Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: LeoMc on May 20, 2015, 10:42:05 AM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 20, 2015, 09:39:33 AM
Can't for the life of me see how so many people are making us favourites. Doris is a big game player and therefore a big loss. Coalisland game is a derby game and it will go to the wire. The way some of you are going on you would think Coalisland were rubbish, where infcat they are a good team who can beat anyone on their day, and with Mc Nally back from his travels last week they will come into this game positively.

Quote from: ose 14 on May 19, 2015, 04:37:38 PM
good to see the reigning county champions not being picked by anybody omaghs to lose my friends. carrickmore will do well to get within six. i wouldnt write off ardboe either against dromore who are getting older too. clonoe based on what hammering greencastle and omaghs second string bar 4. i wouldnt be so sure that old full backline of theirs looks very vunerable to me. i  like eriigal too playing well but i wouldnt swap our best 15 for anyone thank you very much looking forward to a cracking championship and may the best team prevail which will be omagh.

Have to agree with you OSE, think you are the team to beat, and it will take a top notch performance from any team to beat them. Would be a shock to me if Carrickmore beat them.
Is the brother missing also?

No he served his suspension against Dromore last year.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

barelegs

Quote from: WhizKid on May 20, 2015, 10:44:46 AM
Peter Harte is a big loss. Are there any other notable suspensions for the 1st round games?

Niall Kerr was sent off with a straight red against Omagh last year as far I can remember so he should be missing for Coalisland against Clonoe

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: barelegs on May 20, 2015, 10:56:03 AM
Quote from: WhizKid on May 20, 2015, 10:44:46 AM
Peter Harte is a big loss. Are there any other notable suspensions for the 1st round games?

Niall Kerr was sent off with a straight red against Omagh last year as far I can remember so he should be missing for Coalisland against Clonoe
Patrick Doris was sent off along with Harte too.
Munroe was sent off for carmen in the final, but that might have been two yellows?
Strabane had a couple sent off in their defeat to augher last year which i presume will mean they will msi the same fixture this season.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tommo2

Quote from: Sunny Day on May 20, 2015, 09:02:47 AM
Yes - Peter Harte misses out the first Championship Game from what I can make out from the rules.  This would sway me to a Killyclogher win!!

Killyclogher missing Danny Gorman and Marty Swift. Both injured against Eglish.

rrhf

Dont know.... I fancy Killyclogher for a real tilt at the championship this year.  They have pushed onwards and upwards since their league win and they have to be seen as capable of doing an Omagh.  Tyrone GAA clubs inspiring their neighbours again.  Errigal Ciaran and Carmen brought the best out of each other for years then Clonoe looked on as Coalisland got to a championship final before they took one, followed by their neighbours.  Omagh were champions last year and Killyclogher their nearest and dearest rival won the league. 
Another two to watch out for might be Dromore and Trillick followed by Moy and the Clarkes.. Should be a wonderful championship for these guys especially a start studded Moy team laden with Ai medals. 

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: rrhf on May 20, 2015, 08:41:25 PM
Dont know.... I fancy Killyclogher for a real tilt at the championship this year.  They have pushed onwards and upwards since their league win and they have to be seen as capable of doing an Omagh.  Tyrone GAA clubs inspiring their neighbours again.  Errigal Ciaran and Carmen brought the best out of each other for years then Clonoe looked on as Coalisland got to a championship final before they took one, followed by their neighbours.  Omagh were champions last year and Killyclogher their nearest and dearest rival won the league. 
Another two to watch out for might be Dromore and Trillick followed by Moy and the Clarkes.. Should be a wonderful championship for these guys especially a start studded Moy team laden with Ai medals.

"Star Studded Moy team laden with All Ireland Medals" You mean the Cavanagh's these are the only (Senior) All Ireland Medals playing with the Moy, think they may have a minor winner as well, Jordan and Mellon have finished.  Their star studded quality isn't showing in the league table.  I think is fair to say Moy or Dungannon wont be challenging for the Championship.  They may well win there perspective first rounds.

For me its a 3 horse race between Omagh, Clonoe and Dromore.  Outside sniff for Killyclogher who have picked up from where they left last year, although their recent championship record doesn't read well.  They need to deliver a performance against Errigal
Living the dream!!!

GJL

Good to see Errigal being written off by so many.  ;)

Tyrone Gaa

I'm not writing Errigal off, of course they can win a championship.  Up to 8 clubs can have a realistic championship ambitions in my opinion, others are hoping for a good run and see where that takes them.  Although saying that 1 of Trillick, Dungannon, Greencastle or Eglish will compete in a Championship semi final which will be a massive occasion and opportunity for those clubs to make their mark.
Living the dream!!!

Legoman5

Wellyman who was it? I'm guessing it's one of the u21's was targeted although reading teamtalk they mention Matty Donnelly havin a serious injury and havin to go off!
Hopefully incident was all caught on camera or saw by the ref and the player is punished,at least a 6 game ban Imo,far to many incidents like this and the player get off with it! After so many one punch kill incident happening it's only a matter of time before there's a serious incident on a Gaa field!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Welly Man on May 24, 2015, 09:44:35 PM
young trillick man with broken jaw in hospital needin op following todays game with the civil men from
Augher. Dirty action. Man should be done for assault if you ask me. Which you didnt...but i thought id preempt it....
While It's unfortunate the lad received an injury like that, if.you didn't see the incident maybe you should refrain from posting about it. If you are talking about assault charges  the lad himself could be in bother aswell.....
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

clarshack

Quote from: referee on May 24, 2015, 07:19:31 PM
Cookstown looked impressive today ,they won't be far away at the end of the season,but the loud mouth Quinn at it again  outside the wire-never learns

cookstown hitting form at the right time. we have a few key men missing for this weekend so we are up against it big time.

a bad beating yesterday to aghyaran doesnt help either.

redzone

The auger player came in from behind and hit him dirty that's a fact u.there was some sort of wrestling between the trillick player and the augher  player and the 3rd man came in from behind.im sure he regrets it today,but when u don't see a punch coming ure wide open

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: redzone on May 25, 2015, 10:21:16 AM
The auger player came in from behind and hit him dirty that's a fact u.there was some sort of wrestling between the trillick player and the augher  player and the 3rd man came in from behind.im sure he regrets it today,but when u don't see a punch coming ure wide open
I'm sorry but if you are going to post something as 'fact' make sure it is actually correct.
There was no 3rd player involved at all.
As I said it was unfortunate the lad picked up a serious injury like that and I hope he makes a speedy recovery but your post is complete rubbish.

Knock Yer Mucker In

How did Greencastle beat Errigal? A poor result with championship around the corner, I would worry about them on that result against Killyclogher. Carrickmore drawing with Dungannon, can't see anything other than an Omagh win. Coalisland losing to Dromore by one point, Coalisland are there abouts, going be very difficult for Clonoe to get over them. Ardboe two point winners over Eglish, can't see anything other than a Dromore win against Ardboe, especially as Ardboe seem to lie down to Dromore. Some sorting out to be done the next two weeks.

Wee Roddy

In fairness KYMI Carmen were missing a handful of defenders yesterday and our full forward line had blindfolds on. 7 goal chances were missed. We beat Coalisland by a point too so when at full strength we aren't far away either. I would be more confident playing Omagh that yourselves of Dromore