The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Puckoon, feel free to put forward a balanced view then instead of attacking either myself or Hedley.
That has been the problem on this board regarding the Middle East. Far too often, people are
playing the man, and not the ball.

Puckoon, you will find it hard to put acroos a fair and balanced view on US foreign policy in the
Middle East considering the the role the US is playing out there right now.

As I type this, 750 people, including 11 Irish people are in serious danger from Israel/US weapons
as they attempt to sail into Gaza.

Israhell have stated that they will stop these people at all costs, and that they will use force
if necessary.

This stand off is to take place in the next 12/24 hours.

Why will Israhell attack them? Because they are bringing vital aid to a region that has been destroyed over 62 years by US weapons and support for a racist apartheid regime that is on it's last legs.

Only yesterday, 189 countries voted in favour of forcing Israhell to declare their Nuclear weapons
and sign the NPT.  The US were dragged kicking and screaming to the table to support it.

To compound the bad hair day for Israhell, the EU came out yesterday and stated that Israhell must end the siege immediatley and allow the ships into Gaza. No doubt Uncle Sam will sit back and say nothing as it signs another daily cheque for $7 million to go to the regime to buy weapons to attack these ships and passengers.

If one person is injured by US/Israhell weapons, then feel free to come in with a bit of balance whenever I start posting about it.........

Oh, and if you don't think Israhell  is capapable of attacking them, then you should read about the USS Liberty, the US ship Israhell attacked in 1967 killing many US service men. Of course, Uncle Sam played a major role in that cover up........

However, if we were to believe the western media, it is Iran that is a threat, while all the time
it is Israhell/US that is the biggest threat to peace in the middle east.

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

U.S. President Bomber O' Bomber opposes PEACE in the Middle East............................

"We strongly oppose efforts to single out Israel, and will oppose actions that jeopardize Israel's national security," Obama said, adding that "the greatest threat to proliferation in the Middle East, and to the NPT, is Iran's failure to live up to its NPT obligations."

The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty review conference adopted Friday a declaration upholding principles of disarmament and calling for an international conference in 2012 with the aim to establish a nuclear-weapon-free Middle East.

The 189 NPT parties also decided to address North Korea in the final declaration, calling on that country to return to negotiations to settle the dispute over its nuclear activities.
The 28-page declaration was adopted by consensus, closing a month of debate that began on May 3. It contains a 22-point action plan.

U.S. National Security Adviser General James L. Jones also deplored the decision to single out Israel, calling the move "gratuitous".

"The failure of the resolution to mention Iran, a nation in longstanding violation of the NPT and UN Security Council Resolutions which poses the greatest threat of nuclear proliferation in the region and to the integrity of the NPT, is also deplorable," Jones said.

Under the NPT's action plan, the five recognized nuclear-weapon states - the United States, Russia, Britain, France and China - commit to speed up arms reductions, take other steps to diminish the importance of atomic weapons, and report back on progress by 2014.

The NPT is intended to stop the spread of atomic weapons, though it allowed the United States, Britain, France, China and Russia to keep their arsenals while calling on them to negotiate on disarmament.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon praised the adoption of the declaration and its plan of action.

"A strong spirit of compromise and cooperation has delivered a significant agreement to build a safer and more secure world," Ban said in a statement.

The action plan "lays the solid foundation to further strengthen the treaty and address the challenges ahead," Ban said. He welcomed the nuclear-weapon-states to commit themselves to actions to eliminate nuclear weapons.

Hedley Lamarr

Now there's a surprise ::)

Dixie, don't be expecting any reasoned debate on here......Hamas - Houmous.....doubt they know the difference ;)
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Maiden1

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 28, 2010, 09:14:22 PM
I actually enjoy reading them Lamarr.  Keep it up.

+1

Post whatever you want.  If someone else wants to post something refutting something posted then go ahead.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

stew

Quote from: give her dixie on May 29, 2010, 12:04:25 PM
Puckoon, feel free to put forward a balanced view then instead of attacking either myself or Hedley.
That has been the problem on this board regarding the Middle East. Far too often, people are
playing the man, and not the ball.

Puckoon, you will find it hard to put acroos a fair and balanced view on US foreign policy in the
Middle East considering the the role the US is playing out there right now.

As I type this, 750 people, including 11 Irish people are in serious danger from Israel/US weapons
as they attempt to sail into Gaza.

Israhell have stated that they will stop these people at all costs, and that they will use force
if necessary.

This stand off is to take place in the next 12/24 hours.

Why will Israhell attack them? Because they are bringing vital aid to a region that has been destroyed over 62 years by US weapons and support for a racist apartheid regime that is on it's last legs.

