Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: rrhf on August 30, 2011, 09:07:02 PM
Does anyone else think that the championship had a tame enough start in terms of crowds and drama.  Theres a few massive games in the next round, Id expect the quality and competitiveness to improve.

with the league being mostly finished up this weekend there's no distraction for teams or crowds, would expect interest to pick up.

does anyone know if quarter finals are drawn in two sections or is there to be a semi final draw. not counting any chickens here mind
First on the field and last to leave

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on August 30, 2011, 10:34:37 PM
Does anyone else think that the championship had a tame enough start in terms of crowds and drama.  Theres a few massive games in the next round, Id expect the quality and competitiveness to improve.

with the league being mostly finished up this weekend there's no distraction for teams or crowds, would expect interest to pick up.

does anyone know if quarter finals are drawn in two sections or is there to be a semi final draw. not counting any chickens here mind

last year the last four were in the hat!

Radda bout yeee

after watching the Carmen errigal game I think the standard of club football in Tyrone has dropped drastically which is understandable given the high level it was at for so many years!

EC Unique

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 30, 2011, 10:48:53 PM

after watching the Carmen errigal game I think the standard of club football in Tyrone has dropped drastically which is understandable given the high level it was at for so many years!

Have to agree. Compare it to a meeting of the 2 teams 10 years ago and there would be no comparison. Errigal of 10 years ago would walk the Tyrone Championship of today.

randomtask

Quote from: EC Unique on August 30, 2011, 11:09:43 PM

Have to agree. Compare it to a meeting of the 2 teams 10 years ago and there would be no comparison. Errigal of 10 years ago would walk the Tyrone Championship of today.

Of course there is no comparison as both teams are not the best in tyrone anymore.

rrhf

Quote from: randomtask on August 30, 2011, 11:16:38 PM

Of course there is no comparison as both teams are not the best in tyrone anymore.
Not letting you away with that ec.  10 years ago Peter dived to get a late free to scrap an undeseserved draw with Donaghmore, Paschal got Cush sent off and there was diving a plenty to get men sent off in  the replay.  Unless of course you are saying that that Donaghmore team if they had got bby Errigal would have won todays championship...    ;)

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2011, 10:31:39 AM

Not letting you away with that ec.  10 years ago Peter dived to get a late free to scrap an undeseserved draw with Donaghmore, Paschal got Cush sent off and there was diving a plenty to get men sent off in  the replay.  Unless of course you are saying that that Donaghmore team if they had got bby Errigal would have won todays championship...    ;)

Them grapes not sweet yet I see ;D   

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2011, 10:31:39 AM

Blashphemer! Everyone know's God does/did not dive!  ;)

bustsummoves

Tyrone Senior Club QFinals

Some really good games in store.

The Championship has got to kick of then because the games to date have being pretty poor for the viewer..

Bring i on

KIDDO 4

Friday 9th Sept @ Omagh
7pm                 Stewartstown V Augher
8.30pm            Dromore V Ardboe
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat 10 Sept @ Galbally
4:30pm            Drumquin v Derrytresk
6pm                 Errigal III v Brocagh

Sat 10th Sept @ Augher 
4.30pm            Killeeshil V Aghaloo
6pm                 Kildress V Urney

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 11th Sept @ Killyclogher
1.30pm            Eoghan Ruadh v Shamrocks
3pm                 Naomh Colmcille v Eire Og
 senior  hurling final, 
Sunday 11th Sept @ Dunmoyle
4:30pm            Loughmacrory V Eskra 
6pm                 Omagh v Coalisland
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 16th Sept @ Omagh
7pm            Beragh v Fintona
8:30pm       Carrickmore V Clonoe

Saturday 17th Sept @ Coalisland
4pm            Rock V Galbally
5.30pm       Moortown V Derrylaughan

Wee Roddy

Lads first rounds tend to be of a poor standard anyway do they not.
Regarding the Carrickmore v Errigal match, the Carmen lads know they under performed yet still got the result so its an ideal place for them to be in.
We always tend to Romanticise football of years ago. As Carrickmore won the championship 10 years ago, and in many peoples eyes, this years team is a better team, then i would suggest that they would have won it 10 years as well!! ;)

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 31, 2011, 01:56:51 PM
Lads first rounds tend to be of a poor standard anyway do they not.
Regarding the Carrickmore v Errigal match, the Carmen lads know they under performed yet still got the result so its an ideal place for them to be in.
We always tend to Romanticise football of years ago. As Carrickmore won the championship 10 years ago, and in many peoples eyes, this years team is a better team, then i would suggest that they would have won it 10 years as well!! ;)

are you telling the rest of us there's no point Clonoe or anyone else turning up Roddy??
First on the field and last to leave

downatthemidda

certainly not wheres. clonoe are very much respected in these quarters. i think it was the talk of errigal 10 years ago walking the championship {which carmen won} annoyed wee roddy. ps. i havnt heard from "gaelic" since his errigal have better footballers they will be up by 4 with 5 mins left spiel since the game....have u watched much league football??????

Radda bout yeee

If Clonoe beat Carmen I doubt if many knowledgable gaels would regard it as a shock - Clonoe going really well! It'll be tight!
Fancy Dromore for the championship this year though. Possibly Dromore v Omagh final.