Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6638643 times)

clarshack

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #42015 on: November 05, 2019, 02:24:01 PM »
Newtownstewart will beat Moortown comfortable enough.

GaelTheGael

• View Profile
« Reply #42016 on: November 05, 2019, 03:41:04 PM »
What way do we see things working out in Division 2 this weekend?

Pomeroy v Greencastle
Augher v Strabane
Beragh v Loughmacrory
Galbally v Cookstown
Gortin v Clogher
Moortown v Newtownstewart
Owen Roes v Stewartstown
Aghyaran v Urney

At the top: Galbally at home to Cookstown, a defeat for Fr. Rocks will see them in relegation play offs, can't see anything other than a Galbally win here.
Beragh v Lough, if Lough were told at the start of the year they need a win v Beragh on last day to secure senior football next year they would have took it, I am sure there must be some nerves in the camp this week and Beragh would love to spoil the party, expecting Lough win.
Pomeroy v Greencastle on Saturday afternoon, Pomeroy win here to move into second place and leave the pressure on for Lough the next day.

At the bottom: Urney are already gone and seem to have thrown the towel in.
Newton playing Moortown, possibly in Garvaghy mid week or Friday? Correct me if I am wrong here, but both Strabane and Stewartstown have both beated Newton so even if Newton are level on 10 points with either of them they are in relegation play off anyway based on head to head?
Strabane v Augher, last few weeks would suggest that Augher have no interest in play offs, very strange considering a few weeks back they were in a position to play Clogher again in play offs, maybe they didn't fancy that possibility. Strabane will likely pick up easy points here.
Owen Roes v Stewartstown, Owen Roes win here leaving Stewartstown possibly level with Newton, although they won the head to head which should see them safe?

In the middle:
Owen Roes and Clogher guaranteed to play each other in play offs with what looks like no other team looking to fill the final spot? Possible teams to take it are Augher, Greencastle, Gortin, Moortown and Beragh, with all possibly going to get beat it would leave Augher staying in 6th place with an away trip to Pomeroy or Loughmacrory.

There is the the very very outside possibility of four teams finishing on 10 points would leave a tricky situation.

Overall I  am going for, Gallbally winners, Lough runners up, Pomeroy v Augher, Clogher v Owen Roes, Newton v Cookstown.
If the teams end up tied on 13 points for 6th place does it not go to a play off for play offs siutation due to Augher conceding a game already?

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #42017 on: November 05, 2019, 04:38:34 PM »
Newtonstewart will stay up imo.

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #42018 on: November 05, 2019, 05:12:03 PM »
Newtonstewart will stay up imo.

Big call at this stage - You have them better than Cookstown, Kileeshil and Kildress? Hard to know!

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #42019 on: November 06, 2019, 09:56:41 AM »

Pomeroy v Greencastle
Augher v Strabane
Beragh v Loughmacrory
Galbally v Cookstown
Gortin v Clogher
Owen Roes v Stewartstown
Aghyaran v Urney

At the top: Galbally at home to Cookstown, a defeat for Fr. Rocks will see them in relegation play offs, can't see anything other than a Galbally win here.
Beragh v Lough, if Lough were told at the start of the year they need a win v Beragh on last day to secure senior football next year they would have took it, I am sure there must be some nerves in the camp this week and Beragh would love to spoil the party, expecting Lough win.
Pomeroy v Greencastle on Saturday afternoon, Pomeroy win here to move into second place and leave the pressure on for Lough the next day.

Newton playing Moortown, possibly in Garvaghy mid week or Friday? Correct me if I am wrong here, but both Strabane and Stewartstown have both beated Newton so even if Newton are level on 10 points with either of them they are in relegation play off anyway based on head to head?
Strabane v Augher, last few weeks would suggest that Augher have no interest in play offs, very strange considering a few weeks back they were in a position to play Clogher again in play offs, maybe they didn't fancy that possibility. Strabane will likely pick up easy points here.
Owen Roes v Stewartstown, Owen Roes win here leaving Stewartstown possibly level with Newton, although they won the head to head which should see them safe?

In the middle:
Owen Roes and Clogher guaranteed to play each other in play offs with what looks like no other team looking to fill the final spot? Possible teams to take it are Augher, Greencastle, Gortin, Moortown and Beragh, with all possibly going to get beat it would leave Augher staying in 6th place with an away trip to Pomeroy or Loughmacrory.

There is the the very very outside possibility of four teams finishing on 10 points would leave a tricky situation.

