bigtogs

Quote from: winghalfback on August 23, 2014, 08:37:29 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 23, 2014, 08:30:38 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on August 23, 2014, 08:23:36 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 23, 2014, 08:11:35 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on August 23, 2014, 08:02:42 PM
Quote from: wheres he takin er from on August 23, 2014, 07:46:50 PM
Shit in the nest tonight again, last minute goal

Island a better team wanted it more clonoe to many men didn't want to play,  to many men all about themselves. Yet another lead lost.

some very poor decision making..

shockin whats went wrong this last few weeks big man

a couple of 1 point defeats would hardly make our world cave in, disappointing surely but many a time we where in worse positions... that is our league chances over the men that need rested now will be rested and a few younger lads will get playing in the rest of the league which long term i suppose wont do a bit of harm...

Normal 1 point defeats would not make your world cave in but a last gasp point to go out of the championship and a goal in the last few minutes in a big derby game would probably be classes as a little worse. Them lads have had a few very long hard years and a rest is well over due and with the youth clonoe have nows the time to bring them on.
Will Cassidy stay on another year didn't seem himself tonight on the line.
[/qu

dont wont to make light off 2 defeats..but the attitude was all week if we could play 5 games in 5 days we would take it just to get the season over...

bigtogs

Quote from: Dell on August 23, 2014, 08:25:27 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 23, 2014, 08:16:43 PM
you just got to hand it to Carmen.  semi finalists yet again.
Cathal O'Hagan did! Abysmal performance feel sorry for Augher deserved fair play at leas

Just talked too a man was at the game said he was disgusted at the standard of the inconsistent level of refereeing at all levels in this county he was giving up on the Gaa after following for 50 years!! He says what is a free one minute is not a free the next he has a point..Paul Coyle did not beat the Rahillys tonight but he gave some baffling decisions for and against both team really frustrating for all concerned..

on the sideline

Conor Gormley is one of my favourite players, but how he stayed on the pitch tonight is beyond me.  Clear ankle tap/hand trip which should have seen black but somehow was given as yellow instead and then in second half committed a foul which could gain have been considered black but at the very least a second yellow - he stays down feigning injury and by time he gets up after treatment he gets nothing at all! Would have had a huge bearing on the outcome.

But fair play to Carrickmore, showed the fight which you would always associate with them in last 10/15 mins, but which just didn't seem there up to that point.  They were cleaned out in midfield in first half but changes made at half time helped rectify this about 10 mins or so into second half - that and Cassidy blowing up/picking up an injury?

Carmen will need that fight from the start from here on in though if they are to do anything more.  The last 10 minutes might kick start them...

twenty one yard free

Cathal O Hagan bottled it on a few decisions, supposed to be one of the top referees, he hadn't the balls to send Gormley off on at least two ocassions but then sure it wasn't that long ago he made a balls of it in croker

Carmenalways

Well this is a new,a referee who actually gives carmen something. I guess that's the end of Cathal o hagans career.  ::)  Anyway,delighted to be through to another semi. Augher were ferocious in the tackle and really put it up too us. A throwback to yesteryear which I enjoyed and augher deserve a lot of credit for. Ardboe won't be shaking in there boots but I guess they would still rather face augher. Our first half performance was dismal at best and IMO the wrong team started. I hope lessons are learned.

time ticking away

Quote from: In hiding on August 23, 2014, 08:05:31 PM
So it's the big 4 left then
Dromore Carmen Omagh and Ardboe
nobody biting I see  ::)
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

TF15

Conor Gormley referees every game he plays in himself. How it continues to happen where he talks a ref through a game and gets away with fouls and elbows etc. Few refs have the balls to tell him to shut his mouth and send him off. Glad Carmen won as it will make for a better Semi final but its all well and good Carrickmore getting consistently to Semi Finals or Finals but they haven't won the thing since 2005. Haven't got over the line when it absolutely counts!

