The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 23, 2009, 05:07:33 AM
QuoteAs if the Republicans want to get into the actual ordeal of trying to deport 17 million people, including all that cheap labour! It is a nice cause to rally the "values" wing of the party though, even if the rhetoric does help Hispanics into the Democratic fold.

Exactly, I completely agree and that's why I'm going to continue to beat this drum til we can all agree... that even though most here
fell for and believed the hype this time last year that Obama could walk on water....he can't and is no fecking better than all that came before him :'(
Transparency and change me hole!

Are you saying you agree with me that the Republicans cynically use the immigration issue as a wedge issue, talking plenty but doing little or nothing? :o

Obama is a politician, and a pretty ruthless one at that. Anyone who gets to his position is. That is partly why I wouldn't be so quick to write him off as you are.

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 23, 2009, 05:07:33 AM
That is pretty damning. :(
I hope then you'll understand my disdain for the crocodile tears on display...like she gives a fcuk >:(
And we're supposed to trust them with leading an overhaul of our health care system.... for the poor ::)

Well, I would like to hear what she has to say on the hospital issue, but she is pretty irrelevant to whatever healthcare legislation will eventually pass. The likes of Olympia Snowe and Ben Nelson hold the power there.

Tyrones own

Because costs are out of control,
This is true but why can't Obama, Axlerod and co answer the simple question as to why they can't open it up
so we can purchase medical insurance across State lines, without competition monopolies are created which in
turn trickles down to us in astronomical costs..that and placing a cap on frivolous malpractice suits would have been a good
place to start!
I don't know but it seems to me that he's taking a hatchet to the whole thing where a scalpel would do the trick ;)
QuoteNot sure, but "educating" them is allowing TO to manage his obsession in a benign way, so what's the harm?!
It's just that;
"I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance."   
   - Thomas carlyle
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Are you saying you agree with me that the Republicans cynically use the immigration issue as a wedge issue, talking plenty but doing little or nothing? :o
Pretty much due to little more than the fact that the borders were never locked down after 9/11!
QuoteObama is a politician, and a pretty ruthless one at that.
Surely not, sure didn't he run on being the great unifier in bringing to Washington a new brand of post partisan and post racial politics,
a sea of change, teary eyed fist pumping transparency and hope that we can all believe in ::)
an administration where by lobbyist's and special interests would have no part to play in his policy making *cough*
QuoteWell, I would like to hear what she has to say on the hospital issue,
Your joking right...who in hell is going to be allowed to get close enough to ask that one....surely you're aware by now
that there are no chance questions ever put to them..that every last detail is vetted.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

- Walter Lippmann

heganboy

people will make up songs about any auld crap and teach it to kids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVgiRIj2GMM
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whiskeysteve

Quote from: heganboy on September 25, 2009, 02:31:14 PM
people will make up songs about any auld crap and teach it to kids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVgiRIj2GMM

for the love of god delete that. my ears are bleeding
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Tyrones own

Evidently not the only thing that's bleeding  ;D

Good call there HB...the similarities are definitely striking no doubt  ;)
  - Walter Lippmann

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 25, 2009, 06:02:12 PM
Evidently not the only thing that's bleeding  ;D

What else is bleeding apart from Whiskey's ears?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Tyrones own

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/2009/09/26/10170/

Where's the outcry now for the unethical holding of these men without charge ::)
Surely the wee Libs back there can't be seen to be toeing Bush's line...under the guise of Obama :o
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Have been scouring the news networks to see that Pelosi has come out denigrating
the real riotous behavior at the G20 Summit in Pittsburgh like she did with the people at the
Tea parties....maybe she's gone for the weekend and will lash out first thing Mon morning ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 27, 2009, 04:34:51 AM

Where's the outcry now for the unethical holding of these men without charge ::)
Surely the wee Libs back there can't be seen to be toeing Bush's line...under the guise of Obama :o

Do mean the unethical releasing of these men without torture?  ::)
MWWSI 2017

PadraicHenryPearse

if your just going to repost stuff from o'Reilly, Beck and Hanratty why not just ask everyone to watch fox instead of cont. this thread,

Tyrones own

Quote from: muppet on September 27, 2009, 05:03:03 AM

Eh...No, the unethical detaining of these innocent men in Ireland  :o
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on September 27, 2009, 05:58:03 AM
if your just going to repost stuff from o'Reilly, Beck and Hanratty why not just ask everyone to watch fox instead of cont. this thread,
Simply because most here only read and listen to what's fed them....see they're no different there to what I have for neighbours,
I was conferring with my next door neighbour on Fri evening and was shocked to hear (actually not really) that she thought there was one tape of
ACORN's transgressions, never heard of Van Jones, didn't know anything about the John Adams project and thinks overall that the country is
very happy so far with Obama as president. now this is a Berkeley educated Attorney that works for the state and could argue a black crow white
but was stepping on her tail left and right as she back peddled down off my porch with no answers due to being simply uninformed!
Though I do recall her muttering something about it being Bush's fault as she turned the corner :D
And anyway, I would highly recommend fox News to get some the boys here up to speed..Fair and balanced being rated #1 for 8 years now and counting ;D
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 27, 2009, 04:57:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 27, 2009, 05:03:03 AM

Eh...No, the unethical detaining of these innocent men in Ireland  :o

Eh...they won't be detained in Ireland.
MWWSI 2017