Overall I  am going for, Gallbally winners, Lough runners up, Pomeroy v Augher, Clogher v Owen Roes, Newton v Cookstown.
The reason Augher were forced to concede V Owen Roes was that they had a  players stag do that weekend involving 12 from the senior squad.
The game was asked to be put back as the following weekend was free anyway, but Owen Roes refused.
This was particularly disappointing as Owen roes themselves had gotten the previous round of fixtures put back a week due to having ONE player unavailable.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:42:00 PM by blewuporstuffed »
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #42020 on: November 06, 2019, 02:39:05 PM »

Pomeroy v Greencastle
Augher v Strabane
Beragh v Loughmacrory
Galbally v Cookstown
Gortin v Clogher
Owen Roes v Stewartstown
Aghyaran v Urney

In the middle:

The reason Augher were forced to concede V Owen Roes was that they had a  players stag do that weekend involving 12 from the senior squad.
The game was asked to be put back as the following weekend was free anyway, but Owen Roes refused.
This was particularly disappointing as Owen roes themselves had gotten the previous round of fixtures put back a week due to having ONE player unavailable.
Why was the Owen Roes player missing?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #42021 on: November 06, 2019, 03:04:32 PM »
Think that was a trip stateside.

Degrassi Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #42022 on: November 06, 2019, 03:25:48 PM »
I'd suggest that maybe last weekend didn't suit Owen Roes as I'm sure half the parish was at the all star awards in Dublin. If Augher wanted the points that badly they'd have cancelled the stag. I've missed many occasions over the head of club football - obviously doesn't matter a big pile in that squad.

Club boi

• View Profile
« Reply #42023 on: November 06, 2019, 04:34:06 PM »
I'd suggest that maybe last weekend didn't suit Owen Roes as I'm sure half the parish was at the all star awards in Dublin. If Augher wanted the points that badly they'd have cancelled the stag. I've missed many occasions over the head of club football - obviously doesn't matter a big pile in that squad.

Catch yourself on you clown. I actually hope you are being sarcastic with this post

Fella's have lives outside of football, I know many men who have given up too early in their playing days as the demands of GAA was getting ridiculous for the amount of time put in v's the rewards out

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #42024 on: November 06, 2019, 04:51:19 PM »

Catch yourself on you clown. I actually hope you are being sarcastic with this post

Fella's have lives outside of football, I know many men who have given up too early in their playing days as the demands of GAA was getting ridiculous for the amount of time put in v's the rewards out

Absolutely. I know footballers who  have chosen to get married in the winter solely because of football and not wanting the issues that arise from trying to get married in mid season with Stags/wedding clashing with games. Its hardly unreasonable to plan a stag for the 1st week in November and assume that football might be wrapped up by then. If by chance they were in the Ulster Clubs well and good, they might have had a decision to make.

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #42025 on: November 06, 2019, 04:56:39 PM »

Absolutely. I know footballers who  have chosen to get married in the winter solely because of football and not wanting the issues that arise from trying to get married in mid season with Stags/wedding clashing with games. Its hardly unreasonable to plan a stag for the 1st week in November and assume that football might be wrapped up by then. If by chance they were in the Ulster Clubs well and good, they might have had a decision to make.

This was in October though, the season has rang into October for many a year now.

Degrassi Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #42026 on: November 06, 2019, 05:09:58 PM »
Right, so the team Augher were due to play should sort their lives round a stag party (that was probably in Monaghan).  Did the first poster consider that the Owen Rose men might have had big plans on Halloween weekend themselves?
But awe naw it's all their fault now cause they wouldn't change. Ffs please
This oul shite happens all the time & teams are 100% right not to change if it doesn't suit them.
Pull out your violins over the length of the League season some place else - it ain't my fault

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #42027 on: November 06, 2019, 09:13:25 PM »

Well sure maybe McShane should have cancelled his trip to the states the previous week too then?
Only he didnt have to, because the round of fixture was rearranged for him.
Augher where in the position where they had no league game the week before the weekend of the stag or the weekend after, yet it wasn't possible to get it changed.

As with every other club team, the players on that squad have also missed many an occasion due to club fixtures, its just disappointing when other clubs seem to make no effort to accommodate each other at this stage of the year.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #42028 on: November 07, 2019, 08:35:23 AM »

Pomeroy v Greencastle
Augher v Strabane
Beragh v Loughmacrory
Galbally v Cookstown
Gortin v Clogher
Owen Roes v Stewartstown
Aghyaran v Urney

In the middle:

Do Augher even want to go up?? Watching them a few times this year I'd say they are nowhere near capable for senior football and will end up relegated in last spot next year anyway, so perhaps this was a case of "f**k it, we don't even wanna go up" My guess anyway

The_Slug

• View Profile
« Reply #42029 on: November 07, 2019, 09:27:21 AM »

You must have no life outside of football. Ridiculous post.