Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: usa07 on November 15, 2009, 05:42:46 PM
gary reiily had an excellent trial as had deoin gallagher does any1 know were this guy is from? cookstown maybe?

hardly from Cookstown as they had a big game today.

tyrone86

Never heard how the trial went but among the lads supposed to be invited were; Niall McKenna, Gavin Teague, Ronan McNabb, Petey Harte, Kevin Mossey, Niall Kerr, Peter Hughes, Colin Harkin, Mickey O'Neill and Ciaran Donnelly. There probably are more, thats all I heard.

tyrone86

Quote from: littleoak on November 15, 2009, 04:26:25 PM
Norf def not on the wind, it really does get my gander up when things start to resemble a dictatorship has a club not yhe right to protect its own financial welfare and survival before having to hand out hard found money to the ever increasing begging bowl of the county board . Maybe if the clubs were given a bit of help from the c boards with ref to insurance etc affiliation fees are a joke ! What are we getting for this affiliation , zippo why can these affiliation fees not be a token gesture of £1 per member instead of the extortionate £1000s . Maybe someone can also answer this question , why is t that all half time draws in omagh always go to the Omagh club , if this "our" county ground why not rotate the thing and give every club a half time draw at a big match in omagh even once every couple of years?
Omagh dont have to run big fundraisers or struggle to maintain teir pitches or worry if their facilities are up to scratch because alls done for them one law for one. If Croke  park handed the money direct to the clubs based via their membership to establish what they are entitled to maybe then  the clubs would be in a healthier position to donate to the county cause instead of at the end of a loaded gun.

You mightn't be on the wind up, but you clearly have no concept of reality. Every club in the country has to pay affiliation fees - if you don't pay them you don't get taking part. What do you get from these affiliation fees? How about over 100 games between all the teams in the club. I'd be curious to hear a realistic reason as to why the county board should subsidise teams taking part in competitions, or clubs insuring their own facilities?

bigfrank

Some of the players that trialed today for sure

mark donnelly
martin mc keown
ronan mc nabb
shane mallon
aiden mc elroy
kyle coney
niall mc kenna
peter hughes
gavin teague was there but injured so didnt play
peter harte
ciaran mc ginley
colly harkin
matty donnelly

omagh_gael

Quote from: bigfrank on November 15, 2009, 09:12:59 PM
Some of the players that trialed today for sure

mark donnelly
martin mc keown
ronan mc nabb
shane mallon
aiden mc elroy
kyle coney
niall mc kenna
peter hughes
gavin teague was there but injured so didnt play
peter harte
ciaran mc ginley
colly harkin
matty donnelly

According to these lads It seemed that Martin Mc Keown was very unlikely to take any part in the county set-up. Anyone from round ardboe know the story here that he did attend county trials?
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=12.14835

bigfrank

100% sure martin mc keown played full back today in the trial game........ FACT

tyrone86

Someone is taking the piss with at least one name on that list, whether it's bigfrank or Mickey Harte.

bigfrank

everyone of those players played in todays trial in trillick,that is 100% fact,pm me with name if u want???

tyrone86

Quote from: bigfrank on November 15, 2009, 10:16:45 PM
everyone of those players played in todays trial in trillick,that is 100% fact,pm me with name if u want???

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it. One of them wasn't even in the top 30 footballers in their respective championship for the last 2 years so I fail to see the logic in giving him a county trial.

On another note, and it wasn't him I was referring to, what age is Shane Mallon - he must be 27 or 28 - he was a county minor about 10 years ago if I'm not mistaken.

bigfrank

Shane Mallon was a tyrone minor in 2000,scored 1-3 in ulster final i think against derry. I too can assure you all those players were involved 2day,niall mc kenna had flu thou and didnt play. not sure wat player u are referring too but could make a stab at it :)

littleoak

[
You mightn't be on the wind up, but you clearly have no concept of reality. Every club in the country has to pay affiliation fees - if you don't pay them you don't get taking part. What do you get from these affiliation fees? How about over 100 games between all the teams in the club. I'd be curious to hear a realistic reason as to why the county board should subsidise teams taking part in competitions, or clubs insuring their own facilities?
[/quote]
Tyrone 86 you seem to be a fountain of knowledge you tell me could all of the 100 games you speak of not be run with a token affiliation fee as oppose to the big money? I dont hear your explanation as to why any club in tyrone couldnt have a run at the half time draw in omagh etc.
Its easy to be a big " we have to support the empire fan" but i havent got a clue how to provide funding for young pat and ann to have the same facilities and chance as the "elite" player explain the difference?

tyrone86

Quote from: littleoak on November 15, 2009, 10:39:51 PM
Tyrone 86 you seem to be a fountain of knowledge you tell me could all of the 100 games you speak of not be run with a token affiliation fee as oppose to the big money? I dont hear your explanation as to why any club in tyrone couldnt have a run at the half time draw in omagh etc.
Its easy to be a big " we have to support the empire fan" but i havent got a clue how to provide funding for young pat and ann to have the same facilities and chance as the "elite" player explain the difference?

Your club affiliation fee goes towards a whole range of things that are required for the basic running of the games in the county. It is a whole host of little things and they soon add up to a big amount. It's a necessary evil. All clubs have to pay them. When it comes to your club AGM, ask the Treasurer to see what the Affiliation fees are for and I'm sure he/she will be happy to oblige. The insurance issue, which tends to be even bigger money if you are providing more than the basic games facilities is a different issue. Clubs that have a social club tend to get screwed because of the liability that comes with having one.