Only yesterday, 189 countries voted in favour of forcing Israhell to declare their Nuclear weapons
and sign the NPT.  The US were dragged kicking and screaming to the table to support it.

To compound the bad hair day for Israhell, the EU came out yesterday and stated that Israhell must end the siege immediatley and allow the ships into Gaza. No doubt Uncle Sam will sit back and say nothing as it signs another daily cheque for $7 million to go to the regime to buy weapons to attack these ships and passengers.

If one person is injured by US/Israhell weapons, then feel free to come in with a bit of balance whenever I start posting about it.........

Oh, and if you don't think Israhell  is capapable of attacking them, then you should read about the USS Liberty, the US ship Israhell attacked in 1967 killing many US service men. Of course, Uncle Sam played a major role in that cover up........

However, if we were to believe the western media, it is Iran that is a threat, while all the time
it is Israhell/US that is the biggest threat to peace in the middle east.

Dixie, your hatred of Israel is there for all to see, you Calling the Country Israhell is childish and stupid.

The liberty was covered up, the US has a history of dealing with israel with kids gloves, we get that, what i don't get is why you cant seem to see any good in America whatsoever, only for them we would be speaking german.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

give her dixie

"you cant seem to see any good in America whatsoever, only for them we would be speaking german."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;

Tyrones own

Quote from: Maiden1 on May 29, 2010, 03:29:45 PM

+1

Post whatever you want.  If someone else wants to post something refutting something posted then go ahead.
Sure, post whatever ye want but here's an idea...why dont the three or four of ye at most start
a thread of your own and knock yourselves out posting dung that few others here want to read and leave
my quailty thread to me in berating Obama for the joke that he is and reminding the lads here just how right I was
from the start ;D

The Irony here is also something to behold...berate Fox news for being Biased but yet bury yourselves to the neck
in gathering information to fill this thread full of biased and blinkered hatred...and that's somehow OK ::)

Hatred is not the answer lads...it's not working very well in the middle east and it sure isn't much good here either :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

give her dixie

Tyrones Own, I have to admit that you are right about Bomber Obomber.

He has turned out to be a complete failure, and has bowed to big business and took the soup.

His inaction in the Gulf Oil spill crisis is a testament to his failure as US president.

J70

Quote from: give her dixie on May 29, 2010, 07:07:02 PM

He has turned out to be a complete failure, and has bowed to big business and took the soup.

His inaction in the Gulf Oil spill crisis is a testament to his failure as US president.

He has been awful on the Gulf spill. Even if there is not or was not a whole lot the feds could be doing in terms of getting the thing stopped, perception means a lot and he is far too aloof for a disaster of this scale, especially one that so represents the utter ludicrousness of the Republican viewpoint when it comes to business regulation and environmental issues. He should have been out there screaming about what exactly the feds could do and were doing to help the people of the gulf in terms of funding, personnel and equipment and making it clear that all that could be done was being done. Its all very delegating when you have people like Gates or Clinton handling things, but Salazar hasn't exactly been inspiring amidst all of this. This was a situation, coming so soon after the mining disaster, that was tailor-made for Obama to make the right look ridiculous on regulation and environmental issues (and they do look ridiculous to anyone who gives a f**k and has a clue), but he's fucked it up utterly. Too bad as well, just when the tea party movement is starting to let slip some of their more questionable views.

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: Tyrones own on May 29, 2010, 06:02:45 PM

+1

Sure, post whatever ye want but here's an idea...why dont the three or four of ye at most start
a thread of your own and knock yourselves out posting dung that few others here want to read and leave
my quailty thread to me in berating Obama for the joke that he is and reminding the lads here just how right I was
from the start ;D

The Irony here is also something to behold...berate Fox news for being Biased but yet bury yourselves to the neck
in gathering information to fill this thread full of biased and blinkered hatred...and that's somehow OK ::)

Hatred is not the answer lads...it's not working very well in the middle east and it sure isn't much good here either :-\

TO you are full of it, anyone who posts  anything opposing your view is posting dung.....that's rational :D
The information I have posted gives a view from this side of the world, and rather than try a pathetic attempt at dismissing it as "biased an blinkered hated".....post something that actually challenges the content of the post.
For the record I don't hate America.....just it's foreign policy in the ME and its double standards.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Hedley Lamarr

Prime example of its double standards......

Editorial: Nuke-free Mideast
Russia and China should now demand US pressure Israel into signing the NPT

The call by the United Nations for a Mideast free of nuclear weapons offers yet again a new opportunity to bring Israel into the nonproliferation treaty process while also stopping Iran or any other regional power from acquiring a nuclear arsenal.

