Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beard

from what Iv seen of Mark down through the years. a top player and a great lad too. EC unique isnt doing him any favours here claiming him to be best in tyrone, may well be but its neither here nor there. tyrone minors doing well without him and he's going well for club as well. Great to see a young lad devoted to club as well, maybe a sign that people are getting abit fed up with how club teams in tyrone are treated now a days

Christmas Lights

Ive marked both Lee Brennan and Mark Kavanagh in the not so distance past.

Lee Brennan the stand out for me.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: The Beard on September 03, 2013, 01:13:31 PM
from what Iv seen of Mark down through the years. a top player and a great lad too. EC unique isnt doing him any favours here claiming him to be best in tyrone, may well be but its neither here nor there. tyrone minors doing well without him and he's going well for club as well. Great to see a young lad devoted to club as well, maybe a sign that people are getting abit fed up with how club teams in tyrone are treated now a days

Strange choice IMO if he opted out, Tyrone Minors is the pinnacle of any young footballers career and the glamour that comes with it,i say this and with no disrespect to Errigal Ciaran but will he ever get the chance to play at Croke Park again?Imagine the buzz of an All Ireland week and All Ireland day in any Young footballers life, hope this current crop dont fall by the way way side like some of the previous All Ireland Minor winning sides with very little of them making the break through it appears after strong promise. Either way the current crop will head off down to College the week after the AIF and half of them will buy into the whole hype surrounding themselves and the false sense of security it brings and more than most of them will sadly slowly start into decline and never fulfill the potential they had following a few years of living like a rockstar.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Christmas Lights

Agree with NBTB, thats what I was saying, why an 18 year would opt out of the minor squad is mind bottling.  It bottles the mind.  Im sure if you asked the lad now, he would give anythign to be involved this next couple of weeks.   Did he play any league or championship games earlier this yera for Tyrone minors?

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on September 03, 2013, 02:02:19 PM
Either way the current crop will head off down to College the week after the AIF and half of them will buy into the whole hype surrounding themselves and the false sense of security it brings and more than most of them will sadly slowly start into decline and never fulfill the potential they had rolling a few years of living like a rockstar.

LOL, these lads will have a lot new college women falling at their feet on fresher week, especially if they have an all ireland medal round their necks by that stage also.  A great couple of weeks lie's ahead for those starlets of the county minor scene.

bluenosebandit

Strange choice IMO if he opted out, Tyrone Minors is the pinnacle of any young footballers career and the glamour that comes with it,i say this and with no disrespect to Errigal Ciaran but will he ever get the chance to play at Croke Park again?Imagine the buzz of an All Ireland week and All Ireland day in any Young footballers life, hope this current crop dont fall by the way way side like some of the previous All Ireland Minor winning sides with very little of them making the break through it appears after strong promise. Either way the current crop will head off down to College the week after the AIF and half of them will buy into the whole hype surrounding themselves and the false sense of security it brings and more than most of them will sadly slowly start into decline and never fulfill the potential they had following a few years of living like a rockstar.

That is the best summation of a tyrone minor's life i have ever heard and its as true as anything written on here.
The bright lights of belfast and the jersey grabbers will be out in full and it will put an end to some of their careers as footballers, never mind intercounty.
What i find startling is the amount of minors from tyrone that cant even make the university team, and even worse, the amount of them that dont even want to play football when at university.

Redhand Santa

One thing that annoys me about the club championships is the lack of preparation given to teams with county players. There hasn't been one league game in between Tyrone getting knocked out and them starting. This means teams haven't had a competitive game with their full team available in weeks. When was the last non starred round of games?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 03, 2013, 02:53:59 PM
One thing that annoys me about the club championships is the lack of preparation given to teams with county players. There hasn't been one league game in between Tyrone getting knocked out and them starting. This means teams haven't had a competitive game with their full team available in weeks. When was the last non starred round of games?
11th August
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tommo2

It has to be the most open senior championship for years. No real outstanding teams. Errigal are weaker without McGinley, Dromore weaker without Sludden, Coalisland missing a few players. Ardboe seem to be going well in the league, but its hard to gauge from league matches.