As for the Omagh half time draw thing,  Omagh still own Healy Park.That's the basic fact. There's a serious amount of issues I have with the way the County Board handle St Endas with kid gloves and let them take the piss with a whole series of things but that's a difference argument and not one I'd be prepared to have on a public forum. But even accepting your premise for half time draws it's completely infeasible. Omagh hosted 3 National League games and maybe half a dozen  club championship double headers over the course of the year. For argument sake, we'll say 10. It would take every club in the county 5 years to get a rattle at a half time draw. Then you have the argument of who gets what games - a National League game v Kerry is bound to be more lucrative to a club than a Junior double header and you get accusations of favouritism.

As for the young Ann and Pat argument - I can't see where you're coming from. Ann and Pat, no matter whether they're from Ardboe or Urney, will have access to Garvaghy through U8/10 blitzes, primary school blitzes, playing for school teams, playing for the club in the Og Sport, Development squads, vocational schools and all other county sides. But if you're referring to facilities in the club, clubs want to improve their facilities and bring them up to higher standards they'll do it the way it has traditionally been done. The volunteers will still drive the roads, knock the doors and put the hours in trying to shift £20 tickers because it directly effects them, their kids, their community. They'll still sit into the night looking at and fine tuning their application for the grants. With due respect, how is this going to on a bigger scale at county level? You'll still have the Mark Conway's and John O'Neill's to do the latter for the grants - but I can't envision a mass effort of ticket selling around the country from people who are essentially club volunteers. Garvaghy has to be paid for, it may seem extravagant or grandiose now and clubs may not like having to pay for it when things are so tight, but it sets the county up well for the future. Even most of the small clubs have 200 members, an extra £5 a head levy on the members pays a clubs yearly contribution to Garvaghy. Or even better, stick 3 quid on every county match ticket you sell, people who should have no objection to putting their hand in their pocket for the county, and you'll not be long getting your Garvaghy contribution back - and more on top of it.

But regardless, I just hope they consign that "T" shaped building to the dustbin.

Hereiam

Can't see that building been built in that form. But I hope they don't just put up a square shed.

Tommo2

I was really pleased that the leagues finished early this year and fair play to the County Board for the way the leagues ran this year. However, the past few weeks without any club football, bar the couple of Ulster club matches has left me a bit empty. When are the championship draws made again. At least then, we will have something to talk about and aim for.

This thread is also crap during off-season. Any good scandal out there??? Don't really want to be talking about the shape of a building at Garvaghy.

littleoak

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 15, 2009, 11:41:55 PM
Quote from: littleoak on November 15, 2009, 10:39:51 PM

Your club affiliation fee goes towards a whole range of things that are required for the basic running of the games in the county. It is a whole host of little things and they soon add up to a big amount. It's a necessary evil. All clubs have to pay them. When it comes to your club AGM, ask the Treasurer to see what the Affiliation fees are for and I'm sure he/she will be happy to oblige. The insurance issue, which tends to be even bigger money if you are providing more than the basic games facilities is a different issue. Clubs that have a social club tend to get screwed because of the liability that comes with having one.

As for the Omagh half time draw thing,  Omagh still own Healy Park.That's the basic fact. There's a serious amount of issues I have with the way the County Board handle St Endas with kid gloves and let them take the piss with a whole series of things but that's a difference argument and not one I'd be prepared to have on a public forum. But even accepting your premise for half time draws it's completely infeasible. Omagh hosted 3 National League games and maybe half a dozen  club championship double headers over the course of the year. For argument sake, we'll say 10. It would take every club in the county 5 years to get a rattle at a half time draw. Then you have the argument of who gets what games - a National League game v Kerry is bound to be more lucrative to a club than a Junior double header and you get accusations of favouritism.

As for the young Ann and Pat argument - I can't see where you're coming from. Ann and Pat, no matter whether they're from Ardboe or Urney, will have access to Garvaghy through U8/10 blitzes, primary school blitzes, playing for school teams, playing for the club in the Og Sport, Development squads, vocational schools and all other county sides. But if you're referring to facilities in the club, clubs want to improve their facilities and bring them up to higher standards they'll do it the way it has traditionally been done. The volunteers will still drive the roads, knock the doors and put the hours in trying to shift £20 tickers because it directly effects them, their kids, their community. They'll still sit into the night looking at and fine tuning their application for the grants. With due respect, how is this going to on a bigger scale at county level? You'll still have the Mark Conway's and John O'Neill's to do the latter for the grants - but I can't envision a mass effort of ticket selling around the country from people who are essentially club volunteers. Garvaghy has to be paid for, it may seem extravagant or grandiose now and clubs may not like having to pay for it when things are so tight, but it sets the county up well for the future. Even most of the small clubs have 200 members, an extra £5 a head levy on the members pays a clubs yearly contribution to Garvaghy. Or even better, stick 3 quid on every county match ticket you sell, people who should have no objection to putting their hand in their pocket for the county, and you'll not be long getting your Garvaghy contribution back - and more on top of it.

But regardless, I just hope they consign that "T" shaped building to the dustbin.

tyrone 86 I am starting to suspect your real identity ............Pat Darcy? ;D