Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackball

Quote from: trileacman on October 07, 2013, 01:07:38 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on October 07, 2013, 12:22:37 PM
Completely unfair asking half the panel of each county finalist to play a game 24 hours before the county final. I'm sure panels are stretched enough as it is with injuries, suspensions picked up as the championship has been run off week on week.

Bollocks to that. If they're lucky enough to be in a county final then they can field a reserve team the night before.

That's the f**king problem with fixtures in Tyrone, there is too many excuses not to have them played.

Cant see yous having that problem anytime soon

Wee Roddy

Carrickmore performance on Saturday wouldn't have scared Clonoe but one of their players had a brother seriously ill. The man decided to play but I think it may have had an effect on the players. I have never seen so many players make so many simple errors in the first 20 minutes. 

rrhf

Totally understandable fair play to the lad

Under Lights

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 07, 2013, 01:07:04 PM
Keep it up guys....our cubs will be loving this ;)
I didn't make it last evening but Paddy Hunter is some muppet. On 3 occasions he mentioned lads that weren't playing even

'Do you know who has been very quite today? Mark Kavanagh'
'That's because he isn't on. Paul Quinn started ahead of him wearing 17'
'You're right'

Wee Roddy

Did you hear that. He should be sacked for an error like that

Up The Middle

Completely unfair asking half the panel of each county finalist to play a game 24 hours before the county final. I'm sure panels are stretched enough as it is with injuries, suspensions picked up as the championship has been run off week on week.

Bollocks to that. If they're lucky enough to be in a county final then they can field a reserve team the night before.

That's the f**king problem with fixtures in Tyrone, there is too many excuses not to have them played.

Dont think luck has a pile to do with it. This is coming from the club that couldnt field a senior or reserve team against us this year cause Tyrone minors were playing the following week.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

bigtogs

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 07, 2013, 09:59:23 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on October 06, 2013, 10:35:47 PM
Small club compared to Dromore Errigal Carrickmore..... 220 oddd members clonoe have

are you sure about that????

100% last year 220 members

EC Unique

Quote from: Under Lights on October 07, 2013, 01:26:07 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 07, 2013, 01:07:04 PM
Keep it up guys....our cubs will be loving this ;)
I didn't make it last evening but Paddy Hunter is some muppet. On 3 occasions he mentioned lads that weren't playing even

'Do you know who has been very quite today? Mark Kavanagh'
'That's because he isn't on. Paul Quinn started ahead of him wearing 17'
'You're right'
Lol.  ;D

loughshore lad

Very impressive from Clonoe yesterday, don't ever recall errigal as comprehensively beaten in the championship. Their play was excellent mixing short and long ball while as ever very strong defensively. Stevie McMulty, Dwayne Quinn and PJ Lavery were all excellent on Peter Harte, Tommy Canavan and Ciaran McGinley respectively not only blotting them out but driving forward and scoring. Collie Doris was exceptional around the middle with the two men up front causing plenty of bother.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Up The Middle on October 07, 2013, 01:52:13 PM

Dont think luck has a pile to do with it. This is coming from the club that couldnt field a senior or reserve team against us this year cause Tyrone minors were playing the following week.

+1
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Under Lights

Yeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrroooooo

trileacman

Management decision not mine. Match should have been played. You're only contradicting yourself by calling foul when trillick don't field and then throwing the toys out of the pram when it happens to you. As it has been said how many players does this honestly effect?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

blackball

Quote from: trileacman on October 07, 2013, 03:16:03 PM

Management decision not mine. Match should have been played. You're only contradicting yourself by calling foul when trillick don't field and then throwing the toys out of the pram when it happens to you. As it has been said how many players does this honestly effect?

It is not about effecting individual players, it is about effecting the team as a whole!

Wee Roddy

I cant speak for Clonoe but in Carrickmores case I reckon we had 5 subs not used on Saturday that could play in the reserves yet might be introduced on Sunday in the county final.

Up The Middle

Quote from: trileacman on October 07, 2013, 03:16:03 PM

On our panel all the subs who havent been used are of course reserve players, so if they go out on Saturday and get injured then they are of the panel for the Sunday and whatever chance they had of featuring on the biggest day in their club careers to date is gone.

Listen if it happens we will deal with it and play the game, that doesnt mean i cant whinge and complain about it and call the county board all the stupid cnuts of the day.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.