

You cant count Marlowe out I heard he got a bad ankle injury playing for the U21's at the weekend. It was either a break or bad ligament damage. Can anyone confirm this?

Norf Tyrone

Ahem Brendan Boggs? Typically exclusion of the North Tyrone brigade.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

never kickt a ball

Quote from: reddgnhand on February 23, 2007, 05:16:52 PM
You cant count Marlowe out I heard he got a bad ankle injury playing for the U21's at the weekend. It was either a break or bad ligament damage. Can anyone confirm this?
Heard something similar red.

Norf Tyrone

never kickt a ball

No Boggs either Norf in this team. Do you think that is significant?

Norf Tyrone

I dunno? Haven't my ear totally close to the ground, but with the Sigerson, and U21 preperation he is a man in demand.
In addition Owen Roes are playing a friendly on Sunday morning v Urney, which will be top of the agenda.

loughshore lad

Some promising news for all the Tyrone fans on this board. Brian McGuigan had his first competitve action last night since his injury. He played in the last 15 minutes of the Ulster league tie against Clontibret. Looked pretty sharp when he came on, hopefully this will be the start of him edging back into competitive football again.

never kickt a ball

A win against Donegal on the 10th is a necessity to get back on track. However, given Donegal's disappointing show in the McKenna Cup they will be well motivated for a victory. Should be an extremely interesting tie. Looking forward to it already.

realredhandfan

Big win on Saturday for Tyrone under 21s against mayo l;ast years all ireland champions.  Even Damian Mc caul got on the scoring a goal form corner back.  Looks good for the lads this year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: realredhandfan on February 26, 2007, 10:24:08 AM
Big win on Saturday for Tyrone under 21s against mayo l;ast years all ireland champions.  Even Damian Mc caul got on the scoring a goal form corner back.  Looks good for the lads this year.

What was the score RRHF? Ran the Mayo U21s very close last year in the AI semi, unlucky after extra time.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

realredhandfan

I dont know for sure, I think it was close at half time and then Tyrone went on the rampage on the second half scoring 6 goals I believe.  working on skethy information.  Tyrone are going to be close at Under 21 level this year.