Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 06, 2014, 09:42:43 AM
Quote from: clarshack on October 05, 2014, 09:47:54 PM
Padraig McNulty would have more to offer Tyrone's midfield than say the likes of colm cavanagh.

Clarshack think you may of had a bitta drink writing this!!  For how bad Tyrone were this year you pick out their best performer to be replaced by an unproven player.  Lets see how he gets on next year against the likes of Colm and other top fielders.  I rate Richie Donnelly but not as a midfielder.  Don't think Trillick had a great midfield. Cost them the game

Im not sure McNulty is ready for midfield at county level, yet but he is definitely worth a run as a wing half forward and would be a useful option as a target for kick outs. He is very powerful in possession and is very direct which causes teams problems at any level, especially when you are 6ft 2". Dungannon have loads of potential and in comparison to their last visit to senior football, their age profile is very young and have a capacity to improve under what could possibly be one of the brightest young management teams in the county. It will be tough for them next year but there is every chance that they may be able to rise the challenge and kick on again - best of luck to them. Its good to see the townie teams make a resurgence with Omagh and Dungannnon the two county champions.
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

the coalisland errigal saga will be interesting to see if the same sanctions are imposed in the ballygawley club as have been on other clubs. I remember coalisland getting their club closed for 6 months because of a similar matter greencastle also got a sanction similar im in right. Errigal on the other hand may be immune to such punishments.

Moortown Spuds

Does anyone know why that game was played on Sunday? There was requests from other clubs to change games to Sunday but were denied. How come EC and C.Island were able to get preferrential treatment?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 06, 2014, 11:33:08 AM
Does anyone know why that game was played on Sunday? There was requests from other clubs to change games to Sunday but were denied. How come EC and C.Island were able to get preferrential treatment?
i wondered that myself.
i thought all the final 2 rounds of games where to be played on the same dates & times.
I cant understand why an exception would be made there.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

clarshack

Padraig McNulty would have more to offer Tyrone's midfield than say the likes of colm cavanagh.

Clarshack think you may of had a bitta drink writing this!!  For how bad Tyrone were this year you pick out their best performer to be replaced by an unproven player.  Lets see how he gets on next year against the likes of Colm and other top fielders.  I rate Richie Donnelly but not as a midfielder.  Don't think Trillick had a great midfield. Cost them the game

and why is he still unproven? he was a member of all-ireland minor winning squad in 2010 and has developed a lot more since then. if he was from dublin or kerry he would have been brought through by now.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: clarshack on October 06, 2014, 12:07:26 PM

and why is he still unproven? he was a member of all-ireland minor winning squad in 2010 and has developed a lot more since then. if he was from dublin or kerry he would have been brought through by now.

Makes no sense.. He is unproven because he hasn't been picked by Micky Harte.  He is also unproven at the top level because he had been playing Junior and Intermediate football.  There is without doubt an opening in the Tyrone senior squad for a fielder but to replace Cavanagh was my main gripe with your initial post.  As for Dublin and Kerry I think there happy enough with their squads lol
Living the dream!!!

Man Marker

simple enough I reckon, as there result didn't impact on the team in relegation.

Quote from: longballin on October 06, 2014, 11:26:48 AM
the coalisland errigal saga will be interesting to see if the same sanctions are imposed in the ballygawley club as have been on other clubs. I remember coalisland getting their club closed for 6 months because of a similar matter greencastle also got a sanction similar im in right. Errigal on the other hand may be immune to such punishments.

It has to be said Errigals discipline has to be questioned the year, behaved terribly at the end of the clonoe championship game and then this, what type of leadership are they receiving

winghalfback

Quote from: Man Marker on October 06, 2014, 12:44:56 PM

simple enough I reckon, as there result didn't impact on the team in relegation.

It has to be said Errigals discipline has to be questioned the year, behaved terribly at the end of the clonoe championship game and then this, what type of leadership are they receiving

You would need to watch what you are saying you might offend MH and as for yesterday nothing will happen out of it because 2 men were lined and barney harte is mickeys brother. Someone who should have more sense than to become involved in thuggish behaviour.

Hereiam

Where is EC to help clear this up

longballin

The king of glencull has banned anyone from the ballygawley area commenting on the situation.

nrico2006

EC hasn't been on here for a while now, hope the man is ok.  Hasn't been on the Utd forum either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

WT4E

Quote from: Man Marker on October 06, 2014, 12:44:56 PM

I'm not defending EC but the behaviour of one of coalislands player at the end of their championship game was a disgrace too!

Man Marker

Your not the sharpest man, my point was that when you different discipline issues from different games it begs the question about how the club is managing its attitude to indiscipline. Any club can have a one off incident in a season.

blewuporstuffed

QuoteI'm not defending EC but the behaviour of one of coalislands player at the end of their championship game was a disgrace too!
Clonoe?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

WT4E