Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

anyone have any reports from the intermediate games yesterday?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Goats Do Shave

Decent enough assessment there - aroundincircles  apart from - 
Quotejordan pulled to the ground and would not let go

It was clear that the big blonde 14 (Doris?) had Jordan in a sleeper lock!

Final Whistle

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on April 06, 2009, 03:44:14 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on April 06, 2009, 01:04:44 PM
Quote from: aroundincircles on April 05, 2009, 08:06:18 PM
Quote from: Redhandfan on April 05, 2009, 07:24:12 PM
There was plenty of drama and incident in Clonoe today for the meeting of the current County Senior champions and the 2008 Division Two league winners.  Philly Jordan scored a late equalising point for the Moy in a passionate encounter, although a draw was the least we deserved having come from five points down at one stage in the first half.  We had enough chances to win this game but, considering we were up against the O'Neill Cup holders in their own back yard, we will settle for a point!

Next up for the Moy....a meeting with Coalisland at Pairc Thír na nÓg on Easter Tuesday.
Draw prob fair result after that bit of a row sludden was not going to let it finish any other way. plus the main man who started the row got off scotfree.

Good to see that the Cassidy influence still emanating around Clonoe. With the amount of stamping incidents yesterday I thought it was not Clonoe players but Barry McGolderick on the field! I believe the county board should review security had this venue, no protection for referee or players!
Tommy Conlon, Ryan Mellon and the Clonoe No.5 the pick of the players in a highly entertaining encounter.

aroundincircles is spot on in his assessment of the things that really got up the noses of our supporters and players yesterday.
BTW Final Whistle you are one ass, what has cassidy got to do with yesterday. A hateful shit sturrer you are! You slabbered on here last year trying to tell all on sundry, who would listen to your inept knowledge, that Clonoe would not win the c'ship.

Mistaken identity, not once did I comment on the destination of the o'neill cup and was delighted to see it head east.

three years ago we played clonoe and drew with them at home while we were beat by three in the return in clonoe.

On each occasion we have played clonoe previously I never witnessed the cynicism of the half back to half forward line. The video will prove or disprove it but i would say 90% of clonoe's indiscretions came between the two 45s.

But here, we went home happy. a point away to the county champions is a point earned! hard earned but earned to say the least!

ps. there were a lot more than 2 incidents of this around in circles.

aroundincircles

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 06, 2009, 03:59:22 PM
Decent enough assessment there - aroundincircles  apart from - 
Quotejordan pulled to the ground and would not let go

It was clear that the big blonde 14 (Doris?) had Jordan in a sleeper lock!
To me both where guilty not just one party.But after watching the video philly jordan would not let doris get back up again when they hit the floor he tried and was pulled down again. I am not protesting innocence here on our behalf the TWO players where wrong and our sub. But how we got punished for it and moy did not was the main point of our anger after the game sludden kept too not punishing the county player routine but he nailled the standard club player with pleasure wild frustrating. County players except they will get preferential treatment sometimes that comes with the name but they are not beyond the rules like everybody else on the field.By the way the language of both sets of supporters yesterday was disgusting.

aroundincircles

I do not or i would like to think stamping will  be condoned in our club it is not something we have a history off, thank god and i hope these incidents or off isolation. But time will tell. But the huffing and puffing will probaly continue and frustrate in the future as much as it has in the past. Good luck to you's in the mean time.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Final whistle, I have read your posts and I have messed up, I have got the wrong man. Hands up, my mistake. I take it all back. :( ;D

aroundincircles

i meant to say we DONT have a history off(STAMPING)

Final Whistle

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on April 06, 2009, 04:19:50 PM
Final whistle, I have read your posts and I have messed up, I have got the wrong man. Hands up, my mistake. I take it all back. :( ;D

You actually had we worried, going back and checking my own posts.lol, no worries. apology accepted.

I enjoyed yesterdays game immensely. hard hitting and going for it with not one man holding back. IMO clonoe were expecting a facile victory and didnt like it when the Moy didnt go along with the script.

i feared a tanking yesterday and was pleasantly surprised! Didnt enjoy walking to the car park were we were left with no doubt by the home support that we werent welcome.

supersarsfields

The Castlederg Drumragh game was a frustrating game on our side of things. We had went 6 points up in the first half with a decent wind behind us but then Castlederg got a man sent of. So things were looking good going into the second half.
Start of the second half saw the Derg get a goal which brought them back into things. But shortly after this another Castlederg man receive the line but to be fair to them they really raised the game after this and got it to within two points of ourselves with only minutes to go. Then they popped up with another goal to put us one down with very little time left. But we managed to claw back the equalising point to leave it at a draw.
Wasn't the start we were hoping for but as mentioned before this is going to be a tight Division.
Have to note the Dregish result aswell. Fair play to them, especially when travelling up to the hill. 

KIDDO 4

Saturday 11th April 2009
Res: 2.15pm, Sen: 3.45pm
Kildress v Donaghmore

O'Neills ACFL Division 1: Tuesday 14th April 2009
Res: 5.00pm, Sen: 6.30pm
Aghyaran v An Charraig Mhor
Errigal Ciaran v Eglish
Galbally v Dromore
Killyclogher v Trillick
Loughmacrory v Clonoe
Moy v Coalisland
Omagh v Ardboe

O'Neills ACFL Division 2: Tuesday 14th April 2009
Strabane v Eskra
Clann na nGael v Augher
Killyman v Moortown
Cookstown v Edendork
Pomeroy v Killeeshil
Rock v Greencastle
Stewartstown v Gortin
Urney v Derrylaughan

O'Neills ACFL Division 3: Tuesday 14th April 2009
Clogher v Castlederg
Dregish v Brockagh
Drumragh v Brackaville
Drumquin v Beragh
Errigal Ciaran III v Aghaloo
ER O'Neills v Dungannon
Fintona v Newtownstewart
Glenelly v Tattyreagh
Bye: Derrytresk

aroundincircles

listen lads i will apologise for some of our supporters who do not represent the real gaa and rational thinking  people we have around us, every club has this element come the summer we probably wont see them at a game  and i do appreciate the grief and preferential treatment county players get from other players i played with kevin mccabe for 12 or 13 years and seen first hand the grief he took nasty to say the least at times but he never lost his cool in 20 odd years in playing for our club and was victim of some horrendous verbal and physical abuse(just like todays county players) in a time when football was to say the least was a lot more contact sport than now was  only booked once in his full club career. I agree with the fact that moys county players got fouled a lot yesterday that is part and partial of the game those who have the ball the most stand the chance of getting fouled the most. It was there reactions when they got a foul blew against them is what i am talking about. The ref must take a huge parentage of the blame by letting a stuff go from both sides. To be fair to him i suppose it was not an easy game refereed.

ps.. We never took a win for granted we knew moy with all full team would be hard work for us with a few missing( not that would have mattered) i was very happy with the draw considering for the first ten minutes of the second half moy should have had about 4 or 5 scores.

Final Whistle

Fair enough, we have them too.

Good luck in the defence of the o'neill cup.

Drumanee 1

ahmm that would have been me mucker :-[

Final Whistle

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on April 06, 2009, 05:18:33 PM

ahmm that would have been me mucker :-[

Free The Moy One!!!

ONeill

Reserve football title in Division 3 is the one everyone wants this year
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.