Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Club boi on October 05, 2014, 08:28:21 PM
Junior Final - Hard to know what to expect next day. Derrytresk would be happier with the draw today but Rock have Marty Mc Creesh back for the reply

Intermediate - Dungannon where a joy to watch. Totally outplayed Trillick. Richie Donnelly took the baite, was subjected to serious abuse and many different players hitting him, up until he couldn't take it anymore and struck the main culprit midfielder. Straight Red. Anybody see Mattie Donnelly?? Cause I didn't today

Fianna v Errigal - I hear Petey Harte and Coalisland player fought, Hartes father (rumour) jumped the wire and hit the Fianna player = all out brawl. Hear Petey got badly targeted and may have gone to hospital with injuries

I was at the game and this is not what happened. Donnelly was outplayed and yes, Dungannon were physical but the description you give here is completely unfair. He was no subjected to the level of abuse you are claiming. One thing you got right was that the Clarkes were a joy to watch. A young team who could do a bit of damage next year.
That was never a square ball!!

bigtogs

Quote from: Whats it all about on October 05, 2014, 08:54:04 PM
Quote from: Dell on October 05, 2014, 07:57:26 PM
Well done Dungannon Clarkes on their return to senior football for the 1st time since 2005. The old adage goals win games was never truer. They have made great progress in last two years. It's been a good year for the townies! Hope rumours involving serious injury to Errigal player and circumstances surrounding it are untrue. IMO from games I have watched he seems to take a lot of abuse with no protections from refs.

He ain't no angel, Peter struck first today just hit someone who hits back like a sledge. Really needs to pick his battles better !!!!!

heard young hampsey put hartes light clean out!!!

clarshack

Padraig McNulty would have more to offer Tyrone's midfield than say the likes of colm cavanagh.

Club boi

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 05, 2014, 08:55:00 PM
Quote from: Club boi on October 05, 2014, 08:28:21 PM
Junior Final - Hard to know what to expect next day. Derrytresk would be happier with the draw today but Rock have Marty Mc Creesh back for the reply

Intermediate - Dungannon where a joy to watch. Totally outplayed Trillick. Richie Donnelly took the baite, was subjected to serious abuse and many different players hitting him, up until he couldn't take it anymore and struck the main culprit midfielder. Straight Red. Anybody see Mattie Donnelly?? Cause I didn't today

Fianna v Errigal - I hear Petey Harte and Coalisland player fought, Hartes father (rumour) jumped the wire and hit the Fianna player = all out brawl. Hear Petey got badly targeted and may have gone to hospital with injuries

I was at the game and this is not what happened. Donnelly was outplayed and yes, Dungannon were physical but the description you give here is completely unfair. He was no subjected to the level of abuse you are claiming. One thing you got right was that the Clarkes were a joy to watch. A young team who could do a bit of damage next year.

I was also at the match, don't try and butter up the fact Dungannons Midfielder was sent out to do a job on him!!!! Not only did he do a fantastic job winding him up, I think he also scored a great point, broke up play and was a strong running outlet each time he got the ball. Along with Mc Nulty they are great midfield partnership. I saw at least 5 Dungannon players "nudge" him if you wanna try and not make it sound so bad but Richie was outplayed, outclassed and Dungannon deserve their win.  Great team performance

tiempo

Well done Dungannon Clarkes on their return to senior football for the 1st time since 2005. The old adage goals win games was never truer. They have made great progress in last two years. It's been a good year for the townies! Hope rumours involving serious injury to Errigal player and circumstances surrounding it are untrue. IMO from games I have watched he seems to take a lot of abuse with no protections from refs.

In 05 Omagh beat Dungannon 3 times by a point, twice in 1B and once in Chshp, Omagh lost Chshp final by a point and got promoted, Dungannon sank without a trace to Junior, good to see them back up in senior for 2015. What is the record of the last few teams to get consecutive promotions junior through to senior? Will be a tough year but if they can avoid losing players to the Tyrone machine and its trappings they will no doubt surprise a few, they'll be buzzing for a lash at ulster now and to see who they get in SFC. They won ulster intermediate in 03 if memory serves me right, what year was that? in the noughties with Cavlan

ONeill

Did Killyman get straight promotions?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: tiempo on October 05, 2014, 11:29:38 PM

In 05 Omagh beat Dungannon 3 times by a point, twice in 1B and once in Chshp, Omagh lost Chshp final by a point and got promoted, Dungannon sank without a trace to Junior, good to see them back up in senior for 2015. What is the record of the last few teams to get consecutive promotions junior through to senior? Will be a tough year but if they can avoid losing players to the Tyrone machine and its trappings they will no doubt surprise a few, they'll be buzzing for a lash at ulster now and to see who they get in SFC. They won ulster intermediate in 03 if memory serves me right, what year was that? in the noughties with Cavlan

Omagh had the most players on the Tyrone panel and it worked out ok for them! Carrickmore got to the final with 3.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: clarshack on October 05, 2014, 09:47:54 PM
Padraig McNulty would have more to offer Tyrone's midfield than say the likes of colm cavanagh.

Colm cavanagh has been one of tyrones best players for last few years so crazy comment. If they could find a partner for Colm that would be great.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on October 06, 2014, 12:39:51 AM
Quote from: tiempo on October 05, 2014, 11:29:38 PM

Omagh had the most players on the Tyrone panel and it worked out ok for them! Carrickmore got to the final with 3.

I'd say Tyrone's early exit helped Omagh this year.
That was never a square ball!!

smort

Dungannon have spent two seasons in intermediate, still pretty impressive though. Good young team with plenty of hunger and energy. Mcnulty strong at midfield but saying he is better than colm is a bit premature. Quinn is a handful at full-forward and they have some decent defenders. Im not sure how they will fare in div 1 though, they seem to have a renewed attitude but it is not something they would be renowned for and it will be tested next season. All the best to them anyway.

laceer

Quote from: ONeill on October 05, 2014, 11:51:21 PM

No. Won junior in 05 and intermediate in 07.

nrico2006

Quote from: laceer on October 06, 2014, 08:41:22 AM
Quote from: ONeill on October 05, 2014, 11:51:21 PM

No. Won junior in 05 and intermediate in 07.

Didn't Clan Na Gael get straight promotions?  Did they also get straight relegations?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Moortown Spuds

HealyHellRaiser

An Errigal man ran on to the field and hit a player? Surely not... not the blessed ones of ballygawley? Surely not a Harte i hear you say? Not 1 thing will be happening there lads so just get your cold buckets of water and carpet and take care of that.

I Think we can now handle Crossmaglen and give ulster a rattle. MAybe with kilcoo the team to beat. Any thoughts?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: clarshack on October 05, 2014, 09:47:54 PM

Clarshack think you may of had a bitta drink writing this!!  For how bad Tyrone were this year you pick out their best performer to be replaced by an unproven player.  Lets see how he gets on next year against the likes of Colm and other top fielders.  I rate Richie Donnelly but not as a midfielder.  Don't think Trillick had a great midfield. Cost them the game
Living the dream!!!