Gortin v Moy DRAW
Urney v Brackaville 5/6
Aghaloo v Donaghmore 5/6
Stewartstown v Derrytresk 2/3
Derrylaughan v Pomeroy DRAW
Cookstown v Aghyaran 1/2
Moortown v Dungannon 1/2
Eskra v Loughmacrory5/6

Wrong again driveherin .. As a matter of interest what part of Tyrone are ye from .. North south east or west
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Jeremiah O

Ardboe lost to Dromore again but it was close throughout and was in the melting pot right till the end.A physical game with some huge hits going in.Great to see Ronan McNabb back on the field again after his injury woes.
Unconquered and unconquerable

supersarsfields

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 09, 2016, 12:48:56 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on May 09, 2016, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: tiempo on May 09, 2016, 12:00:42 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on May 09, 2016, 10:55:46 AM
Have to say the rule in Div 3 for playing the reserve game as 13 aside is starting to be abused by some clubs. I completely understand why the rule was brought in to help clubs with smaller numbers to field. But it's now being turned around by some clubs where even when they have 18 boys they still opt to play 13 a side. We've had 2 reserve games this year and both have been 13 aside. Yet both other clubs had more than 17-18 players. Surely for reserve football it should be as much about getting boys game time as much as everything else. Frustrating when you're trying to keep a panel of players happy and trying to get them as much game time as possible.
I believe Antrim have a similar rule, but that if you have 15 players then you have to play 15 a side. And the 13 a side only comes into play if you actually have less than 15 players. Might be something to look at.

The competition rules should be written in as 15-a-side with 13 optional if you don't have the numbers, idiotic if it was set up as a 13-a-side specifically but I know of a few examples in other counties of these antics due to poorly worded rules. Put a motion in to the county convention.

Yeah that would be an improvement. I think at the minute a club can choose to play 13 a side. Which is fine if you only have 13/ 14 players but a bit of a joke if you have 16-17.

I thought you had to play 15 if you had 15 there, but again that could be manipulated too. As you say, it should be about given lads games in the main. Surely a sub on these teams that elect not to field 15 would be very unhappy.

We've had two games this year so far and both have had 16-17 players but elected to play 13 a side. Just disappointing when you could have 4 players more involved in the game from the start. Just seems counter productive as the reason for the rule in the first place was to try and get more confirmed games.

redzone

Rock and glenelly are the two teams. Surprised at the rock, but not glenelly. There's a reason why they are stuck to the arse of div3

Rock n Roll

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 09, 2016, 04:45:15 PM
Have to say the rule in Div 3 for playing the reserve game as 13 aside is starting to be abused by some clubs. I completely understand why the rule was brought in to help clubs with smaller numbers to field. But it's now being turned around by some clubs where even when they have 18 boys they still opt to play 13 a side. We've had 2 reserve games this year and both have been 13 aside. Yet both other clubs had more than 17-18 players. Surely for reserve football it should be as much about getting boys game time as much as everything else. Frustrating when you're trying to keep a panel of players happy and trying to get them as much game time as possible.
I believe Antrim have a similar rule, but that if you have 15 players then you have to play 15 a side. And the 13 a side only comes into play if you actually have less than 15 players. Might be something to look at.

The competition rules should be written in as 15-a-side with 13 optional if you don't have the numbers, idiotic if it was set up as a 13-a-side specifically but I know of a few examples in other counties of these antics due to poorly worded rules. Put a motion in to the county convention.

Yeah that would be an improvement. I think at the minute a club can choose to play 13 a side. Which is fine if you only have 13/ 14 players but a bit of a joke if you have 16-17.

I thought you had to play 15 if you had 15 there, but again that could be manipulated too. As you say, it should be about given lads games in the main. Surely a sub on these teams that elect not to field 15 would be very unhappy.

We've had two games this year so far and both have had 16-17 players but elected to play 13 a side. Just disappointing when you could have 4 players more involved in the game from the start. Just seems counter productive as the reason for the rule in the first place was to try and get more confirmed games.

Sarsfields you'll have to brush up on your counting skills! We had 15 players on Sunday and one of them wasn't fully fit which is he he only came on with a couple of minutes to go even though we were winning the game comfortably.

I accept your point about teams using the rule for their own benefit but just wanted to set the record straight for my own club.
If in doubt...get 'er out!

driveherin

Quote from: leenie on May 09, 2016, 01:13:46 PM
Quote from: driveherin on May 06, 2016, 08:48:03 AM
Edendork  v Trillick6/7
Killyclogher v Errigal Ciaran DRAW
Clonoe v Omagh St Enda's 5/6
Coalisland v Kildress 3/4
Galbally v Strabane 5/6
Eglish v Augher 1/2
Greencastle v Carrickmore
7/8
Gortin v Moy DRAW
Urney v Brackaville 5/6
Aghaloo v Donaghmore 5/6
Stewartstown v Derrytresk 2/3
Derrylaughan v Pomeroy DRAW
Cookstown v Aghyaran 1/2
Moortown v Dungannon 1/2
Eskra v Loughmacrory5/6

Wrong again driveherin .. As a matter of interest what part of Tyrone are ye from .. North south east or west

Apologies for getting my predictions incorrect!! I made them going by current form. I didn't really expect to get them all right or I'd be minted!!!
Mid Ulster my friend  ;) ;)

leenie

Ach no need for apologises ... It's all good , u don't have much faith in my club.. Hopefully they'll prove ya wrong ...

supersarsfields

Quote from: Rock n Roll on May 10, 2016, 11:56:43 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on May 09, 2016, 04:45:15 PM

Sarsfields you'll have to brush up on your counting skills! We had 15 players on Sunday and one of them wasn't fully fit which is he he only came on with a couple of minutes to go even though we were winning the game comfortably.

I accept your point about teams using the rule for their own benefit but just wanted to set the record straight for my own club.

Fair enough if that's the case. It looked like more than 2 subs togged out but i know the sub benches can get crowded so hard to tell who's a sub and who's not.
I think it's going to be a struggle to get a run to the reserve league this year as there's a few clubs struggling already to field, I can't imagine what it might be like come August, but maybe the late championship will help keep the numbers up.

driveherin

Quote from: leenie on May 10, 2016, 01:00:33 PM
Ach no need for apologises ... It's all good , u don't have much faith in my club.. Hopefully they'll prove ya wrong ...
And who would your club be?

leenie

longballin

Tomas O'Se said Dubs have some 'scumbags'   if he said it about Tyrone there'd be protest marches, internet going crazy and McElduff writing to RTE ...

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: longballin on May 10, 2016, 05:50:49 PM
Tomas O'Se said Dubs have some 'scumbags'   if he said it about Tyrone there'd be protest marches, internet going crazy and McElduff writing to RTE ...

Tomas O'Se retracted his comments after intense criticism within an hour. If he had said that about Tyrone, RTE would probably have ran a documentary aiming to support that assertion.

GlenMan

The Dictator at Garvaghey is a disgrace to the County. I was at the Feile last night and once again everyone was locked out of the building. No pitches lined and a refusal to turn on the floodlights even though it was dark.

Club Rossa

Ardboe and Carmen through to the minor final tonight.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GlenMan on May 10, 2016, 07:29:01 PM
The Dictator at Garvaghey is a disgrace to the County. I was at the Feile last night and once again everyone was locked out of the building. No pitches lined and a refusal to turn on the floodlights even though it was dark.

Seen a photo from one of the finals last night and it was pitch dark.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone