Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superstar_

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 10, 2023, 09:30:48 PM
Quote from: Tyronechampionship on July 10, 2023, 07:45:29 PM
I would assume mid September similar to last year. With the first round of non starred games what way are teams looking with their main men back? Any truth in Coalisland picking up 2 serious injuries?

Saw Mckernan in a moon boot. Don't know how serious or how long he'll be out.
Could Coalisland be relegated?

ClubScene13

Quote from: superstar_ on July 10, 2023, 09:47:35 PM
I would assume mid September similar to last year. With the first round of non starred games what way are teams looking with their main men back? Any truth in Coalisland picking up 2 serious injuries?

Couldn't see it, they've been dealt a bad hand early in the season. Hard fixtures and a significant amount of best 15 not playing. You'd maybe fancy moortown for the drop at the minute? Edendork are bound to get going a little bit with county men back, they'd a bad showing in 2021 when they were last up and will be keen to avoid a repeat.

Tyronechampionship

Current champions Errigal seem to be struggling to get scores on the board, could they get nipped in the first round by Killyclogher?

RedHand88

I'd say they are too big a club to be relegated but then I also said that about Clonoe...

ClubScene13

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 11, 2023, 06:02:09 PM

I'd say they are too big a club to be relegated but then I also said that about Clonoe...

Both have fallen away quite a bit underage it seems, though if the senior team is already in good stead you only really need to bring through the odd player here and there off each minor team

redzone

How did Loughmacrory do last year at u 17 level. I see they are in the grade 2 at minor level this year

LeoMc

Quote from: redzone on July 11, 2023, 09:24:12 PM
How did Loughmacrory do last year at u 17 level. I see they are in the grade 2 at minor level this year
They would have been one of the stronger teams, just behind Donaghmore. I have heard that their better minors have been told to concentrate on Senior football and won't be playing minor.
Maybe one of the down sides of running u16's early and u18's at the tail end.

Eire90

is friday night league matches 8pm throw in

Eire90

they have matches listed as 7pm on September 8th would it not be pushing sunset around that time

Onthe40

Quote from: LeoMc on July 11, 2023, 11:40:03 PM
They would have been one of the stronger teams, just behind Donaghmore. I have heard that their better minors have been told to concentrate on Senior football and won't be playing minor.

I would sincerely doubt come minor championship time that the likes of young McElholm etc won't be playing... and rightly so why should they miss out on minor football

superstar_

A lot of clubs taking this approach apparently:
Loughmacory with Donaghy and McElholm, Ardboe with Devlin, Donaghmore with Grimes, Hughes and Clarke, Omagh with Daly and Haigney, Fintona with Donnelly. All not playing minors to focus on Senior.
The problem is, if for example Loughmacory, dropping to division 2 might be fine missing those players. But when seniors finish and minor potentially still going at the knockout stage do those players then rejoin and create massively one sided games.

Onthe40

Thats exactly the issue...

and not even when the seniors are finished, if the minors make it through to the latter stages of a competition and have the chance for silverware for the club, there's no doubt those lads will play

Mikhailov

Quote from: Onthe40 on July 12, 2023, 12:51:47 PM
Thats exactly the issue...

and not even when the seniors are finished, if the minors make it through to the latter stages of a competition and have the chance for silverware for the club, there's no doubt those lads will play

That is exactly the issue here. Reach last 4 or 8 and all lads will be playing especially if games are midweek and senior league games have reverted back to Sunday slot

statto

Quote from: superstar_ on July 12, 2023, 12:21:14 PM
A lot of clubs taking this approach apparently:
Loughmacory with Donaghy and McElholm, Ardboe with Devlin, Donaghmore with Grimes, Hughes and Clarke, Omagh with Daly and Haigney, Fintona with Donnelly. All not playing minors to focus on Senior.
The problem is, if for example Loughmacory, dropping to division 2 might be fine missing those players. But when seniors finish and minor potentially still going at the knockout stage do those players then rejoin and create massively one sided games.
That is poor form the lads should be a minor first and senior player second. 

Onthe40

CCC needs to seriously look at clubs playing down
we could have a number of situations this year where a number of big clubs have walked Grade 2 competitions
has already happened at u16 level