A little prayer asked.

Started by Bud Wiser, March 21, 2009, 05:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

A few weeks ago I told the joke about the lad down home who drove a council truck through the front door of the antique shop in Main St and how one night someone pointed over at SuperValu when they were outside the pub having a smoke. They saiid "Micko got five grand for five minutes work when he opened that place"  and  Johnny who had crashed the truck said "Well see the place beside it, I opened it one morning at half eight and got f all for it"

Well Johnny who happens to be a nephew of mine had a bad accident on the morning of St Patricks day.  He remains in a coma in Beaumount Hospital where his condition remains unchanged since that time. Johnny, his brother and father are true gaels all having hurled for their club and who are active members today.   So, if ye are going to mass tomorow or if you are not going to mass tomorrow please say a little prayer to whoever you pray to that Johnny will come back to us.  Thanks.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

INDIANA

Very sorry to hear that Bud - I hope he recovers Bud. Makes all of our debates in the past weeks seem totally irrelevent in that context. I'll say a prayer for him.

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Will do.  Sorry to hear that bud.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

My prayers will be with him Bud. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery.
Testing Accessibility

nifan

terrible news altogether. Hope he makes it.
Last year a friend of my in laws had a terrible accident that left him in   a coma that was thankfully short. Some months later he managed to make a short visit to our wedding with the aid of crutches and a neck brace. On Monday I am glad to report he attended the in laws party and looked in great shape.

I sincerely hope in ahead you will have a similar story. Keep the chon up he will hopefully be in a position to need a lot of help soon

corn02

Prayer said, hoepfully it works out Bud.

cornerback

Very sorry to hear that bud.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved.

Oraisteach

magickingdom

will do that bud, hopefully he makes a full recovery

Farrandeelin

Me too Bud. I hope he makes a full recovery and is back and able to drive soon.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Beaumont Hospital is the best possible place to be if one has a neurological problem of any sort. Believe me, Johnny cannot be in safer hands. I know what I am talking (writing?) about.
Just three years ago I suffered a massive brain haemorrhage without any sort of warning.
I was blessed that some friends found me lying on the road and called an ambulance and I was lucky also that I was taken to Beaumont.I was so badly affected that my relations were told to get to see me at once as my time on Earth was definitely limited.
But luck was on my side as Beaumont's neurological department is a world leader in all manner of neurogical trauma.
A team there, led by Chris Pigeon, had just pioneered the technique of coiling, a procedure used to repair torn arteries without the need to use invasive surgery.
Within three weeks I was released from hospital and was able,  more or less, to resume a normal life style.
The point I am making is that I would not have pulled through if I didn't live close to Beaumont Hospital and if the place didn't have the technology and expertise to deal with my aneurysm promptly.
Believe me, Bud, I know what happened to Johnny is a tragedy but if anyone can help him, it will be one of the neurosurgeons at Beaumont.
Please God they can work their magic for him.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

milltown row

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 21, 2009, 09:56:56 PM
Beaumont Hospital is the best possible place to be if one has a neurological problem of any sort. Believe me, Johnny cannot be in safer hands. I know what I am talking (writing?) about.
Just three years ago I suffered a massive brain haemorrhage without any sort of warning.
I was blessed that some friends found me lying on the road and called an ambulance and I was lucky also that I was taken to Beaumont.I was so badly affected that my relations were told to get to see me at once as my time on Earth was definitely limited.
But luck was on my side as Beaumont's neurological department is a world leader in all manner of neurogical trauma.
A team there, led by Chris Pigeon, had just pioneered the technique of coiling, a procedure used to repair torn arteries without the need to use invasive surgery.
Within three weeks I was released from hospital and was able,  more or less, to resume a normal life style.
The point I am making is that I would not have pulled through if I didn't live close to Beaumont Hospital and if the place didn't have the technology and expertise to deal with my aneurysm promptly.
Believe me, Bud, I know what happened to Johnny is a tragedy but if anyone can help him, it will be one of the neurosurgeons at Beaumont.
Please God they can work their magic for him.

some story Lar. hope it all goes well Bud 

Tyrones own

Sorry to hear that Bud..we'll say one for him that he pulls through.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann