A little prayer asked.

Started by Bud Wiser, March 21, 2009, 05:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

People come back from comas, even when the situation seems hopeless. Johnny has all these good people pulling for him.

muppet

Bud I am here long enough to know that you are an inspiration youself & like Lar Naparka you have come back from your own challenges.

I sincerely hope that your kin do as well as you did.

My family are praying for yours.
MWWSI 2017

heganboy

Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2009, 02:58:43 AM
Bud I am here long enough to know that you are an inspiration youself & like Lar Naparka you have come back from your own challenges.
seconded.

hope all the luck in the world is with him
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Bud Wiser

QuoteBeaumont Hospital is the best possible place to be if one has a neurological problem of any sort. Believe me, Johnny cannot be in safer hands. I know what I am talking (writing?) about.
Just three years ago I suffered a massive brain haemorrhage without any sort of warning.
I was blessed that some friends found me lying on the road and called an ambulance and I was lucky also that I was taken to Beaumont.I was so badly affected that my relations were told to get to see me at once as my time on Earth was definitely limited.
But luck was on my side as Beaumont's neurological department is a world leader in all manner of neurogical trauma.
A team there, led by Chris Pigeon, had just pioneered the technique of coiling, a procedure used to repair torn arteries without the need to use invasive surgery.
Within three weeks I was released from hospital and was able,  more or less, to resume a normal life style.
The point I am making is that I would not have pulled through if I didn't live close to Beaumont Hospital and if the place didn't have the technology and expertise to deal with my aneurysm promptly.
Believe me, Bud, I know what happened to Johnny is a tragedy but if anyone can help him, it will be one of the neurosurgeons at Beaumont.
Please God they can work their magic for him.

Lar you were indeed lucky your friends found you. Great to hear a good news story like that.  Johnny had his accident in Laoisso was brought to Portlaoise, then Tullamore and then Beaumount. You are absolutely correct saying that Beaumount is a world leader in neurogical trauma and in this case their job is done in that they have stopped bleeding but it is what happened before he got to Beaumount that is the problem.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

ONeill

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 21, 2009, 09:56:56 PM
Beaumont Hospital is the best possible place to be if one has a neurological problem of any sort. Believe me, Johnny cannot be in safer hands. I know what I am talking (writing?) about.
Just three years ago I suffered a massive brain haemorrhage without any sort of warning.
I was blessed that some friends found me lying on the road and called an ambulance and I was lucky also that I was taken to Beaumont.I was so badly affected that my relations were told to get to see me at once as my time on Earth was definitely limited.
But luck was on my side as Beaumont's neurological department is a world leader in all manner of neurogical trauma.
A team there, led by Chris Pigeon, had just pioneered the technique of coiling, a procedure used to repair torn arteries without the need to use invasive surgery.
Within three weeks I was released from hospital and was able,  more or less, to resume a normal life style.
The point I am making is that I would not have pulled through if I didn't live close to Beaumont Hospital and if the place didn't have the technology and expertise to deal with my aneurysm promptly.
Believe me, Bud, I know what happened to Johnny is a tragedy but if anyone can help him, it will be one of the neurosurgeons at Beaumont.
Please God they can work their magic for him.

Somebody was looking down on you there. We lost a young brother in law last month with the same.

Keep the faith Bud.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Watcher Pat

Prayers and thoughts are with him....Hope he pulls through..

"Waiting For A Loved One"

This prayer is to Our Lord in Heaven above
Please be with us,and help us
To have the Wisdom and Patience to wait,

And help with all aspects
Of our Coma Patient's
Recovery Process Dear Lord
With Your Guidance and Love.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

wherefromreferee?

Bud, prayers said at Mass this morning.
In your Endo!

Carmen Stateside

Sorry to hear Bud, just heading out to mass so i will say a few prayers.  Hope all ends well!

dodo

Prayers said for things to work out.

nifan

I believe the friend i mentioned earlier was also treated in beaumont - again the care was exceptional

T Fearon

Sorry to hear that Bud and your nephew will be in Fiona and I's thoughts and prayers. It is simply incredible how the life of a person and their entire family circle can be turned upside down in the space of a minute

full back

Will do Bud
Hope Johnny makes a full recovery

orangeman

I really hope things go well Bud - he's in our prayers as is the whole family.

Galwaybhoy

Hope he will make a full recovery Bud, he will be in my prayers.

lynchbhoy

Great to hear that Lar

Prayers Said bud, please God all will work out well.