Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aChairde

Quote from: winghalfback on September 05, 2011, 08:36:19 PM
Quote from: twenty one yard free on September 05, 2011, 08:33:35 PM
starting to sound like a speilburg movie here with talk of moortown winning a SFC
even if carlsberg did tyrone senior championships i dont think moortown would feature not this year anyway

if there was a like button id click it here lol

I fancy Moortown to beat derrylaughen fairly comfortably. Saw both teams playing against clonoe and moortown looked a whole lot better than Derrylaughen. Moortown also beat a slightly better team in the first round and have more class than Derrylaughen. I also think they have players to mark the girvans who are derrylaughens key players. St Malachys by 6.

Clonoe and carrickmore will be hugely interesting but I think will be a low scoring encounter. Clonoe have a very physical style that will be hard to break down although who else is better suited to that than carmen. Gonna go for clonoe by a single point.

Cant honestly see ardboe beating dromore. Dromore will be very well organised and have looked very consistant all year. Dromore are ageing somewhat and its always hard to tell whether ardboe will be sublime or ridiculous. Still, im gonna go for dromore by 4.

Omagh v Coalisland is very hard to call as we dont know who exactly is gonna take the field for the blues. Personally if the yanks are home id play them but its a tough call for mgt. I do think if omagh cut loose they cud win the whole thing so will go with them to win by 2.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: winghalfback on September 06, 2011, 03:35:58 PM
Radda on a serious not what are ye going to do this weekend to stop the one and only Jonny Lafferty by all the talk he could beat ye on his own he is that good a player.

He is a good player - very impressed with him in the league! We'll probably just do what we always do - Kick the clane f*ck out of him until he gives up and then try and tag on enough in the last 20 to win!    ;D ;D

winghalfback

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 06, 2011, 04:09:15 PM
Radda on a serious not what are ye going to do this weekend to stop the one and only Jonny Lafferty by all the talk he could beat ye on his own he is that good a player.

He is a good player - very impressed with him in the league! We'll probably just do what we always do - Kick the clane f*ck out of him until he gives up and then try and tag on enough in the last 20 to win!    ;D ;D

Nothing much changes then  ;D :P

KIDDO 4

Saturday 10th September 2011 @2.30pm
Power NI Reserve Junior Football Knockout
Tattyreagh V Brackaville

Sunday 11 September @ 12pm

Power NI Reserve Senior Football Knockout

Errigal Ciaran V Greencastle St Patrick's
Coalisland Fianna V Donaghmore St Patrick's
Moortown St Malachy's V Clonoe O'Rahilly's
Dromore St Dympna's V Cookstown FrRocks

Power NI Reserve Intermediate Football Knockout

Eskra Emmetts V Kildress Wolfe Tones
Augher St Macartan's V Loughmacrory St Teresa's
Aghyaran St Davogs V Gortin St Patrick's
Pomeroy Plunketts V Galbally Pearses

Power NI Reserve Junior Football Knockout
Fintona Na Piarsaigh V Dungannon Thomas Clarkes
Beragh Red Knights V Brockagh Emmetts
Errigal Ciaran lll V Drumquin Wolfe Tones

barelegs

Do the county board expect the Coalisland reserve team to play on Sunday afternoon when a good chunk of the team could be involved with the senior team that evening in Dunmoyle? Seems ridiculous to me. Same with Eskra and Loughmacrory

carmenabu

Quote from: barelegs on September 07, 2011, 12:31:03 AM
Do the county board expect the Coalisland reserve team to play on Sunday afternoon when a good chunk of the team could be involved with the senior team that evening in Dunmoyle? Seems ridiculous to me. Same with Eskra and Loughmacrory

It has been common practice over the years for the reserve championship to be played the day before a senior championship match, though playing the same day is a bit different.
The reserves are seen as a different team to the seniors but it is difficult to see how a senior manager would allow some of the players not making the starting 15 to play in another championship earlier in the day.  Tough one for both players and manger. 

nrico2006

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2011, 04:46:38 PM

Kildress and Urney in a "kick the sh*te out of each other on the pitch" championship match would be one that would attract me, thousands of others, cameras from both the BBC and UTV and at least half a dozen ambulances on standby.

I thought Urney had cleaned up their act.  Is that civil Lafferty (Ronan) playing or is he away? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 07, 2011, 08:52:01 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2011, 04:46:38 PM

Kildress and Urney in a "kick the sh*te out of each other on the pitch" championship match would be one that would attract me, thousands of others, cameras from both the BBC and UTV and at least half a dozen ambulances on standby.

I thought Urney had cleaned up their act.  Is that civil Lafferty (Ronan) playing or is he away?

Think its just a bit of banter! Both teams may have been nigglers in the past but I'd say it will be a good game of football on saturday evening!
The league game was a clean footballing afair!

MR99

I cant see them 2 games going ahead on Friday night, Omagh pitch not great at the best of times and weather has been atrocious and will be for the next few days.  Its a pity because it looks like being a good double header

Hashtag

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on September 06, 2011, 12:28:06 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on September 06, 2011, 12:30:20 AM
I see in teamtalk mag Errigal are the favourites for the reserve chmpionship now. A good team some great young players on it but is it warranted several great teams still in with a shout
I've heard it all now- 'great' reserve teams in Tyrone club football ;D

I heard Errigal held some boys off the seniors and sacraficed the senior championship in order to concentrate on the reserves.

winghalfback

I see the reserve championship is down to be played on sunday at 12 noon this surely is not the case as there are several clubs in all 3 divisions playing in sunday evening plus two hurling clubs who have lads playing football. This obviously is an oversight on behalf of the county board fixtures committee but is there any word on it being changed or is it a case that if clubs agree the match be played a different time the county board will agree it.

snippets

I wouldnt have thought so.  Any club with championship ambitions wouldnt entertain your loss of focus.  Championship for the club seniors is where its at.  Who remembers who won last years reserves.   
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

clarshack

johhny lafferty scored 3-9 against us at the weekend. we gave him plenty of room though. however he does look a class act and should be getting a runout in the mckenna cup at least.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: snippets on September 07, 2011, 01:14:42 PM
I wouldnt have thought so.  Any club with championship ambitions wouldnt entertain your loss of focus.  Championship for the club seniors is where its at.  Who remembers who won last years reserves.

I remember who won it last year and the year before, and the year before that  ;D ;D ;D
First on the field and last to leave

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 07, 2011, 01:29:14 PM
I would say that the reasoning behind the playing of Reserve Championship games at Noon on Sunday with Eskra, Loughmacrory, Omagh and Coalisland playing in the Intermediate and Senior championship later that day is that anyone who is playing in the reserve game earlier that day is highly unlikely to be starting in the senior game later on. There might be one or two cases where a reserve championship player comes on as a sub in the Inter or Senior game later that day and in doing so disqualifies himself for the remainder of the reserve championship should they have progressed, so the overlap between the senior and reserve teams in all four clubs isn't going to be big. That's no excuse for any dual players though who may be playing in the hurling finals.

Reserve games shouldn't be played on same day as senior games it may only affect a few players but if you consider what is most likely going to happen in these games.
Senior manager will assess what personnel he'll need for senior champioship match i.e 2/3 from reserves he'll then not allow them to play in reserve game. This is unfair in two ways:
1. If the players are not used they are not getting any form of championship football
2. The reserve team will lose their 2/3 best players and spoil their chances of some silverware which they are as entitled to as their senior panel!

Games will be changed!