The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

This was obviously what you implied in the following post.

Quote from: Tyrones own on Today at 03:01:52 PM

Yes and neither had the ones that returned to fight....the fact that they hadn't been charged meant they were innocent too I suppose

Eh .... no it was yet another one of them question thingys.... you know those things that you boys will dodge around
from morning til night rather than answer :-X
QuoteIn the real world, when someone is not charged with any crime they are considered innocent. Does US intelligence monitor your every movement? If not, they can't possibly be 100% that you are not a terrorist. Maybe you should be kept in prison, and tortured, indefinitely. You know, just in case.
Tell me is this simply innocence, ignorance, naivety or a combination of all three...and yes this is another one of those darn thingys for you to dodge
Reverting to type I see. Creating straw men and putting words in people's mouths. Pathetic.
Who are you trying to fool, sure ye boy's have made a living off dodging questions,
being out and out hypocrites with your double standards and putting words in my mouth with assumptions for years now :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

QuoteSorry TO, but the onus is on the US to make the charges stick. You can't just pick people up, throw them in prison and forget about them. I would have thought that someone from your northern background would be averse to the state locking people up without charges or trial?
Pray tell your not equating this with Internment in the North of Ireland  :o...somehow i doubt very much that Bush's foot soldiers burst through these two lad's
back doors at 3 in the morning and took them out of their beds as they innocently slept knowing full well they were innocent.. I know them and I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board that know men that done time in the kesh while all a sundry including the RUC knew that most of them played Feck all part in the troubles >:(
There were a lot of tactics in place as to the rooting out of these people, from being caught red handed running guns and explosives, interrogation tactics and yes if that meant torture to get names to bribing elders but then this kind of thinking doesn't lend itself to the liberal argument and unrelenting drive to berate Bush
Funny how it's always the Mexicans here that feel the need to bring the troubles and in this case something that happened 40 years ago in to modern day
debates as if it gives them some kind of leg up... News flash, it makes ye look like fools and will the next time you play it as well
And spare us the crocodile tears about the Pittsburgh riots (although it was interesting to compare the tone of Fox News' coverage of it with their reverent coverage of the townhalls and tea bag protests)
Crocodile tears my hole...I couldn't give a damn if the burned thon Kip to the ground.... simply highlighting yet another typical non report from the Obama media machine.
Other than a heavily edited post from Dixie portraying the whole shoot as a bunch of goons please post the video of where there was tear gas,
stones and bottles thrown at police and 15+ arrests made during the tea party in Washington ::)
I remember it well that it was patriotic to voice displeasure at head office when Bush was there
but somehow now it's a right wing conspiracy and racism when any one dare speaks out against Obama  :D
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

I wonder whose coffers he's intent on filling in his corrupt Chicago regime
with his personal push to get the Olympics to Chicago...it surely can't be for the good
of the city itself in the long term, but then maybe it's a short term answer to
his sky rocketing unemployment numbers :-[

Jaysus I remember a time when Poor old W was berated by the left for taking his
auld bike out around the park for an hours exercise most days saying that's it's a disgrace to
be seen out wasting time when there are such pressing issues to contend with...
Now stay with me here.... It's OK for Obama to Fly air force one to Europe at tax payers expense to put forward a case for hosting the Olympics whilst there is all this turmoil going on both at home and around the world ::) Gross double standards anyone :o

P.S Still no word from Pelosi on the riots that would remove any fears of what could be seen as blatant double standards in what gets reported and what doesn't but I'm expecting it any day now and will post it right away ;)
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 28, 2009, 11:01:52 PM
QuoteBecause in civilized countries they are innocent until proven guilty. Therefore they are legally innocent. On top of that they haven't even been charged with anything.
Yes and neither had the ones that returned to fight....the fact that they hadn't been charged meant they were innocent too I suppose ::)

If you think that is a reasonable comment then you won't understand why most of the Bush administration will choose their holidays very carefully. Most countries are legally obliged to arrest war criminals.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

If you think that is a reasonable comment then you won't understand why most of the Bush administration will choose their holidays very carefully. Most countries are legally obliged to arrest war criminals.
It wasn't a comment..it was another one of those question thingy's that seems to scare ye boys off
But back to your point..I'd say they're not too bothered sure Bill Clinton seems to be able to go where he likes when he likes :-\
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 29, 2009, 10:58:31 PM
It wasn't a comment..it was another one of those question thingy's that seems to scare ye boys off
But back to your point..I'd say they're not too bothered sure Bill Clinton seems to be able to go where he likes when he likes :-\

