Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 13, 2015, 10:40:59 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on April 12, 2015, 08:55:31 AM
McCurry with 16 points yesterday. Cathal McShane with 1-10

How many of each of these totals were frees?

What does it matter? Some kicking

nrico2006

Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 13, 2015, 01:59:04 PM

So its as easy to score 16 from play as it is to convert 16 frees?  Catch yourself on.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 13, 2015, 02:00:17 PM

So its as easy to score 16 from play as it is to convert 16 frees?  Catch yourself on.

Yes but how often do you see 0-16 scored by one player in any game? So it's most definitely worth a mention regardless of how many came from frees.
That was never a square ball!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 13, 2015, 02:03:45 PM

Yes but how often do you see 0-16 scored by one player in any game? So it's most definitely worth a mention regardless of how many came from frees.

Exactly. 16 points in game is a fantastic feat no matter how it was achieved.
0-16 from play would be unreal, but even if everyone of them were from frees kicking that ammount over the bar isnt to be sniffed at either.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Christmas Lights

So its as easy to score 16 from play as it is to convert 16 frees?   Catch yourself on.

Erm, where did I say that?  16 touches in a game is right going, never mind scoring that. Stop trying to rain on someone's parade.

nrico2006

Every team has a free taker who will usually rack up 5 to 8 points a game and that could easily increase to double figures if the opposition continue to give away scoreable frees. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Under Lights

Gareth Devlin with 2-5. Martin Gervin from Brackaville scored FIVE 45s.

Nrico and Tyrone GAA posters must have been top class players. Either that or never played at all. Wonder which.

time ticking away

Anyone at either the Ardboe errigal or carmen Killyclogher games
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

ziggysego

Death of Trillick and Tyrone GAA great

Former Trillick and Tyrone great Pat King has passed away after a short illness.

One of the greats of club football, he won five O'Neill Cup medals and was the oldest player to start on the winning side in a senior county final when he was 39-years-old in 1986. The following year he also played in the final when Trillick were defeated by Ardboe.

A retired PE teacher, he also played for Tyrone throughout the 1970s and was on the half forward line when they won the 1973 Ulster title. In 1980 he was man of the match when Trillick won the county final and three years later captained the team to the league and championship double. He also went to win a club championship medal with Lisnaskea where he made his home and managed the Fermanagh senior team.

Former Tyrone minor and U21 manager Liam Donnelly who played alongside Mr King for Trillick said the club and local community was "completely shocked." He described his former team-mate as a "Trillick and Tyrone legend."

Mr Donnelly said, "Pat was not only a great player but also a great coach who was away ahead of his time in preparation. I remember as a child seeing him score a great goal for Tyrone in the 1973 All Ireland semi-final against Cork. He taught in St Eugene's, Roslea and many of the Roslea team who played in the 1982 Ulster club final would have been coached by Pat during their school days.

"The school also did very well under his guidance not just in football but he brought in other sports such as canoeing and cross country running. They had Ulster cross country champions which was unheard of before then. He was 20 years ahead of this time in fitness preparation."

A Trillick native, he played senior football for over 24 years and was almost 45 when he hung up the boots with Lisnaskea. He continue to cycle regularly and keep fit until his recent illness.

Mr Donnelly added, "He was not the biggest but he was some athlete. He climbed Cuilcagh Mountain in Co Fermanagh just before Christmas and kept in great shape.
"Pat was a great fellow and people are devastated to hear of his passing. It came so suddenly, it is a terrible shock. He was not just a Trillick legend but also a Tyrone legend."

Mr King is survived by his sons Barry, Shane and Ronan, grandchildren and a wide family circle.

Source: ulsterherald.com
Testing Accessibility

Club Rossa

Deeply saddened to hear of Pat's passing.I can fondly recall the great battles Ardboe had with that Trillick team.Pat King was a super footballer and didn't let much get past him.Condolences to Pat's family and all Trillick gaels.

Knock Yer Mucker In

RIP Mr King.

We played Greencastle and Eamon Mc Hugh was the ref. This guy has lost the run of himself and has no respect for players or clubs anymore. Greencastle had a player sent off in the middle of the second half and this is an account of what happened from a couple of our players. The said player had fouled one of our players, nothing serious, just a tick or yellow card type of foul, Mc Hugh comes up to him and asks for his name, the Greencastle player says, Eamon sure you know my name, Mc Hugh says, tell you what, get off and shows him a straight red card. The context to the Greencastle player saying to Mc Hugh 'sure you know my name' was that literally 2/3 mins before Mc Hugh had asked the same player how is your father in law keeping (Mc Hugh apparently knows the father in law well) and a bit of friendly chat about how the said man was keeping ensues, and as I said 2/3 mins later he is off. Our players were disgusted that he treated a player in the way he did. This unfortunately seems to be the way this ref has been conducting himself in the past few seasons. His relationship with players is in tatters.

time ticking away

I think he's a good ref. But I don't think he knows my father in law
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: time ticking away on April 13, 2015, 04:04:02 PM
I think he's a good ref. But I don't think he knows my father in law

Always thought he was one of the better referees in tyrone as well. I can think of a few others that I can imagine doing something like that though.......
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Norf Tyrone

A fair bit of Cathal's were frees, 1-6 at a guess. The goal being from the penalty. However he earned most of the frees as well.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Trap

What happened in the carrickmore game? I heard a video has been sent to the county board that shows they won the game but referee has it down as a draw.......what will happen? Any precedent?