Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 07, 2011, 02:11:15 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 07, 2011, 01:29:14 PM
I would say that the reasoning behind the playing of Reserve Championship games at Noon on Sunday with Eskra, Loughmacrory, Omagh and Coalisland playing in the Intermediate and Senior championship later that day is that anyone who is playing in the reserve game earlier that day is highly unlikely to be starting in the senior game later on. There might be one or two cases where a reserve championship player comes on as a sub in the Inter or Senior game later that day and in doing so disqualifies himself for the remainder of the reserve championship should they have progressed, so the overlap between the senior and reserve teams in all four clubs isn't going to be big. That's no excuse for any dual players though who may be playing in the hurling finals.

Reserve games shouldn't be played on same day as senior games it may only affect a few players but if you consider what is most likely going to happen in these games.
Senior manager will assess what personnel he'll need for senior champioship match i.e 2/3 from reserves he'll then not allow them to play in reserve game. This is unfair in two ways:
1. If the players are not used they are not getting any form of championship football
2. The reserve team will lose their 2/3 best players and spoil their chances of some silverware which they are as entitled to as their senior panel!

Games will be changed!

agree with you there Radda
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

randomtask

Ladbrokes:
Dromore vs Ardboe - (Tyrone SFC)   
4/7 - 15/2 - 13/8
Omagh vs Coalisland - (Tyrone SFC)   
8/11 - 13/2 - 11/8

Boylesports:   
Dromore v Ardboe
4/7 - 7/1 - 17/10
Coalisland v Omagh St Endas
6/4 - 13/2 - 4/6
Carrickmore St Colmcilles v Clonoe
8/15 - 7/1 - 9/5         
Moortown v Derrylaughan
13/8 - 13/2 - 8/13   

Willie Hill:
Dromore   v   Ardboe   
8/15 - 7/1 - 15/8
Omagh   v   Coalisland   
8/13 - 7/1 - 13/8
Carrickmore   v   Clonoe   
1/2 - 13/8 - 2/1
Derrylaughan   v   Moortown   
EVS - 7/1 - EVS

Highlighted is the best value price for each team

snippets

Omaghs playing Coalisland, do you think for one minute either team is thinking reseve championship.  Carrickmore are playing Clonoe - about the only two teams who ever bother to win the damn thing - does anyone think they will be holding back players to play reserve football.  The clue is in the name "reserves" - its a lower level of football for guys with no ambition to play senior football.   I know Id rather be selected on the bench for the senior championship than worrying about how a 40 year old fat hatchet man from Carmens going to mark me.  Catch yourselves on lads. 
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

randomtask

Quote from: snippets on September 07, 2011, 03:03:51 PM
Omaghs playing Coalisland, do you think for one minute either team is thinking reseve championship.  Carrickmore are playing Clonoe - about the only two teams who ever bother to win the damn thing - does anyone think they will be holding back players to play reserve football.  The clue is in the name "reserves" - its a lower level of football for guys with no ambition to play senior football.   I know Id rather be selected on the bench for the senior championship than worrying about how a 40 year old fat hatchet man from Carmens going to mark me.  Catch yourselves on lads.

I think you are completely wrong, ino loads of people both within my own club and others who take reserve football as serious as seniors. There are some great players playing reserve championship and it would mean a hell of alot for a team to win it. You obviously haven't seen or played much reserve football if you think you'll be marking a fat 40 year old hatchet man

blewuporstuffed

your talking about senior clubs though, where they are able to name tow completely separate squads.
this isnt the case for alot of intermediate clubs ,numbers wise, so they will end up having to have some fellas play the reserve game and then be on the bench for the seniors the same day
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

winghalfback

Are you talking about a junior team there a 40 year old fat hatchet man from carmen would not be the case as the top senior clubs in tyrone namely errigal ardboe carrickmore clonoe omagh and coalisland most years when they have the numbers see their reserve team as a spring board to their seniors they are normally younger lads just outta minors and more experienced men who just are not making seniors anymore. the reserve teams i have mentioned would beat most intermediate and junior senior teams in tyrone. and for the post earlier about who remembers who won the reserve championship last year it was clonoe they also won it in 07 and 08 when they won the senior championship errigal and carrickmore have also won it in recent years and coalisland and ardboe have all got to finals within the last 5 years i dont think any of these teams would be taking the reserve championship lightly.

