Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 20, 2014, 03:55:46 PM
Would be a foolish man that writes off Carrickmore's championship chances.They are well capable of beating Dromore or Omagh in the final.

It's like Kerry being written off. The more they are wrote off, the more certain Carrickmore are to win it.

billabong

Nice to see the County Board have fixed league games this weekend for the same time as the All Ireland Semi between Kerry and Mayo  ::)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: billabong on August 21, 2014, 08:37:46 AM
Nice to see the County Board have fixed league games this weekend for the same time as the All Ireland Semi between Kerry and Mayo  ::)

The County Board get some abuse re fixtures but you can't stay working fixtures around AI Semi Finals that have no bearing on Tyrone.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

In hiding

Would you prefer to play in November?
Watch the semi on the Sunday Game

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: In hiding on August 21, 2014, 11:01:28 AM
exactly.
sometimes they cant win
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Redhand Santa

In fairness it's a difficult one. It is one of the biggest games on the calender so ideally you should try not to clash with them. It could be argued that there is all weekend to play the games so why not play them at a different time and give people the choice. But 3.30 is hard to avoid a clash with. Anything before is too early. I guess you could go with 5.30 and 7. But there doesn't seem to be a big appetite with clubs to move them.

Archie Mitchell

Busy weekend of fixtures too. Minor finals on Friday night (though it didn't bother them too much last year when fixed games for same time) and the replay and rearranged Intermediate and Senior Championship on Saturday evening.

sam03/05

games should be fixed for 5:30 and 7pm
takes away valuable gate money for clubs. As most people want to watch the All Ireland Semis, so attendance drops

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 21, 2014, 11:04:53 AM
Quote from: In hiding on August 21, 2014, 11:01:28 AM
exactly.
sometimes they cant win

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 21, 2014, 11:40:16 AM
In fairness it's a difficult one. It is one of the biggest games on the calender so ideally you should try not to clash with them. It could be argued that there is all weekend to play the games so why not play them at a different time and give people the choice. But 3.30 is hard to avoid a clash with. Anything before is too early. I guess you could go with 5.30 and 7. But there doesn't seem to be a big appetite with clubs to move them.

If you fixed games for 5.30pm and 7.00pm, most people would miss it anyhow. All the away teams, and the reserve players will be down there from 5.00pm anyhow.

Anyhow, if you started that, you'd be doing the same the following weekend for the Dublin/ Donegal game and then there's the hurling SF and final.

Redhand Santa

I'm pretty sure in previous years fixtures didn't clash with the hurling final and definitely don't with the football final. Ideally you wouldn't clash with the football semis especially ones with ulster teams but understand it's not always practical.

winghalfback

Clonoe loose another game after having a decent lead tonight. All might not be well in the Rahillys.

sam03/05

look at most other counties in Ulster this weekend. Very few clashing with All Ireland Semi Final. Most starting at 1pm or 5:30pm

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 21, 2014, 04:50:31 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 21, 2014, 11:40:16 AM

If you fixed games for 5.30pm and 7.00pm, most people would miss it anyhow. All the away teams, and the reserve players will be down there from 5.00pm anyhow.

Anyhow, if you started that, you'd be doing the same the following weekend for the Dublin/ Donegal game and then there's the hurling SF and final.

Up The Middle

Quote from: winghalfback on August 21, 2014, 09:41:57 PM
Clonoe loose another game after having a decent lead tonight. All might not be well in the Rahillys.

Yeah the whole club is falling in round us.......

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: winghalfback on August 21, 2014, 09:41:57 PM

Let me guest, is this the same reserve team that won the res championship a month ago. Oh Boy!!

Norf Tyrone

A week today to the Championship semi finals and still no days or venue.
Thank God all our boys are unemployed and don't need to book any time off work.