The Israelis of course have denounced the decision by some 200 member signatories  of the Nuclear NonProliferation Treaty (NPT), saying it is discriminatory because it singles them out. Such an absurd protest ignores the reality that at present Israel is the only Mideast state possessing this fearsome weapons.  The Netanyahu government instead yesterday trotted out its standard complaint that Iran was the real danger and the UN should concentrate on ensuring that its nuclear weapons program is halted.

That indeed is what the UN is seeking to do. At Washington's prompting, it is ratcheting up the demand for further sanctions to be imposed upon Tehran. Given that the existing sanctions are already hurting Iran — oil production is down by around 400,000 barrels a day due to the lack of replacement of oil field equipment and because local refining capacity has become so decrepit the country is having to import refined petroleum products — an increased tightening seems bound to add to the problems of the administration of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

The Obama White House has worked hard to bring both the Russians and the Chinese into agreement for further pressure on Iran.  Now is the moment for Moscow and Beijing to use the leverage they have thus acquired to demand Washington pressure Israel in its turn into signing and complying with the terms of the NPT. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Obama has given some substance to his declared wish to halt and then reduce the presence of atomic weaponry. He has cut the new bilateral warhead reduction deal with the Russians and for the first time, set out the circumstances in which Washington might resort to a nuclear strike.  It is therefore not surprising he immediately welcomed the UN call yesterday which envisages a 2012 conference of all Middle East states to establish a nuclear-free zone here.

That he also went on to regret the UN had singled out Israel need perhaps not be taken too seriously. He knows Israel's nuclear warheads are a key factor which must have prompted Iran's actions in recent years. Between now and the 2012 conference, he has to convince the Israelis to disarm.  Success could produce a very different Israel that would commit to talking, not least on Palestine, rather than endless confrontation and heartless oppression in the occupied territories.

For many reasons it is a big risk. Yet Israelis have to understand that possessing nuclear weapons actually undermines their security because if it has not done so already, at some point it will prompt one or more countries in the region to match its arsenal, if only for deterrent purposes. Ultimately, if Israel ignores the calls to cooperate, then it too should face international sanctions that it has backed so enthusiastically against the Iranians.

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on May 30, 2010, 02:45:13 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 29, 2010, 07:07:02 PM

He has been awful on the Gulf spill. Even if there is not or was not a whole lot the feds could be doing in terms of getting the thing stopped, perception means a lot and he is far too aloof for a disaster of this scale, especially one that so represents the utter ludicrousness of the Republican viewpoint when it comes to business regulation and environmental issues. He should have been out there screaming about what exactly the feds could do and were doing to help the people of the gulf in terms of funding, personnel and equipment and making it clear that all that could be done was being done. Its all very delegating when you have people like Gates or Clinton handling things, but Salazar hasn't exactly been inspiring amidst all of this. This was a situation, coming so soon after the mining disaster, that was tailor-made for Obama to make the right look ridiculous on regulation and environmental issues (and they do look ridiculous to anyone who gives a f**k and has a clue), but he's fucked it up utterly. Too bad as well, just when the tea party movement is starting to let slip some of their more questionable views.

If only it stopped there J....
QuoteAll opinions from the moment you are born are biased.  If anyone here got swapped at birth with e.g. Ian Paisley Jr they most likely would have different opinions.
Great then and thank you for clearing this up for me.... can we then expect a dramatic drop in the Fox news angle being thrown
in our faces for any kind of logical opposition of the rhetoric and bigotry that goes on here ::)
QuoteFor the record I don't hate America.....just it's foreign policy in the ME and its double standards.
Fair enough then and I don't condone Israels actions in Gaza either but do us a favour then and start a new thread
as my thread view count can only suffer with what you're positing here :P

- Walter Lippmann

magickingdom

+1

the point is this is a discussion board with discussion being the operative word. a few posters use the board to plaster it with article after article without any attempt to have a discussion - its just propaganda. now if everyone starts to abuse the board like that what do we have? do these posters have any view on the fact that over 1 billion chinesse speak with one voice, imagine no public dissent allowed in a country that size? in iran gays are on the run? nothing but US bashing from our boys here tho.....

Hedley Lamarr

the point is this is a discussion board with discussion being the operative word. a few posters use the board to plaster it with article after article without any attempt to have a discussion - its just propaganda. now if everyone starts to abuse the board like that what do we have? do these posters have any view on the fact that over 1 billion chinesse speak with one voice, imagine no public dissent allowed in a country that size?

Start a thread on it then and see if anyone has any views ::)

in iran gays are on the run? ::) ::) ::)

nothing but US bashing from our boys here tho.....

how did you know I was from Kerry? :D

I love the way any different view is deemed US bashing :D
God bless America.

Tyrones own

QuoteStart a thread on it then and see if anyone has any views
Now we know you're joking...but it sounds good I'll give you that :)
  - Walter Lippmann