Carmenalways

15 times over the line when it counts. More than any club in Tyrone. ;)

TF15

Exactly! But why can't this group get over the line? Just not the quality or is it something psychological?

Carmen Stateside

Ach there wouldn't be the same pedigree now!
Great win for Carmen.  Typical championship slog going by reports, also hearing ref was poor to both teams. 

barelegs

Ignoring the refereeing (briefly) it was a good tough championship match. Augher dominated possession for large parts of the game but some poor decision making probably cost them. The injury to Aidan Cassidy had a big bearing because he was dominating the midfield. Between him and Daly they must have caught a dozen kickouts. Carrickmore looked clueless in attack at times but that test will stand to them next week. Now onto the refereeing...

I don't like being critical of referees but Cathal O'Hagan was very poor this evening and Carrickmore got a good deal more of the decisions in their favour than Augher. The Conor Gormley non-action was just one of a number of decisions that went Carrickmore's way. He should have been black carded in the first half let alone being on the field to pull the Augher attacker down when through on goal. And to add insult to Augher injury he was instrumental in Carmen getting the last couple of points.

Augher can feel fairly aggrieved with a couple of other incidents. There was one blatant tackle around the neck that the referee missed and Carrickmore got the equalising point (I think) from it. A minute later they rightly got a free when an Augher man did the same. It was the inconsistency that really stood out. If Carmen have complaints about not getting refereeing decisions in the past they more than made up for it today.

They'll need to improve next week but Ardboe haven't been setting the world alight so they've every chance of reaching another final

blewuporstuffed

To say we are sick is an understatement.  :-\
A massive effort from the team last night, completely undermined by an atrocious refereeing performance.
Im sure we will be accused of sore grapes or whatever, but i think it still needs said.
Bare legs sums it up pretty well, in that on top of the obvious gormley  'non decisions' there where any amount of poor calls that went against us, particularly late on.
How Connor Gormley stayed on the field last night was beyond belief, and ultimately decided the outcome, as he went on to win 2 very (very) dubious converted free afterwards and was involved in the 'incident' that took Cassidy out of the game who up to that point was running riot.
I  think if cathal o'hagan had have came out at the start and handed Gormley the whistle and told him to tear away himself, we wouldn't have faired any worse with the decisons.
Surely if he was assessed on last nights performance, he wont get another championship game for a very long time.

Well done to carrickmore, they were able to grind it out in typical fashion, you just cant help feeling they got a massive helping hand this time.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bigtogs

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 24, 2014, 10:16:42 AM
A massive effort from the team last night, completely undermined by an atrocious refereeing performance.
Im sure we will be accused of sore grapes or whatever, but i think it still needs said.
Bare legs sums it up pretty well, in that on top of the obvious gormley  'non decisions' there where any amount of poor calls that went against us, particularly late on.
How Connor Gormley stayed on the field last night was beyond belief, and ultimately decided the outcome, as he went on to win 2 very (very) dubious converted free afterwards and was involved in the 'incident' that took Cassidy out of the game who up to that point was running riot.
I  think if cathal o'hagan had have came out at the start and handed Gormley the whistle and told him to tear away himself, we wouldn't have faired any worse with the decisons.
Surely if he was assessed on last nights performance, he wont get another championship game for a very long time.

Well done to carrickmore, they were able to grind it out in typical fashion, you just cant help feeling they got a massive helping hand this time.

He probably will be getting to referee the final...

winghalfback

Quote from: bigtogs on August 24, 2014, 10:32:51 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 24, 2014, 10:16:42 AM

He probably will be getting to referee the final...

Who Conor Gormley

Carmenalways

Firstly,I agree with everyone on the subject of Conor gormley. Yes he should have been sent off. No doubt. However,if I started on poor refereeing decisions against carmen this past 10 years I would be here forever. Maybe it's the fact that carmen actually got a decision in there favour for once is not sitting well with some folk.... Get over it....We have time and again....and again....and again.