Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: orangeman on May 24, 2010, 11:30:15 PM
Quote from: rrhf on May 24, 2010, 09:03:58 PM
If they put off some of the games they need to put off all of the games.  Some first rounds being played one month and the others the next month or two severely disadvantages the clubs who are defeated.  it sets boys up for the American holiday.

I'd agree with that.

Any outcome of the meeting tonight ?

I thnk you can put your shirt on Erigal-Cookstown being off and Omaqh-Moy... some load of county players in those two games and Dromore with all their county players. So much for 13 day rule or watever it is  ::). Was really looking forward to good solid club championship action instead of the world coming to a standstill for the Tyrone team again.   

Zapatista

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 25, 2010, 12:01:50 AM
I thnk you can put your shirt on Erigal-Cookstown being off and Omaqh-Moy... some load of county players in those two games and Dromore with all their county players. So much for 13 day rule or watever it is  ::). Was really looking forward to good solid club championship action instead of the world coming to a standstill for the Tyrone team again.   

That would really piss a lot of people off.

tyroneboi

What about Coalisland-Clonoe? Surely they would go ahead with that game and not hold it up for the sake of a 3rd choice goalkeeper? The whole thing is a total mess by the sounds of it!

longrunsthefox

Dunno what would happen there. Is there any point in playing a few games in the first round and the others being cancelled to God knows when. Talk of playing them after the Ulster semi-final is no use as we were already promised dates and times after Antrim game. What happens if Harte stops it again if they win the semi-final. Lads have their holidays booked around all this too. A mess. We're being let down here terribly.   

KIDDO 4

Dromore            11/4                                                      
Ardboe            9/2                                                      
Errigal Ciaran            9/2                                                      
Carrickmore            13/2                                                      
Omagh St Endas            15/2                                                      
Clonoe            8                                                      
Coalisland            8                                                      
Moy            20               Boyle Sports prices                                       
Killyclogher            33                                                      
Trillick St Macartans            33                                                      
Kildress            33                                                      
Cookstown            33                                                      
Donaghmore            33                                                      
Galbally Pearses            33                                                      
Aghyaran St Davogs            33                                                      
Greencastle            33                                                

randomtask

has anyone confirmed this yet? shows a complete disrespect to your average club footballer who has put the in the big effort during the last number of weeks and stayed of the drink. not good enough from the county board!

nothingbettertobeat

County Board is joke they Could'nt Run a bath the lot of them!
all their interested in is puttng the arm in when it comes to GAA within the county. Joke set up not a bit of wonder when our Club Teams win the Championship in tyrone they normally bow out at first hurdle in Ulster cause they we wrecked after playing the tyrone championship of in the space of 3 weeks when up to their knees in mud, on top of everything even player safety goes out the window good weather like that there should be no reason why games should not be played,a Club footballer in Tyrone is probably worse treated than an u10 blitz player!!!! least they know when half there games is!!!
people have fixed weddings, stag doo's , and even players working in england have all made arrangements due to the draft they were given a few weeks back, people have already paid for flights so they can save money by booking early!!... will they be compensated for this change by the CB? id hardly think so....these men are in cuckoo land!!.. they dont realise how the other half is living?
there shoulda been a plan in place for if tyrone were to beat antrim in the championship on sunday past when the fixtures were announced that they'd be moved depending on the success of the tyrone senior team in that game. i my opinion the only way to cure this is a club players strike within the county maybe then they will realise the demise of the club footballers and club football within the county!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

randomtask

agree completely with you, something really has to be done about this situation. its just not good enough to publish the fixtures and then call them of, im guessing there will be no apology or explanation from the county board

wheres he takin er from

it'll never happen, infact recipe for rows galore. but what would stop the clubs due to meet in the championship playing ahead anyway in a "friendly fixture". Of course the CB wouldn't acknowledge the result, but if the losing team didn't show for the "official game" then the result would effectively stand.

also more importantly the two clubs could pocket the money from a massive gate and the CB would get sweet FA, which would be hitting them where it really hurts.

only an idea, so dont jump down my throat. its really a break away Tyrone Premier League I'm proposing :) :-)
First on the field and last to leave

MR99

I think we are all pre-empting the decision tonight, you never know maybe the CCC will have grown a firm set of b***s and finally stand up to the Messiah and say they have to go ahead!  Well its wishful thinking at least, when decision is made tonight if Messiah is not happy he will probably demand a meeting then with the heads of the County Committee which will leave us in limbo for another few days.

In any case it will all help distract from the fact that he will still start Davey in the semi final after yet another inept performance at the expense of some of the younger players.

EC Unique

Seems to becoming fashionable to be on Davey's back at present. He was not up to his usual standards in the League but I thought he had a reasonable game on Sunday. You lot have short memories, not so long since he was the most consistant player on the team and lifting all-star award. I think he has earned the right to find his top form in summer Championship football. If he finds it again he would be a extremely useful, experienced player.

kicking king

Quote from: EC Unique on May 25, 2010, 11:44:54 AM
Seems to becoming fashionable to be on Davey's back at present. He was not up to his usual standards in the League but I thought he had a reasonable game on Sunday. You lot have short memories, not so long since he was the most consistant player on the team and lifting all-star award. I think he has earned the right to find his top form in summer Championship football. If he finds it again he would be a extremely useful, experienced player.

There is no doubt that Davy has been Mr consistency in the past and possibly could be again in the future.  But to say he had a reasonable game on Sunday is taking your club allegiance to the limit.  He was very poor, didnt look up to the pace.  Perhaps he was very badly affected by the heat but he should have been called ashore a lot earlier than he was.  Basing it purely on form he should not be in the starting 15 at present

rrhf

I think that its sad that club championship activities could be postponed this next 2 weeks.  However I can understand Hartes actions if he deems them neccessary and would give guarded support for the good of the county.  What should not be tolerated would be a split month or two of matches ie some first rounds played this week and others played in a month or two, creating a disadvantaged situation for the affected this weekend.  All on or all off is the only way, a round of double headers will easily address the situation when the matches are deemed playable.  Think of the implications for the beaten first round teams in league football with some players considering the states etc.  The county board need to give the clubs need every opportunity to hold onto their talent for as long as possible against considerable other options instead of eliminating them as soon as thye possibly can.  All off or all on  gives a level playing field.   

MR99

Quote from: rrhf on May 25, 2010, 05:06:40 PM
I think that its sad that club championship activities could be postponed this next 2 weeks.  However I can understand Hartes actions if he deems them neccessary and would give guarded support for the good of the county.  What should not be tolerated would be a split month or two of matches ie some first rounds played this week and others played in a month or two, creating a disadvantaged situation for the affected this weekend.  All on or all off is the only way, a round of double headers will easily address the situation when the matches are deemed playable.  Think of the implications for the beaten first round teams in league football with some players considering the states etc.  The county board need to give the clubs need every opportunity to hold onto their talent for as long as possible against considerable other options instead of eliminating them as soon as thye possibly can.  All off or all on  gives a level playing field.
I agree with you to an extent but dont know where the 'guarded support' will come from, it certainly wont be from any decent club supporter or player.  ALL ON is the only fair and sensbile option or else we will be back in the situation of teams cramming in three or 4 championship games in September or October and then being knackered when the Ulster Club comes round.

maximus

Any word on what was decided at meeting last night regarding championship?