Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Stephen McNally seems to be Coalisland's most consistent player for a long time... didnt get much of a chance at all from Tyrone management. One game a few years ago I think and was dumped.

sensethetone

who is the top scorer in the senior championship?

Canalman

Saw some of first half and nearly all of second of this game on the telly. Have to say it was an excellent game to watch. Very good standard of play.

Seems to be some amount of Tyrone clubs with sky blue jerseys. Remember reading that in a programme when up in Omagh for a league game back in the day.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: sensethetone on October 10, 2016, 09:52:25 AM
who is the top scorer in the senior championship?
Dan McNulty was before yesterday, but i would say now with the replay, Bradley has a good chance of overtaking him
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mikhailov

Quote from: Canalman on October 10, 2016, 09:58:29 AM
Saw some of first half and nearly all of second of this game on the telly. Have to say it was an excellent game to watch. Very good standard of play.

Seems to be some amount of Tyrone clubs with sky blue jerseys. Remember reading that in a programme when up in Omagh for a league game back in the day.

both of yesterday teams played in their away strips. Both normally wear royal blue as the main colour as do Dromore, Galbally, Donaghmore, Gortin, Derrytresk to name a few. Light blue teams are Strabane, Cookstown, Moy, Glenelly.

Il Bomber Destro

What age is Nathan Donnelly of Killyclogher?

Thought he was very impressive yesterday.

general_lee

Killyclogher do wear sky blue. Who do the winners of this tie play in Ulster?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: general_lee on October 10, 2016, 11:34:51 AM
Killyclogher do wear sky blue. Who do the winners of this tie play in Ulster?
Antrim winners
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 10, 2016, 11:06:00 AM
What age is Nathan Donnelly of Killyclogher?

Thought he was very impressive yesterday.

19. Very strong runner. Brilliant game overall, both teams kicked some mighty scores. Conall McCann getting a lot of praise on here, had a good game up until the last 15 but went out if it late on, McGahan kicked a couple of points off him.

Helpline

A fair game to watch all round, think Killyclogher for the replay if they can get Bradley on the ball more -  I heard neutral spectator say beside me - he's a 'super toy' to have in your box.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

The Trap

Don't know about critics of the ref.....yea should have given Killyclogher a bit of time to get back after changing the free decision but that apart did a good job. Two best games I have seen this year were Clonoe v Carmen and the final both reffed by the same man.
How will Pomeroy do in senior? County players will harm them.
Will Harte and O'Donnell stay or use the Liam Donnelly excuse (cant manage against their own club)? They should stay for one year at least and see what they can do. Errigal would be expected to beat Pomeroy anyway......

Onthe40

Think the Fianna mgmt now have a few decisions to make...do they drop Donnelly as i thought he was awful yest..the role he plays dropping back serves no purpose against the strong running KC offensive play, never mind the cheap posession he kicked away..Curran also was awful, gifting KC a few scores from terrible kickouts..IMO the Fianna played their best football when Donnelly was off the field, when they pushed up & went 15 v 15 which didnt allow KC easy posession up to their 45.
Still think its hard to call..plenty of the Fianna players can improve from yesterdays showing and KC will feel confident with a a full 15 back. McKernan & Hampsey are class acts.

square_ball

I cant see the fianna dropping donnelly at this stage think he provides too much leadership and their squad I don't think is the strongest either. Hard to call the replay like this will be their fourth week out on the trot it's bound to take it out of the legs.

As echoed hampsey and mckernan are 2 class acts. McKernan only 19 too and for my money had the upper hand on Bradley yesterday just about something our 2 county corner backs couldn't do. Seems a natural man marker.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 09, 2016, 07:50:14 PM
Quote from: Club boi on October 09, 2016, 07:15:15 PM
Quote from: Cheltenham Fun on October 09, 2016, 07:03:37 PM
Can't fault both teams for effort although I thought the quality of the football poor at times. The good thing about the replay is sean Hurson won't be the referee. What a clown. Doesn't understand the game at all. The whole of Ireland can now see how bad he is.

Best Ref in the county by a mile, what are you on about. Fear would be who will do the replay as so many others aren't up to scratch. Football in general is very poor so don't know why you appear surprised

He is NOT a good ref. Never uses common sense and it is obvious he never played himself. He refs as per the rule book and not what he sees in front of him. The Fianna goal was a calamity of errors from Hurson who realised his mistake and gave KC everything for next 10 mins. I never like to see him turn up to do our club games but admittedly there are not many good refs about so that explains why he is held in such high regard by the ccc
Think he made plenty of mistakes,  but the standard of refereeing is that bad, he looks one of the better ones!

Quarterback

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 09, 2016, 07:50:14 PM
Quote from: Club boi on October 09, 2016, 07:15:15 PM
Quote from: Cheltenham Fun on October 09, 2016, 07:03:37 PM
Can't fault both teams for effort although I thought the quality of the football poor at times. The good thing about the replay is sean Hurson won't be the referee. What a clown. Doesn't understand the game at all. The whole of Ireland can now see how bad he is.

Best Ref in the county by a mile, what are you on about. Fear would be who will do the replay as so many others aren't up to scratch. Football in general is very poor so don't know why you appear surprised

Sean has played club football at all levels for this club Galbally Pearses including senior and reserve a few years back..

He is NOT a good ref. Never uses common sense and it is obvious he never played himself. He refs as per the rule book and not what he sees in front of him. The Fianna goal was a calamity of errors from Hurson who realised his mistake and gave KC everything for next 10 mins. I never like to see him turn up to do our club games but admittedly there are not many good refs about so that explains why he is held in such high regard by the ccc