Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legoman5

Quote from: skeog on January 30, 2017, 09:22:49 PM
Killyclogher heading shortly on a training camp in Spain.Big effort to do back to back titles underway already.

There not just going as a training camp its also appreciation from the club for the achievement they done last season! Great idea from them for gettin a new hunger away,fitness in the sun and team bonding whcih is crucial!! Not too coslty as players payin £50 themselves towards it and flights accomodation only cost roughly £120 extra per man and sure that money alone was lifted on the Ulster games they played in last year anyway. Fair play to them!!

In hiding

Quote from: Legoman5 on January 31, 2017, 09:48:44 AM
Killyclogher heading shortly on a training camp in Spain.Big effort to do back to back titles underway already.

There not just going as a training camp its also appreciation from the club for the achievement they done last season! Great idea from them for gettin a new hunger away,fitness in the sun and team bonding whcih is crucial!! Not too coslty as players payin £50 themselves towards it and flights accomodation only cost roughly £120 extra per man and sure that money alone was lifted on the Ulster games they played in last year anyway. Fair play to them!!
You don't need to explain how you lads spend your club funds to anybody !!

GetOverTheBar

Fair play to them, no resting on their laurels.

skeog

Agree club players deserve to be rewarded for the effort they put in and the lift they give to their parish when they have success.

theobserver

Quote from: In hiding on January 31, 2017, 10:16:03 AM

Maybe the new hierarchy at Ballinamullan Headquarters now need to enlighten all, including GAAboard members how transparent the club funds are after recent undertakings. Chat is Mountfield are setting up their own team. They did try in the 70s. Will be a feisty derby this year at Youth Sport with Mountfield Outlaws vs Killyclogher Townies. Will lump the G's on the Outlaws to win the battle of Cappagh Parish.

Club boi

Quote from: gaafan2 on January 30, 2017, 04:20:59 PM
Quote from: tiempo on January 30, 2017, 03:44:48 PM
Quote from: longballin on January 30, 2017, 03:34:31 PM
Quote from: tiempo on January 30, 2017, 03:22:34 PM
Quote from: longballin on January 30, 2017, 03:11:51 PM
Quote from: tiempo on January 30, 2017, 03:01:45 PM
Quote from: longballin on January 30, 2017, 02:01:07 PM
Quote from: tiempo on January 30, 2017, 11:57:20 AM
Quote from: longballin on January 30, 2017, 09:35:59 AM
Great achievement by Pomeroy to reach that level twice in last ten years with practically two different teams: Rock on the other hand are an embarrassment yo-yo team should be developing and pushing on instead of getting relegated into a league every other year that they are clearly too good for.

A bit more respect for the only club team in Tyrone history to win 3 Ulster Clubs...

thats because they keep getting relegated.

Really? Sounds like sour grapes to me

I more admire a team that gets promoted and stays up rather than go back down to win the same competition...

Really? That's a low blow lad, maybe it's not that easy to stay in Intermediate following promotion from Junior?
They didn't finish in the promotion places through the league, maybe just a great Championship team?
Certainly evidenced by 3 Ulster Clubs.

Is like Mugsy said when Cookstown won second Intermediate club All Ireland it didnt mean as much as he felt they shouldnt have been in that grade. There was supposed to be a rule a club couldnt be in Ulster championship within five years because of that - must have done away with it.

Really? So they haven't broken any rules and Mugsy said something the time Cookstown won Intermediates?
The plot thickens for the most successful Tyrone team in Ulster Club history, 3 time Ulster Champs.
Did anyone else say anything else not about the Rock before we put this to bed?

No harm till ye fella but that's not something to be boastful about. Staying up in intermediate football for longer than a couple of years would suit youse better.

For what I perceive a Small Club (I don't know their membership or playing numbers, perhaps someone could inform Us) as Rock, I personally think it's an outstanding Achievement to be in another All Ireland Final. Your arrogance would suggest you are from a Division 1 Club who looks down on others and don't give them credit

redzone

Mugsy is for Fulham Irish in London this year. Cookstown may well be relegated without him

WT4E

Quote from: redzone on January 31, 2017, 10:00:30 PM
Mugsy is for Fulham Irish in London this year. Cookstown may well be relegated without him

Or maybe get promoted without him!!!!

Tyroneforsam

Apparently we have lined up Peter Doherty and Conal Sheridan to replace Harte and O'Donnell. I have to admit I know very little about Sheridan but I know Doherty has managed a number of high profile clubs. Hopefully they can continue the good work of harte and O'Donnell.

ON THE HILL

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on February 01, 2017, 09:17:09 PM
Apparently we have lined up Peter Doherty and Conal Sheridan to replace Harte and O'Donnell. I have to admit I know very little about Sheridan but I know Doherty has managed a number of high profile clubs. Hopefully they can continue the good work of harte and O'Donnell.
is this the man from kilrea? if so good luck with that one..was chased from the loup

Onthe40

yeah, would be considered old school...i recall him being with Drumragh for a few years but thats maybe 7-8 yrs ago, didnt realise he was involved with Loup recently... Sheridan has been around a few corners, was involved in a few county setups, fermananagh, cavan a while back...not sure if he ever featured with his own club Omagh?

Helpline

Quote from: theobserver on January 31, 2017, 04:48:54 PM
Quote from: In hiding on January 31, 2017, 10:16:03 AM

Maybe the new hierarchy at Ballinamullan Headquarters now need to enlighten all, including GAAboard members how transparent the club funds are after recent undertakings. Chat is Mountfield are setting up their own team. They did try in the 70s. Will be a feisty derby this year at Youth Sport with Mountfield Outlaws vs Killyclogher Townies. Will lump the G's on the Outlaws to win the battle of Cappagh Parish.
The observer;..clubs don't need explain there finances to random board members, just need to be transparent within there own club which I'm sure they are, and as for the outlaws v the townies, me thinks  the townies too smart for the outlaws as wit dimensions as soon as you leave the 30m/ph speed limit at Glendale.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

longballin

I see Ciaran McAleer has spoken out about the Tyrone Academy in the Ulster Herald. He's nailed the truth on this one... http://ulsterherald.com/2017/02/02/carmen-minor-boss-hits-tyrone-academy/

Club boi

An Absolute Disgrace what the County Management have "demanded" from Club players at Minor level

PMG1

I see there is a vote at the next county board meeting to change the league format to four divisions of 12 playing home and away, 22 games 11 of which are with all players, 4 points a win and the other 11 starred with 2 points for a win, straight forward league no semi's or final, top team wins. What is everyone's thoughts