A question usually has a question mark. Back to the point you brought up the detainees. Stick to the detainees, Clinton had nothing to do with them.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

No but he had a lot to do with war crimes which you brought up!
and anyway..do try to keep up, we're on page 14 now
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 29, 2009, 11:05:11 PM

Yes you fairly rushed away from page 12.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Quote from: muppet on September 29, 2009, 11:08:16 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on September 29, 2009, 11:05:11 PM

Yes you fairly rushed away from page 12.
I did?  :D even if that were to be true what could i say, your intellectual brilliance in answering tough questions under pressure... oops :-X is hard to keep up with...not :P
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 29, 2009, 02:12:59 PM
QuoteSorry TO, but the onus is on the US to make the charges stick. You can't just pick people up, throw them in prison and forget about them. I would have thought that someone from your northern background would be averse to the state locking people up without charges or trial?
Pray tell your not equating this with Internment in the North of Ireland  :o...somehow i doubt very much that Bush's foot soldiers burst through these two lad's
back doors at 3 in the morning and took them out of their beds as they innocently slept knowing full well they were innocent.. I know them and I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board that know men that done time in the kesh while all a sundry including the RUC knew that most of them played Feck all part in the troubles >:(
There were a lot of tactics in place as to the rooting out of these people, from being caught red handed running guns and explosives, interrogation tactics and yes if that meant torture to get names to bribing elders but then this kind of thinking doesn't lend itself to the liberal argument and unrelenting drive to berate Bush
Funny how it's always the Mexicans here that feel the need to bring the troubles and in this case something that happened 40 years ago in to modern day
debates as if it gives them some kind of leg up... News flash, it makes ye look like fools and will the next time you play it as well

I see... picking up and whisking people away to prison, whether they've committed crimes or not, whether you'll be able to make a case against them or not, is fine and dandy when done by the Americans, but not by the Brits. Or is it the case that it was your friends and neighbours back then, but just some muslims now? And what has the fact that it happened in the 70s got to do with anything? And if torture is so commendable, why the ludicrous campaign by the right to tell us that waterboarding isn't torture? Cheney and his daughter are still at it!

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 29, 2009, 02:12:59 PM
And spare us the crocodile tears about the Pittsburgh riots (although it was interesting to compare the tone of Fox News' coverage of it with their reverent coverage of the townhalls and tea bag protests)
Crocodile tears my hole...I couldn't give a damn if the burned thon Kip to the ground.... simply highlighting yet another typical non report from the Obama media machine.
Other than a heavily edited post from Dixie portraying the whole shoot as a bunch of goons please post the video of where there was tear gas,
stones and bottles thrown at police and 15+ arrests made during the tea party in Washington ::)
I remember it well that it was patriotic to voice displeasure at head office when Bush was there
but somehow now it's a right wing conspiracy and racism when any one dare speaks out against Obama  :D

What the f**k has condemning or not condemning a bunch of anarchists rioting got to do with Obama? He was there, leading the G20 meeting, was he not? Were they not protesting him? Or was he out there, fomenting things on the street?

And it was your side that was foaming at the mouth and screaming "unamerican" and "unpatriotic" and "treason" when people were out protesting in 02 and 03. And I don't remember anyone trying to play down the Bush Lied/People Died stuff back then, so how can you complain that they are reporting on all the Obama is Hitler/Stalin/Kenyan/terrorist/Bachman's FEMA reeducation camps and all the rest of the nonsense?

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 29, 2009, 08:01:03 PM
I wonder whose coffers he's intent on filling in his corrupt Chicago regime
with his personal push to get the Olympics to Chicago...it surely can't be for the good
of the city itself in the long term, but then maybe it's a short term answer to
his sky rocketing unemployment numbers :-[

Jaysus I remember a time when Poor old W was berated by the left for taking his
auld bike out around the park for an hours exercise most days saying that's it's a disgrace to
be seen out wasting time when there are such pressing issues to contend with...
Now stay with me here.... It's OK for Obama to Fly air force one to Europe at tax payers expense to put forward a case for hosting the Olympics whilst there is all this turmoil going on both at home and around the world ::) Gross double standards anyone :o

P.S Still no word from Pelosi on the riots that would remove any fears of what could be seen as blatant double standards in what gets reported and what doesn't but I'm expecting it any day now and will post it right away ;)

Bush got criticised by the left for taking the bike out for an hour? That's really true, is it?

