Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maco

Re Junior Championship - last weeks fixtures statement said the there was a round of league games being played on Friday 25th June, so I would be assuming that all Junior Championship games fixed for that weekend are now off.

KIDDO 4

Junior championship will be played over the period July1st toJuly 4th.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on June 04, 2010, 10:28:39 PM
Sorry news in Clonoe today of the passing of Bernadette Corr today. Mother of senior panellist Gerard Corr and former player Sean Corr.

Should that not warrant the game being postponed? I assume the funeral is on Sunday and it is not like an All Ireland final where legistically it really couldn't be. 

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: tyroneboi on June 04, 2010, 11:52:59 PM
Norf maybe you will know this - is the Junior championship still on for the weekend of the 25th June? Or has it been postponed as well?

Back a week from I know Boi.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gaffer

Quote from: hardstation on June 05, 2010, 12:20:29 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 05, 2010, 12:18:45 AM
Sorry news in Clonoe today of the passing of Bernadette Corr today. Mother of senior panellist Gerard Corr and former player Sean Corr.

Should that not warrant the game being postponed? I assume the funeral is on Sunday and it is not like an All Ireland final where legistically it really couldn't be.
Thinking that myself. I'd be surprised if the game goes ahead.
RIP

I'm hearig that Clonoe asked the County Board for a postponement but were refused!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Gaffer on June 05, 2010, 01:13:38 PM

RIP

I'm hearig that Clonoe asked the County Board for a postponement but were refused!

game is definitely going ahead, dont know if any request was made but im sure it was.

rumour has it the county board need the game to go ahead as they badly need the money
First on the field and last to leave

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Gaffer on June 05, 2010, 01:13:38 PM

RIP

Please tell me that is not true and county board hasn't sunk this far. though there is no doubt they wanted this game to go ahead for the money sure weren't for any regard for club football.

Zapatista

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 05, 2010, 02:27:14 PM

Please tell me that is not true and county board hasn't sunk this far. though there is no doubt they wanted this game to go ahead for the money sure weren't for any regard for club football.

I would take that rumour with a pinch of salt. The money will still be there regardless. Unless they have planned for a draw or something ???

longrunsthefox

Yip- Clonoe did ask but were turned down. Not sure what the official rule is on this though after 13 day carry-on 'rules' are merely discretionary with county board these days. 

orangeman

All county boards are hard pressed for cash at the minute and I'd say for sure that Tyrone are no different.

I'd like to know IF Clonoe asked for a postponement a. what was their reason for this request and b. what the answer was that they got.

I personally couldn't see any county board saying "you can't postpone the match, we need the money from the big gate that is anticiapated !".

If Clonoe did in fact ask for a postponement it is a pity and a source of regret that they didn't get it. On a human level their reason would it seem to me to be more deserving than the reason why other matches involving county players were postponed which has dominated this thread as past week or so.

wheres he takin er from

The calm before the storm..........

Any team news folks???

Ps thank jaysus sludden had the chance to destroy Armagh v Monaghan and not our match tonight
First on the field and last to leave

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on June 06, 2010, 03:54:19 PM

Any team news folks???

Ps thank jaysus sludden had the chance to destroy Armagh v Monaghan and not our match tonight

What's the throw in times for the two games in Dungannon this evening?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Gaffer

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on June 06, 2010, 05:40:18 PM

Any team news folks???

6 and 1/2 7
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Gaffer on June 06, 2010, 05:43:23 PM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on June 06, 2010, 05:40:18 PM

Any team news folks???

6 and 1/2 7

Frig it. Gonna head to Dungannon now for it. Should be craic.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

new devil