Up The Middle

Probably one of the most arrogant posts i have read on here. You must have played at some level yourself to be coming out with muck like that.

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

snippets

I wouldnt be so sure.  Im from a school of thought that the senior championship should be promoted and dont let the lads settle for anything less,  before long they'll realise they can still take pints, see a lass on a Saturday night, win a medal on a Sunday and whilst its not seniors they can still say they play for their local town. Id do away with reserves, and just have 3rds teams.   

EC Unique

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on September 06, 2011, 12:28:06 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on September 06, 2011, 12:30:20 AM
I see in teamtalk mag Errigal are the favourites for the reserve chmpionship now. A good team some great young players on it but is it warranted several great teams still in with a shout
I've heard it all now- 'great' reserve teams in Tyrone club football ;D

:D  Just what we need. Another Reserve Championship. About as high up the list as another league title. ::)

Wee Roddy

I can remember Carrickmore playing reserve championship finals on a number of occasions the previous day to SFC games. Our club see the reserves as a higher standard than Juniors! All reserves are on the senior squad and the junior squad is made up of cubs who are not cutting it yet a few older men who either wont or cant give the commitment levels required to play senior football. Part of any teams (that is trying to win a championship) training is competitive in house games, therefore the stronger players (ie reserve players) play in them.
btw the are never any 40 year olds playing for our reserves!! and certainly no fat men either!!

snippets

Hi Roddy.  My feeling is that each club would line out just 1 or optionally 2 teams, 1 playing as the thirds are at the moment, capable of handling the Brockaghs, Fintonas and Dungannons of this world - the other being their main men.  That panel isnt entirely closed but a 3rds player can only play so many games for the seniors in a season if he improves to that level. In this way the junior championship beomes more competitive, the perennial laggers like Tattyreagh etc realise the need to pull up their socks as they're getting bate week in week out.  The players are all playing for a decent championship trophy.   Finally Roddy  I have seen fat 40 year olds playing for your seniors never mind your reserves.   

downatthemidda

what club do you represent snippets?

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 07, 2011, 04:49:11 PM
I can remember Carrickmore playing reserve championship finals on a number of occasions the previous day to SFC games. Our club see the reserves as a higher standard than Juniors! All reserves are on the senior squad and the junior squad is made up of cubs who are not cutting it yet a few older men who either wont or cant give the commitment levels required to play senior football. Part of any teams (that is trying to win a championship) training is competitive in house games, therefore the stronger players (ie reserve players) play in them.
btw the are never any 40 year olds playing for our reserves!! and certainly no fat men either!!

That is the approach we would have taken up until this year Roddy but now a lot of players see the thirds as the way to go if not making the senior team. Division 3 football is more competitive than winning most reserve games by a bag full. This year we have played a few boys well in their 40s (Pascal Canavan, Eamon Kavanagh, Eamon McCaffery, Hugh Quinn, all have featured) on the reserves so that palyers can stay on the 3rds panel. We also have minors playing reserve football which would not have happened before. The result is that our division 3 team is more competitive and the senior resesves are still doing OK. The only one to sort out now is our seniors :D

KIDDO 4

Omagh 1.13, Nmuire0.7, and Killyclogher 2.11,Eglish 2.10  in tonights grade 1  u16 league quarterfinals

winghalfback

Quote from: snippets on September 07, 2011, 06:14:26 PM
Hi Roddy.  My feeling is that each club would line out just 1 or optionally 2 teams, 1 playing as the thirds are at the moment, capable of handling the Brockaghs, Fintonas and Dungannons of this world - the other being their main men.  That panel isnt entirely closed but a 3rds player can only play so many games for the seniors in a season if he improves to that level. In this way the junior championship beomes more competitive, the perennial laggers like Tattyreagh etc realise the need to pull up their socks as they're getting bate week in week out.  The players are all playing for a decent championship trophy.   Finally Roddy  I have seen fat 40 year olds playing for your seniors never mind your reserves.   

what a crock of dung you speak snippets never heard the like of it i take it your on the wind up