Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

down lads playing championship this weekend

TYRONE HACK

2 points, some of the club games are a punishment, to watch, the lads will be playing plenty of football, some of these lads have been goin flat out with colleges from August last year, so in context these county minors not all minors have played club football until the end of the year, colleges and club  from September, colleges, minor trials and club Jan-Feb. colleges, club and minor Mar-April, club minor perhaps club under21, May -june-july
Tyrone minors won the Ulster championship yet it was a full two weeks before the management had all the players back at trainin. Good Prep or what

Zapatista

Quote from: TYRONE HACK on August 07, 2010, 10:10:54 AM
2 points, some of the club games are a punishment, to watch, the lads will be playing plenty of football, some of these lads have been goin flat out with colleges from August last year, so in context these county minors not all minors have played club football until the end of the year, colleges and club  from September, colleges, minor trials and club Jan-Feb. colleges, club and minor Mar-April, club minor perhaps club under21, May -june-july
Tyrone minors won the Ulster championship yet it was a full two weeks before the management had all the players back at trainin. Good Prep or what

It must have been better preperation than the Senior team had.

laceer

So you want all club football stopped until the minors are beat?is that what you're saying? Strange

Zapatista

Quote from: laceer on August 07, 2010, 12:02:00 PM
So you want all club football stopped until the minors are beat?is that what you're saying? Strange

Is that what who is saying?

laceer

Tyrone hack. Posting on my phone so can't quote

littleoak

Hearthe lads at the washingbay are none too happy with the county board fixtures comm they app had discussions with the powers that be to make sure no local fixtures would take place next Friday 13th as they have a major Fundraiser in the form of a boxing night involving up to 12 local clubs and have a substantial investment made, this app fell on deaf ears as three or four local clubs involved have res cship at 715 the same night , so much for the county helping out the clubs!!!They now have to alter the programme  to allow those clubs fighters to be on later. On a lighter note i see they have the parish preist fighting in it along with that wee rat Barry McElduff mla and a few grudge matches involving a few tight bucks around the loughshore shud be a decent night might head .

Gaffer

Quote from: littleoak on August 07, 2010, 01:27:44 PM
Hearthe lads at the washingbay are none too happy with the county board fixtures comm they app had discussions with the powers that be to make sure no local fixtures would take place next Friday 13th as they have a major Fundraiser in the form of a boxing night involving up to 12 local clubs and have a substantial investment made, this app fell on deaf ears as three or four local clubs involved have res cship at 715 the same night , so much for the county helping out the clubs!!!They now have to alter the programme  to allow those clubs fighters to be on later. On a lighter note i see they have the parish preist fighting in it along with that wee rat Barry McElduff mla and a few grudge matches involving a few tight bucks around the loughshore shud be a decent night might head .

Easy on there !!!  Wee Barry doesn't deserve that !!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: TYRONE HACK on August 07, 2010, 10:10:54 AM

So again. Why don't the rules be changed to reflect this then?
There is a 6 day rule (I think), so apply it. Club football has been pushed to one side due to Tyrone's run, and nowyouth football is suffering the same.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

loughshore lad

In hindsight it would certainly seem that from the perspective of senior football the inactivity in the club scene over June and July was of no real benefit to the county senior team.  I have heard and read in a few places where the opinion was expressed that the lack of football played by some of the squad players resulted in them not being sharp coming of the bench and you can see the merit in that argument.

Will the clubs voice their concerns about this in the coming months?  You would think they would, its hard enough to keep people happy when you are winning never mind exiting earlier than anticipated form the All Ireland series.

Is there any need for all this collective training at county level? 

Looking at the fact all the current all Ireland semi finalists came through the back door it would suggest its hard to ignore the fact a steady stream of games is more beneficial for a squad of players.  I have yet to hear of a player who prefers training to playing games.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 07, 2010, 11:28:04 PM
It's a simple decision.  If you want the minors to have the best chance of winning a competition then they should not play for their clubs before the SF.  The management have their own ideas on players, their positions for the county and the method of playing for the county.  By going back to the clubs these lads will have to assume much different roles and to work with managers with different methods and ideas.  This will be detrimental to the county team's prospects.  If the county wants to have an AI title the price to be paid is the minors remaining with the county setup.  However, by now the 20 team players are well known and the remainder should be allowed to get some football with their clubs. 

It's all about what is valued by clubs.  The young lads have no option and are beck and call of both managements. It is all too easy for them to fall between two stools and end up with a missed opportunity of achieving an important once in a lifetime football title. Only young the players will lose out.

Listen, I'd love to see the Tyrone seniors and minors win their respective All Irelands, provincial Championships, and leagues every year. Therefore put plans in place for this (If that's what the democratic want is).

Senior footballers get 13 days before Championship games, and minors get 6. That's what was agreed upon at the start of the year. So why can't it be stuck to?

People might argue that point more fervently now that Tyrone are in the semi final, so make the rules for this proviso. In other words keep to the 13 day/ 6 day ruling, but add that for All Ireland semi finals and finals the ruling is increased to 20 days and 13 days.

As stated I'd love to see Tyrone sweep the boards every year, but not at a cost to Club football, and that's what is happening now.

I take it none of the Tyrone minors are lining out for the clubs this weekend?

Radda bout yeee

As far as i'm concerned this is all bull! I've said it for years now. Continue with all club foootball programmes and take the weekend off on the weekend the match is played. It would keep everyone sharp and get club football cleared up early! whats the point having a squad of somewthing like 38 when you can't compensate for an injury or two? Fair play to down who have a great history, and the weekend after they get to their first semi final since 94 what do they do? play the senior championship and wee james just keeps his fingers crossed! it wouldn't happen in the tyrone dictatorship. You never know more football for down key players may help them on!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 08, 2010, 12:58:08 PM
As far as i'm concerned this is all bull! I've said it for years now. Continue with all club foootball programmes and take the weekend off on the weekend the match is played. It would keep everyone sharp and get club football cleared up early! whats the point having a squad of somewthing like 38 when you can't compensate for an injury or two? Fair play to down who have a great history, and the weekend after they get to their first semi final since 94 what do they do? play the senior championship and wee james just keeps his fingers crossed! it wouldn't happen in the tyrone dictatorship. You never know more football for down key players may help them on!

Almost totally agree. I think that the only tweek on that would be that the seniors have the weekend before an All Ireland/ Ulster game off. Outside of that, play on, including holiday periods.

ceol agus peil

Sent from my iphone

ceol agus peil

Are there any club games on tonight?
Sent from my iphone