And christ, I must have imagined Tony Blair getting involved in the campaign to bring the Olympics to London. Yes, building those hotels and stadiums and public infrastructure and all the rest of it, that will be there for the use of the community afterwards, in addition to all the construction work and the work servicing the games themselves, yes, that's a shitty investment all right. Must be why so few major cities are ever interested in getting the games!

Tyrones own

QuoteBush got criticised by the left for taking the bike out for an hour? That's really true, is it?

Oh aye, if you could believe it..... you actually sound surprised ???
http://www.noozhawk.com/michelle_malkin/article/1229_michelle_malkin_media_no_longer_exercised_about_presidential_workouts/

QuoteAnd christ, I must have imagined Tony Blair getting involved in the campaign to bring the Olympics to London. Yes, building those hotels and stadiums and public infrastructure and all the rest of it, that will be there for the use of the community afterwards, in addition to all the construction work and the work servicing the games themselves, yes, that's a shitty investment all right. Must be why so few major cities are ever interested in getting the games!

As the saying goes be careful what you wish for... are you at all familiar with what has gone before at some of these host cities
as far as over runs resulting in financial ruin?
http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1926505,00.html

And might I add, the last figures I read was that as many as 76% of Chicagoans don't want to host the games... but then they'd be expecting a bit much
for this administration to take public opinion in to account..you know for the people, by the people and all that ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Two reporters, one quoting Cindy Sheehan = "the left"?   ::)

TO, where you this horrified with the ultra-partisanship earlier this decade when your side was on the up? Bush, the man who became president after losing the popular vote, ruling as if he had won a Reagan or even an Obama-like majority.  The house under Tom Delay as he intentionally forced through partisan legislation strictly along party lines and completely sidelined the Democrats from the process. There wasn't even lipservice paid to getting Democratic input as Delay, Rove and the rest of them arrogantly thought they were building a permanent Republican majority (its less than four years since they were boasting that shite!) I didn't hear much from the right wing then about popular opinion or the rights of the opposition. All they cared about was that they had a 50 + 1 majority and f**k the majority who voted for Gore or Nader or the 49% who voted for John Kerry. Where was "for the people, by the people" then? I'm not saying that the wishes of Chicagoans do not matter, of course they do (although we heard plenty of ridiculing of Clinton and contrasting him with Bush from the right wing about using polls to set policy), but that's what elections and courts are for. And yes, you're going to come back with the Cook County Democratic machine, but at least your man Fitzgerald (who, if you'll remember, was widely vilified by the Republican not too long ago for another investigation) is doing good work of late and will hopefully root them out.

Tyrones own

QuoteTwo reporters, one quoting Cindy Sheehan = "the left"?   ::)
Ah true to form with ye...you asked me to give an example of a point I made and all you can do
is pull one name out of a complete article that perfectly illustrated the point I had initially made.
Heaven forbid you'd at least acknowledge the fact that in this case there was indeed a massive double standard
from the media...you really and truly are hopelessly in the tank for him aren't ye :o simply can't give it up ;D
QuoteI'm not saying that the wishes of Chicagoans do not matter
Of course they don't matter to him... sure the majority of the country don't want his socialized health care bill either
but that's not stopping him is it? ...for the people and by the people and all that..right?
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 30, 2009, 04:46:04 AM
QuoteTwo reporters, one quoting Cindy Sheehan = "the left"?   ::)
Ah true to form with ye...you asked me to give an example of a point I made and all you can do
is pull one name out of a complete article that perfectly illustrated the point I had initially made.
Heaven forbid you'd at least acknowledge the fact that in this case there was indeed a massive double standard
from the media...you really and truly are hopelessly in the tank for him aren't ye :o simply can't give it up ;D

You post an article from Michele Malkin, of all people (she who never makes a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to the left! ::) Even the likes of Laura Ingraham was telling her to get a grip a few months back when she tried to make a campaign out of Rachel Ray [is there a more inoffensive media person in America?] wearing a PLO-type scarf!), which references one opinion piece in the LA Times and another reporter quoting Cindy Sheehan. Is that supposed to represent the left making a big fuss out of Bush exercising? Two articles back then and then another one more recently by totally different writers for different papers/agencies = double standard? Yeah, ok. ::)