The Beard

I know, not saying I agree with his choice but Im sure he had his reasons. Not for me to judge when dont know the full story. Im sure he regrets now though, never mind croke park and all ireland medals, his pulling power in the hatfield has just greatly decreased ;D

The Beard

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 03, 2013, 03:07:56 PM
It has to be the most open senior championship for years. No real outstanding teams. Errigal are weaker without McGinley, Dromore weaker without Sludden, Coalisland missing a few players. Ardboe seem to be going well in the league, but its hard to gauge from league matches.

clonoe and ardboe the two teams seem to have had best preparation. obviously winner of errigal/dromore up there aswell. coalisland have hit a run of bad form and injuries at wrong time, but if get over 1st round match may be able to regroup. Killyclogher going well too, always a good championship pedigree aswell so fancy them to get far but cant see them winning it

blewuporstuffed

Predictions?

Greencastle v Eglish 8.30pm Fri 6th Sept Omagh

Augher v Donaghmore 6pm Sat 7th Loughmacrory

Trillick v Ardboe 6pm Sat 7th Pomeroy

Derrylaughan v Coalisland 6pm Sun 8th Edendork

Cookstown v An Charraig Mhor 8.30pm Fri 13th Omagh

Killyclogher v Moy 5.45pm Sat 14th Galbally

Clonoe v Omagh 3pm Sun 15th Dunmoyle

Dromore v Errigal Ciaran 6.15pm Sun 15th Carrickmore
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tommo2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 03, 2013, 04:18:39 PM
Predictions?

Greencastle v Eglish 8.30pm Fri 6th Sept Omagh - Greencastle

Augher v Donaghmore 6pm Sat 7th Loughmacrory - Augher

Trillick v Ardboe 6pm Sat 7th Pomeroy - Ardboe

Derrylaughan v Coalisland 6pm Sun 8th Edendork - Coalisland

Cookstown v An Charraig Mhor 8.30pm Fri 13th Omagh - Carmen

Killyclogher v Moy 5.45pm Sat 14th Galbally - Draw - KC Replay

Clonoe v Omagh 3pm Sun 15th Dunmoyle - Clonoe

Dromore v Errigal Ciaran 6.15pm Sun 15th Carrickmore - Dromore

LeoMc

Predictions?

Greencastle v Eglish 8.30pm Fri 6th Sept Omagh - Eglish

Augher v Donaghmore 6pm Sat 7th Loughmacrory - Augher

Trillick v Ardboe 6pm Sat 7th Pomeroy - Ardboe

Derrylaughan v Coalisland 6pm Sun 8th Edendork - Coalisland

Cookstown v An Charraig Mhor 8.30pm Fri 13th Omagh - Carrickmore

Killyclogher v Moy 5.45pm Sat 14th Galbally - Killyclogher

Clonoe v Omagh 3pm Sun 15th Dunmoyle - Clonoe

Dromore v Errigal Ciaran 6.15pm Sun 15th Carrickmore - Dromore

winghalfback

Predictions?

Greencastle v Eglish 8.30pm Fri 6th Sept Omagh  EGLISH

Augher v Donaghmore 6pm Sat 7th Loughmacrory  DONAGHMORE EXPERIENCE WILL PULL THEM TRU

Trillick v Ardboe 6pm Sat 7th Pomeroy ARDBOE

Derrylaughan v Coalisland 6pm Sun 8th Edendork  COALISLAND BUT NOT BY AS MANY AS PEOPLE THINK

Cookstown v An Charraig Mhor 8.30pm Fri 13th Omagh  CARRICKMORE SERIOUS CHALLENGERS THIS SEASON

Killyclogher v Moy 5.45pm Sat 14th Galbally POSSIBLY MOY

Clonoe v Omagh 3pm Sun 15th Dunmoyle TIE OF THE ROUND COULD BE A DRAW I THINK CLONOE

Dromore v Errigal Ciaran 6.15pm Sun 15th Carrickmore DROMORE EASY WINNERS

rrhf

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 03, 2013, 04:21:09 PM
Predictions?

Greencastle v Eglish 8.30pm Fri 6th Sept Omagh - Eglish by 2

Augher v Donaghmore 6pm Sat 7th Loughmacrory - Augher by 5

Trillick v Ardboe 6pm Sat 7th Pomeroy - draw

Derrylaughan v Coalisland 6pm Sun 8th Edendork - Coalisland by 8

Cookstown v An Charraig Mhor 8.30pm Fri 13th Omagh - cooks town by 3 shock of the day

Killyclogher v Moy 5.45pm Sat 14th Galbally - Moy by 6

Clonoe v Omagh 3pm Sun 15th Dunmoyle - Draw

Dromore v Errigal Ciaran 6.15pm Sun 15th Carrickmore - dromore by 4