Bring back club football

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 15, 2016, 05:50:31 PM
Quote from: Bring back club football on April 15, 2016, 01:17:54 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on April 15, 2016, 12:30:59 PM
Quote from: WT4E on April 15, 2016, 09:44:06 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on April 15, 2016, 01:43:47 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 14, 2016, 08:28:02 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 14, 2016, 08:13:54 PM
Someone asked me on Sunday what was the penalty for playing 17 year olds in adult football. At a quick check I can't see what the penalty is.

Anyone?

Actually- Just reading it here. Looks like forfeiture of game, 2 week suspension of player, and 8 weeks for manager.

It's going to be a shit rule. There are some Clubs in Tyrone who went out of the minor Champion ship last night, and are out of league already. That's a batch of 17 year olds who will likely have no football til next March, bar perhaps, U21s.

I guess them fellas will go play soccer, or drink,or whatever now!

Happened to us last night. Out of the League and Championship. Theres a good number of those lads have nothing now until next February. That's 10 months without any football.

To be quite frank that rule is a disgrace and whoever thought it was a good idea should be ashamed.

Paraic Duffy the top man came up with it.

Tried to explain this to people before it happened and before the vote at congress but alot didn't seem to care - I wonder has anyone changed there minds?

Seems bizarre that minor championship and league is in spring (at the mouth of exams). Could this 'no football for 10 months' problem not be resolved by holding the minor competitions later in the year?

Of course it could!!!! The same rule applies in all counties but how many of them have put U17 players in their county in this position. Fixture planners and CCC in Tyrone are a joke with all their talk about clubs and grass roots. All they are interested in is licking ass and keeping in with their mates up round Garvaghey!!!!!!!!!

Wooooh horsey.
The TCB voted against this. This was a national rule.

Like that really matters, just some wannabe brown nose up on the hill trying to look like the big shot. Tyrone have played off the minors like this for good few years now and young Cubs at big clubs who hadn't got reserve football were sitting scratching their ass since as early as the end of March for some of them. So not a new problem.

Quarterback

This weekend a lot of clubs have brought their games forward to Saturday night.  I think going forward this would be great for club football in Tyrone.  Professionalism has taken over and is driving a lot off players out of the game at club level.  You would get bigger crowds at games, family men and men working abroad would get to spend time at home instead of being away all day on a Sunday.  Anyone else think this could be a starter. 

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Quarterback on May 04, 2016, 02:13:34 PM
This weekend a lot of clubs have brought their games forward to Saturday night.  I think going forward this would be great for club football in Tyrone.  Professionalism has taken over and is driving a lot off players out of the game at club level.  You would get bigger crowds at games, family men and men working abroad would get to spend time at home instead of being away all day on a Sunday.  Anyone else think this could be a starter.

Yes. Not sure why this isn't more common.

bogball88

Is there still many men playing soccer on Saturdays during the soccer season?

square_ball

Hard to beat a league game on a Friday always seems a better atmosphere with them too. I know it doesn't suit a lot of fixtures but was always a fan of them.

WT4E

Quote from: square_ball on May 04, 2016, 05:03:13 PM
Hard to beat a league game on a Friday always seems a better atmosphere with them too. I know it doesn't suit a lot of fixtures but was always a fan of them.

Have to agree - I remember some great Friday evening games. One in particular being the visit of an unbeaten since formation club (about 2 years) namely Clan naGael to our ground and the Tones coming away with the victory after a great game - some atmosphere that evening.

Redhand Santa

Always liked the Friday games too, though they're better suited to local derbies. They should definitely try to play some games earlier in the weekend though Sunday is a good day for watching a game too.

Not so sure if Saturday evenings would attract a bigger crowd. A lot of people would have things on on a Saturday. From work during the day to night time plans etc

leenie

Saturday games wouldn't go down to well with the trades men / mart men / sat mass goings and especially the silage men in the summer...

I think Sunday games are great for families ...

Though as  a supporter I have enjoyed Friday night games ...
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

tiempo

Quote from: leenie on May 04, 2016, 08:16:37 PM
Saturday games wouldn't go down to well with the trades men / mart men / sat mass goings and especially the silage men in the summer...

I think Sunday games are great for families ...

Though as  a supporter I have enjoyed Friday night games ...

Well thats it settled then, Thursday it is, fcuk ye for a thran basket...

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: WT4E on May 04, 2016, 05:46:35 PM
Quote from: square_ball on May 04, 2016, 05:03:13 PM

Have to agree - I remember some great Friday evening games. One in particular being the visit of an unbeaten since formation club (about 2 years) namely Clan naGael to our ground and the Tones coming away with the victory after a great game - some atmosphere that evening.

During the week games aren't fair on players.

blewuporstuffed

It might be nice to have one 'feature game ' in the county every monday night over the summer.
different clubs involved every week. it would get good crowds i would say.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 05, 2016, 03:35:47 PM
It might be nice to have one 'feature game ' in the county every monday night over the summer.
An excellent suggestion, we had our game on Tuesday with Carrickmore (you could describe it as a feature game) a great crowd attended it, many Gaels from other clubs attended to take in a potentially good game, they weren't disappointed. Only draw back would be county manager complaining about it because he would not have full turn out at county training due to the game if there were county men involved in the game.

time ticking away

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 05, 2016, 04:06:17 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 05, 2016, 03:35:47 PM
An excellent suggestion, we had our game on Tuesday with Carrickmore (you could describe it as a feature game) a great crowd attended it, many Gaels from other clubs attended to take in a potentially good game, they weren't disappointed. Only draw back would be county manager complaining about it because he would not have full turn out at county training due to the game if there were county men involved in the game.
I heard that Conor Gormley ran the show ! Would have been a big scalp for Carmen had they got across the finish line
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

driveherin

Edendork  v Trillick6/7
Killyclogher v Errigal Ciaran DRAW
Clonoe v Omagh St Enda's 5/6
Coalisland v Kildress 3/4
Galbally v Strabane 5/6
Eglish v Augher 1/2
Greencastle v Carrickmore
7/8
Gortin v Moy DRAW
Urney v Brackaville 5/6
Aghaloo v Donaghmore 5/6